• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Screenshots of Jill and Shuma-Gorath in Marvel vs Capcom 3!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
John Harker said:
JILL IS A BRUNETTE

Not in Biohazard 5. Which sucked. Also no S.T.A.R.S. outfit Jill in Marvel 3. Sucks.

Hype diminishing the more I find out about this game. Sucks. :/

Playing MvC2 today and that had me and my bud cracking up endlessly.

Probably taken from Biohazard 3 where it was just as out-of-place then as it was in Marvel.

Kusagari

Dude I'm like freaking out for real. Shuma looks so fucking insane in those pics. WE NEED VIDEOS NOW! I want to see that sexy tentacle thing in motion!

Not a big RE guy, but I would have loved to have seen Sheva instead. I always liked her character design and I'd especially take it over the incredible genericness that is RE5 Jill (earlier Jill would also have been acceptable).

fernoca

I'm back, bitches!!

mhrg2v.jpg

careksims

TheSeks said:
Not in Biohazard 5. Which sucked. Also no S.T.A.R.S. outfit Jill in Marvel 3. Sucks.

Hype diminishing the more I find out about this game. Sucks. :/

Probably taken from Biohazard 3 where it was just as out-of-place then as it was in Marvel.

Dammit! At least give her the BSAA outfit and brown hair!!! Also no one really cares about Sheva. Most people remember her as the dumb A.I.

LiK

careksims said:
Dammit! At least give her the BSAA outfit and brown hair!!! Also no one really cares about Sheva. Most people remember her as the dumb A.I.
Quiet you. Sheva <3

El Sloth

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Alright, screenshots fixed to appease the whiners.
Settle it in MvC3, yo. And stream it.

Then have a rematch on the day the DLC drops with with Shuma on Beard's team and Jill on yours.

fernoca

TheSeks said:
Wow, is that the movie Jill? WTF has happened between 2 and 4?
Will (apparently) be revealed in the fifth movie. That scene is from end, a few secs after the credits of Afterlife

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
1. You know the real reason Jill got a total redesign is that Frank West's specials were based off her, and Frank was originally gonna be in the game - so Jill had to be changed due to the no clones rule. (Yes, Akuma LOLLOL I know)

2. Ha at the people saying Shuma proves Capcom was bullshit talking about Darkstalkers, etc. They never said they were incapable of animating Demetri or Jedah. They said that some Darkstalkers required way too many custom models on behalf of /their victims/ during certain special moves. PS360 am weak hardware fail with only 512 megs of ram.

If MVC4 is made on superior hardware with gigs of ram, then you'll see your wild and crazy Capcom characters who have a dozen toon morphs and transformations with ten sidekick characters apiece.

Yet it'll still be 3D and even if the cel shading is so amazing it looks like a literal watercolor painting in motion, TTOB will say it's shit ;)

entremet

It was obvious that it was going to be ugly RE5 Jill since they had the model already made in the same engine.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Epcott said:
I miss Akiman's old Capcom Vs artwork
:(
Wasn't Akiman. It was Bengus/CRMK.

Holy shit, I just wiki'd Akiman's work to see what he's been up to, he did the character designs for Brave Story: New Traveler! No wonder that game's characters were so fantasic. Meladee <3

Kronotech

Love it. Jill looks so sexy. RE5 Jill is the only way to go. Pre-RE5 Jill would just be Chris v2. RE5 Jill could be a good mix between Chris and Wesker... a Chresker. Man is she sexy.

El Sloth

Banned
Kaijima said:
Yet it'll still be 3D and even if the cel shading is so amazing it looks like a literal watercolor painting in motion, TTOB will say it's shit ;)
If I ever find myself stuck in a continuous time-warp, TTOB will be my constant.

coldvein

Banned
i haven't played the most recent RE's, but...that's supposed to be...Jill...Valentine? huh. boring.
blink182wtf.gif
that said, how does this game look so badass? wtf ARE those graphics? some new shit i don't know about?

LiK

Shig said:
Wasn't Akiman. It was Bengus/CRMK.

Holy shit, I just wiki'd Akiman's work to see what he's been up to, he did the character designs for Brave Story: New Traveler! No wonder that game's characters were so fantasic. Meladee <3
I got the 2011 Capcom Girls calendar and his Chun Li in bikini is GORGEOUS. I still love Akiman's art.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
coldvein said:
that said, how does this game look so badass? wtf ARE those graphics? some new shit i don't know about?
Cel-shading looks really fucking great this gen is what happened.

It's too bad it became such an overdone fad last gen before the hardware could generally do it justice, and got such a bad stigma attached to it. If devs had shown a little more restraint, we'd be living like kings this gen.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I'm sorry, that's supposed to be Jill from Resident Evil? And am I understanding correctly that this is how she appeared in RE5? Looks like I will absolutely never regret quitting RE5 a few chapters in

Also, too many RE characters in this game now

Top Bottom