• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshots for Capcom's Breath of Fire 6 [Up: Full Details In OP]

Atomsky

Banned
Or react like this:

EddvMkp.jpg

Buzzati

Banned
I know it's a shitty mobile game, but is BoF's mainstay lead designer, Makoto Ikehara, involved with this? Can't seem to find out on my own.

I know it's a shitty mobile game, but is BoF's mainstay lead designer, Makoto Ikehara, involved with this? Can't seem to find out on my own.

Nope he went on to make a failed IOS game apparently

Blade Fantasia was it?

DOn't know the whole story behind the game

Midou

I can just pretend like the CEOs of Capcom and Square Enix are doing shit like this as a cruel joke just to laugh at everyone.

Can't wait for Capcom to go under.

Oh come on. I'm as disappointed as any BoF fan, but I'm not wishing for the company to die over this. DD Dark Arisen was one of my games of the year and MH4 is coming out next year. And Street Fighter is still good, just got a new Ace Attorney game, etc.

PsionBolt

It should be an absolute law on GAF to indicate in the title right away when games are for goddamn cell phones and not real systems.

I was very happy to learn that a Breath of Fire 6 existed.
And now I am very sad to learn that it's not worth a single minute of my attention.
Capcom. Please. Stop.

Oh, wait, PC too? Ehhh... Now my disinterest is gone, but my sadness is even stronger. Now a real opportunity is being wasted.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
...The hell is this crap? Seriously, why using BoF name? this thing is not BoF. why using that name just to piss BOF fans or something? BoF name mean nothing to casual mobile gamers and hardcore fans will most likely not touch this thing so go and call it anything else.

what is wrong with this awful company?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Oh, wait, PC too? Ehhh... Now my disinterest is gone, but my sadness is even stronger. Now a real opportunity is being wasted.

It's not coming for PC, only mobile phones. Not sure where you got that impression.

KtSlime

It's not coming for PC, only mobile phones. Not sure where you got that impression.

対応プラットフォーム:
スマートフォン/タブレット/パソコン

Compatible platforms: smartphone/tablet/PC

I'm on a personal boycott with capcom. I refuse to buy any of their games since they are killing Mega Man, the BoF series is just a giant insult to injury. Capcom, you shant see another dime from me, save for the Mega Man titles that get released on Nintendo's eshop.

Negator

I'm on a personal boycott with capcom. I refuse to buy any of their games since they are killing Mega Man, the BoF series is just a giant insult to injury. Capcom, you shant see another dime from me, save for the Mega Man titles that get released on Nintendo's eshop.

Your resolve is weak. Don't give them anything. Would have bought Ducktales, Megaman X on Wii U, and Ace Attourney 5 (given a physical release) but I'm not giving them another dollar ever again.

I was thinking about giving Monster Hunter on WIi U a chance, but Capcom can go die in a fire.

Your resolve is weak. Don't give them anything. Would have bought Ducktales, Megaman X on Wii U, and Ace Attourney 5 (given a physical release) but I'm not giving them another dollar ever again.

I was thinking about giving Monster Hunter on WIi U a chance, but Capcom can go die in a fire.

I can totally understand that, it just feels like the only hope I have is to show support in hopes they'll do something with the franchise. I just don't know though anymore, why does it have to be this way? Baaaahhhhh fudge you's Capscoms.

duckroll

I think most people are forgetting this is also coming to PC on purpose just to hate on mobile gaming and Capcom.

No, I think this is an extremely unfair statement and a poor defense. I know that you tend to be very passionate about defending mobile offerings even when their quality is sometimes extremely suspect, but let's not try and spin anything here. This is a game which will be released for smartphones, tablets, and BROWSERS. Yes, you can play the game on a PC, but that's just a platform. Reasonable people don't hate on something just because of a platform. Are there silly people who do? Sure. But the fact is that this is a touch based game designed and marketed towards people who already play mobile and browser games. There is no question at all that this is targeted at that market.

Dark_castle

I think most people are forgetting this is also coming to PC on purpose just to hate on mobile gaming and Capcom.

It does come to PC, but not in the conventional sense, like coming to Steam or retail.

It's coming in the form of web browser format.

vareon

This is on PC because it's essentially a browser game. It can run on XB1/PS4/Wii U/Vita/your fridge if it has a capable browser for all we care, it doesn't change the fact that this game is designed as a browser game, and a pretty bland one at that.

MJ.gif

No need to reiterate what has already been said. As soon as we saw that teaser months ago I completely lost all faith in Capcon. It is depressing to read about the game after being in the midst of my BoF replays. An end of an era for sure.

Has there been any recent Japanese criticism regarding this? Do most of the Japanese gamers who grew up during the 16/32bit era not feel outraged as we do?

Alight Gaf, after this game tanks lets purchase the IP from Capcon.

MJ.gif

No need to reiterate what has already been said. As soon as we saw that teaser months ago I completely lost all faith in Capcon. It is depressing to read about the game after being in the midst of my BoF replays. An end of an era for sure.

Has there been any recent Japanese criticism regarding this? Do most of the Japanese gamers who grew up during the 16/32bit era not feel outraged as we do?

Their reaction at the first reveal months ago was largely the same as ours.

MJ.gif

End of an era indeed

We get thrown a few bones here and there along with a slew of games that pay tribute to the genre in the indie scene....

But yeah it looks like we will never see a flood of amazingly produced JRPGs in the same way we did during the 16-32bit era

Top Bottom