• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official Sony released Resistance 2 shots

AKS

Gattsu25 said:
Honestly, I could never 'get' the LAARK alt-fire :(

Fire the rocket with the primary fire button, then hold secondary fire to freeze the rocket. You can steer the rocket from there to re-aim it or use the minirocket tricks I just posted. It's brutally powerful and would be of great help to people struggling with the most powerful characters like the Widowmaker.

Basch

I thought there was suffecient ammo for the Hailstorm in R:FOM. Granted, I would have liked more for mainly entertainment reasons. :D The main fire was great if you had a few rounds to spare. If you did not have enough time to sit around and wait for the alternate fire to do its magic, the main fire was ideal for quick kills. Especially when retreating. Ever try shooting the Hailstorm in a narrow hall when there were maybe three enemies in pursuit? Great for when you're too scared to give that final push. :lol Segmented health system does that to you, you know.

Hey!

chimera-list.jpg

Come on people. Rank these guys. Hardest to least. Or scariest to least. Your choice. You could always do both. I want to know what other people thought. :D

Mine:

Challenge: Hardest to Least

1 or 2) Angels (tied with Widowmakers... maybe)
1 or 2) Widowmakers
3) Stalkers
4) Gray Jacks
5) Advanced Hybrids
6 or 7) Howlers (another tie)
6 or 7) Titans
8) Steelheads
9) Slipskulls
10) Hardfangs
11) Hybrids
12) Rollers
13) Leapers
14) Menials

Scariest: Least Towards the Bottom

1) Gray Jacks
2) Widowmakers
3) Slipskulls
4) Angels
5) Stalkers
6) Howlers
7) Leapers
8) Titans
9) Steelheads
10) Hardfangs (Mainly because on first glance I thought, "Steelheads!" :lol )
11 or 12) Menials
11 or 12) Carriers
13) Advanced Hybrids
14) Hybrids
15) Rollers

So, what do you guys think? :D

Madman

Lightning said:
I hope there are dual sub machine guns in this one. That would be awesome.
Yeah. It would be really cool if they were able to lock onto two targets at once and have some special double melee.

J-Rzez

Raist said:
Huh, that would totally be out of place.

that said, dancing goliaths would be awesome :lol

I know, it'd be awesome.

OR, I'd demand a special unlockable ending where Nathan throws out a Groovitron and then the credits roll, all the mobs dancing to a remix of "I will survive".

TEH-CJ

Banned

1).Widow maker ( basicly one hit kill whith there acid, on superhuman anyway.)
2) Angels ( bitch to kill without the LAARK)
3)Howlers ( extremely fast and tough. Takes 5 shots with the shotgun to take down)
4) Hardfangs ( can be brutal in CQC)
5) Slipskulls ( not too bad if you have a good aim with the bullseye, but tricky mofo's)
6) Steal heads ( If your not good at strafing thier Auger, they can take you down fairly quickly)
7) Titans ( you need to be smart with cover when fighting a titan, especially on superhuman as there firerate is higher and more powerful, however a bullseye to the head and 2 clips will put one down fairly easily)
8 ) Advanced hybrids ( on superhuman can be a threat, however a good player will always come out on top )
9) Grey jacks ( if you have a sniper then they are fairly easy to take down, aim for the head and its instant kill.)
10) Menials ( 1 shot out of your rifle and a mellee is all it takes to kill one of these)

I always though Angles were pretty much the easiest enemy in the game, especially all the ones on the last level. I don't see how anyone could die to one. They stay at a distance most of the time, their attacks are painfully obvious, and you just just snipe/rocket them into oblivion.

The Jer

grey jacks were some of the hardest enemies.

Also, widow makers were easy. You had a rocket launcher by the time you faced them. Using the Laark's mini-rockets took them down in a second or two and you could be behind cover the whole time.

Basch

TEH-CJ said:

1).Widow maker ( basicly one hit kill whith there acid, on superhuman anyway.)
2) Angels ( bitch to kill without the LAARK)
3)Howlers ( extremely fast and tough. Takes 5 shots with the shotgun to take down)
4) Hardfangs ( can be brutal in CQC)
5) Slipskulls ( not too bad if you have a good aim with the bullseye, but tricky mofo's)
6) Steal heads ( If your not good at strafing thier Auger, they can take you down fairly quickly)
7) Titans ( you need to be smart with cover when fighting a titan, especially on superhuman as there firerate is higher and more powerful, however a bullseye to the head and 2 clips will put one down fairly easily)
8 ) Advanced hybrids ( on superhuman can be a threat, however a good player will always come out on top )
9) Grey jacks ( if you have a sniper then they are fairly easy to take down, aim for the head and its instant kill.)
10) Menials ( 1 shot out of your rifle and a mellee is all it takes to kill one of these)

Great descriptions. Agree with all except Gray Jacks and Advanced Hybrids. I would put them way higher. The only time I encountered Gray Jacks that were far enough a way for me to use a sniper was in
Somerset
. For the Advanced Hybrids, I mainly remember walking up the ramp in the
Chimeran tower
just after you have seen the
Angel growl at you
and pick up the Bullseye Mark II. They were very mean to me. It took multiple tries to get up that long walkway. Then again, there was like fifty of 'em. :lol But still, they gave me immense pain, I have to rank them quite high just because of that.

My Arms Your Hearse said:
I always though Angles were pretty much the easiest enemy in the game, especially all the ones on the last level. I don't see how anyone could die to one. They stay at a distance most of the time, their attacks are painfully obvious, and you just just snipe/rocket them into oblivion.

I take it you didn't try to fight off every last wave and save your comrades. I couldn't just leave them there. :D So, armed to the teeth with probably over a thosand rounds of ammo, I made my stand. As a result, I couldn't keep my eyes on the
Angels
. They sent their spikes and $hi+, oh, I mean poison, my way. After so many instant kills, I began to think of it as my most spiteful adversary. I remember trying to dodge all the Chimeran fire after the
Angel
took out the helicopter that was dropping off support. I wasn't able to get to it fast enough and a second appeared, and oh man was it hell. Especially when they're like this huge morale booster for the other Chimera. I tried rockets but missed almost every single one. They were often too far away and moved too frequently. Plus, I only use the Laarks main fire. And sniping didn't seem to have an effect on it. Besides it was kind of hard to do when being fired at on all sides. By the way, what difficulty setting(s) have you played the game in?

Loudninja said:
You can killed Menials with a pillow

:lol So true. Somehow, I can't seem to get myself to stop laughing. Insomniac, you need to include a pillow as an unlockable weapon in the game. That pillow would be so full of win. Those Menials were the biggest pushovers in the history of games. That is if you didn't get too close.

Big-E

Doing a playthrough on Hard now and I find that the Auger wielding Chimera are the hardest. They seem to cause me the most trouble out of all the various types of Chimera.

AKS

Big-E said:
Doing a playthrough on Hard now and I find that the Auger wielding Chimera are the hardest. They seem to cause me the most trouble out of all the various types of Chimera.

QFT. They are easily the most formidable enemies. They travel in packs, are incredibly aggressive, can shoot through walls and drain your lifebar in no time, and take tons of damage. Their weakness is the Fareye or LAARK, but even then you have to watch out because they don't travel alone.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Basch said:
Great descriptions. Agree with all except Gray Jacks and Advanced Hybrids. I would put them way higher. The only time I encountered Gray Jacks that were far enough a way for me to use a sniper was in
Somerset
. For the Advanced Hybrids, I mainly remember walking up the ramp in the
Chimeran tower
just after you have seen the
Angel growl at you
and pick up the Bullseye Mark II. They were very mean to me. It took multiple tries to get up that long walkway. Then again, there was like fifty of 'em. :lol But still, they gave me immense pain, I have to rank them quite high just because of that.

Thanks man

Yea if your talking about the advanced chimera you face in the last level, then yea those guys are fucking crazy. There on acid or something o_O

totally forgot about those guys, i would deffintely put them alot higher.

best way to dispach these guys is flank them with all you have and ALWAYS use cover. they are the smartest enemies in the game, and they wield the Bullseye mark II wich will cut you down in matter of seconds. They also work as a team and use flanking tactics... pain in the fricking ass on Superhuman.

Ceb

I hope the Bullseye mark II isn't standard issue equipment in Resistance 2... poor Hale.

The menials made me jump a couple of times. :lol

Basch

Ceb said:
I hope the Bullseye mark II isn't standard issue equipment in Resistance 2... poor Hale.

The menials made me jump a couple of times. :lol

P*$$y. Just kidding. I got surprised once or twice as well. I loved shooting the explosives they would carry. The resulting damage was just... :lol

Now that I think about it, no matter how much I laugh at the poor saps. They scared the hell out of me more than most if not all of the others. If you happened to chance upon one of them and they saw you first, oh man, did I shout a few vulgarities. :D Rounding the corner having finished a big fight? A Menial lurks, blending in with it's lab experiments. And then, it strikes. Faster than lightning it hurls that sphere, letting out a feral cry. You panic, and in the corner of the eye you see it: you see the explosive barreling towards you. Too late. BAM! I jumped a foot. So maybe I was being a bit harsh.

There was also that time when I was walking up the Chimeran Conduits in the
Chimeran Tower
. Little f*(c)ker threw it at me over that huge chasm when I was busy trying to keep my balance and not walk off the damn tube. Luckily, it missed, but boy was I pissed.

Top Bottom