• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Red Steel 2 trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGhnEafXKfc

Looks pretty awesome. I liked how they really emphasized how the motion+ directly translated to on screen movements (like when the guy was moving the controller in a sort of infinity symbol type of shape and the character was as well). The cell shading also looks really nice and I prefer it to the attempted stylistic realism of the first game. I'm wondering if the revolver really is the only firearm though...

Akai

If the game is even half as good as it feels in that trailer then combat should be very satisfying...Hopefully Ubisoft pulls through with it...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Classy as fuck, but I'm betting that Ubisoft drops the ball again with the actual game.

red-steel-2.jpg

Yes, I'm sure I will be excited by the early trailers this time because clearly Ubisoft has shown they are a better company than they were in 2006.

kaskade

Good thing they stylized it, it made the game look way better than if they tried to go for a real world look.

Akai

Threi said:
by the way how was the guy able to slide backwards like that?

He was pushed back by the force of the baddie's blade...Yeah it's unrealistic, but then again, so is going around fighting everyone with swords in a post-modern environment...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
"unmatched precision control of your weapons"?

I don't think this is realtime...it looks too good.

Penguin

That actually got me excited for the game, if the game actually follows up on the potential of the trailer.

Funny that it said Destination Playstation Trailer

BigBoss

VegaShinra said:
Is that in-game? If so, then damn that is slick.

Its CG, I don't think this was supposed to be viewed by the general public, it mentions at the end of the trailer "for internal use only". Most likely its a concept/target trailer so the dev team has something to shoot for.

Threi

notag
Akai said:
He was pushed back by the force of the baddie's blade...Yeah it's unrealistic, but then again, so is going around fighting everyone with swords in a post-modern environment...
I was talking about the player.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Told you guys it would take a bit of time before the "Nintendo quality games" Guillemot mentioned would show up. You don't adjust your corporate strategy in a month.

Haunted

Anyone thinking that was in-game must've forgotten that Wii isn't as powerful as the HD consoles.

Threi said:
I was talking about the player.
He was pushed back so hard the force translated to the player holding the Wiimote. I hear it happens a lot with M+.

Top Bottom