• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Screenshots of Jill and Shuma-Gorath in Marvel vs Capcom 3!

Neiteio

Can someone explain Dorm to me? I see him making big black balls (lol so sexual) and energy columns and firing beams of fire across the screen, but I just don't "get" how one is supposed to play him...?

"Can someone explain Dorm to me? I see him making big black balls (lol so sexual) and energy columns and firing beams of fire across the screen, but I just don't "get" how one is supposed to play him...?"

I guess you just throw as much of that shit out on the screen as possible and get people to walk into it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
shuma looks awesome. has he even been in any marvel comics lately? curious that they would allow him to be in but not juggernaut or some of the other characters that capcom requested

lol you can count all his appearances on two hands. Marvel doesnt like using him cause he is so fucking powerful its hard for even people like Doc Strange to realistically fight him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Caj814 said:
Remember how they were stressing the importance of having characters that didn't play to similarly to one another?

. . .

Yeah it's bullshit since Akuma made it in, but pre-RE5 Jill was a casualty
Yeah Akuma counts for a "wasted slot" as I say. But Frank never played like Jill, perhaps the similarity of the summoning zombies move alone was enough for them to make that decision.

LeMaximilian, you have the game?

Whoever gets the game early needs to make Taskmaster footage ASAP. Been getting increasingly excited about the dude. Though, isn't the Fight Club tomorrow with the final build? Hopefully that's streamed.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Teknopathetic said:
"Can someone explain Dorm to me? I see him making big black balls (lol so sexual) and energy columns and firing beams of fire across the screen, but I just don't "get" how one is supposed to play him...?"

I guess you just throw as much of that shit out on the screen as possible and get people to walk into it.

That and teleporting. You can play keep away with an assist like dante (jam) or doom (molec shield), and just spam Power of the Creator/Destructor moves along with Dark Hold Purification. Don't forget about the Fire Carpet special (DF+C) which is brutal hax.

Once you have an opponent thinking you're trying to stay full screen away, start teleporting directly behind their head for a 75% air combo into OTG Purification - Chaotic Flame. Dude has crazy defense and damage.

If any of the above makes sense, then thumbs up bro. You're gonna love Dormammu, I mean 'Goonies'.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
enzo_gt said:
Whoever gets the game early needs to make Taskmaster footage ASAP. Been getting increasingly excited about the dude. Though, isn't the Fight Club tomorrow with the final build? Hopefully that's streamed.

I'll do my best. And I've had quite a bit of time with the game.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Neiteio said:
Can someone explain Dorm to me? I see him making big black balls (lol so sexual) and energy columns and firing beams of fire across the screen, but I just don't "get" how one is supposed to play him...?

WHAT FOOTAGE HAVE I MISSED? where is the best leaked footage of this game currently.

WHo in this thread has this game already? If I was back home(maryland) I woulda probably had this shit already.

Neiteio said:

Well, he has so many interesting moves that you can play him a lot of ways. Most people will probably fly/teleport around and zone people out with Dark Hole and Purification to clear space.

He can charge up a special move called Liberation in a few different ways. He can build it to create fireballs, full-screen explosions, meteor showers or even glue people to the ground. So you can zone people out to build Liberation up for cool setups. On top of that, he has a few weird normals that cause wallbounce or put fire on the ground so he has cool offensive options as well. Ground fire punishes tri-dash attempts, for instance.

Other than that, he's got a beam hyper for easy DHCs, a dhalsim-like homing fireball and an unblockable level 3 that grabs anyone on the ground.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MThanded said:
WHAT FOOTAGE HAVE I MISSED? where is the best leaked footage of this game currently.

WHo in this thread has this game already? If I was back home(maryland) I woulda probably had this shit already.
http://www.justin.tv/toptiergaming/b/278659440 If you missed the 1 and a half hour retail game stream.

So I'm taking that as a yes that you have the final game LeMaximilian? You lucky son of a gun. If you do get footage, you get an acclaimed spot on my Awesome GAFfers list.

RE:Dormammu: Everytime I see him being played, I keep thinking of all the amazing possible strategies, but I've yet to see anyone employ them, or long story short see a "pro" player play a very good Dormammu. Anyone got a link to good footage of such?

Neiteio

God's Beard said:
Well, he has so many interesting moves that you can play him a lot of ways. Most people will probably fly/teleport around and zone people out with Dark Hole and Purification to clear space.

He can charge up a special move called Liberation in a few different ways. He can build it to create fireballs, full-screen explosions, meteor showers or even glue people to the ground. So you can zone people out to build Liberation up for cool setups. On top of that, he has a few weird normals that cause wallbounce or put fire on the ground so he has cool offensive options as well. Ground fire punishes tri-dash attempts, for instance.

Other than that, he's got a beam hyper for easy DHCs, a dhalsim-like homing fireball and an unblockable level 3 that grabs anyone on the ground.
And and and SOLD.

Hopefully his moves aren't too hard to pull off.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
enzo_gt said:
http://www.justin.tv/toptiergaming/b/278659440 If you missed the 1 and a half hour retail game stream.

So I'm taking that as a yes that you have the final game LeMaximilian? You lucky son of a gun. If you do get footage, you get an acclaimed spot on my Awesome GAFfers list.

RE:Dormammu: Everytime I see him being played, I keep thinking of all the amazing possible strategies, but I've yet to see anyone employ them, or long story short see a "pro" player play a very good Dormammu. Anyone got a link to good footage of such?
I think capcom got that shit on combo breaker status. Vid is gone I think.

Kusagari

HK-47 said:
lol you can count all his appearances on two hands. Marvel doesnt like using him cause he is so fucking powerful its hard for even people like Doc Strange to realistically fight him.

I was amazed when I found out how ridiculously overpowered Shuma is even by Marvel standards. Dr. Strange had to become Shuma in order to defeat him :lol.

Skilletor

enzo_gt said:

Dormammu strikes me as the type of character that will take time to be effective with. Most people seem to be doing what's easy right now so they can play as much as possible.

Concept17

vd8li.jpg

Poor spidey.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Skilletor said:
Dormammu strikes me as the type of character that will take time to be effective with. Most people seem to be doing what's easy right now so they can play as much as possible.
Yeah I'm not knocking anyone for playing a crap x character because its all learning and experimentation in between a few press events, but with ridiculous Dante combos with XFCs and whatnot out there, was just wondering if some decent Dormammu footage existed.

And on that I played some Tron MvC2 today and now want her on my team, ugh. My mind and interests change by the day.

Need to get rid of some duplicate images in OP, but Shuma Gorath looks nice with all that texture. I wonder if he still has unblockable setup with eyeballs.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kusagari said:
I was amazed when I found out how ridiculously overpowered Shuma is even by Marvel standards. Dr. Strange had to become Shuma in order to defeat him :lol.

And then he had to commit suicide, and Shuma just reformed afterwards like it was a small inconvience, like being stuck in a line at the DMV.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
enzo_gt said:
Whoa, that assist reminds me of Captain Commando's from MvC2, just a bit slower. He also looks like he can control space pretty freaking well.

Interested.

More like quite a bit slower. Dante has a closer assist with Jam Session.

Grayman

Can I ask an incredibly dumb and odd MVC3 question? What are the full PS3/360 controls?

I built my own stick for PC SF4 so I only have six buttons on it right now. I have two more in the house so I can either cover L2/R2 or Start/Select(also gives me home button). HDR and i think MVC2 require the start button to get past press start.

So are L2/R2 something unimportant like pressing two attacks like once or something really important like tagging?

Ashkeloth

Light, Medium, Heavy, Special, Assist 1, and Assist 2 are the buttons

xNJtX.png

vjeLw.png

Above are the two most common button layouts (shamelessly stolen from the Something Awful Games topic for this game)

As you can see, you basically need all 6 buttons to perform all of the functions of the game.

Here's a picture of a pad layout:

15_mvc3controls.jpg

Hopefully this helped.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
STARS Jill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RE5 ass

jill-mvc2small.jpg

4eva
This this this this this this this this this this fucking this omg.

Whatever, I'll take what I can get, so long as she says the most important line of all:

I'M A MEMBER OF S.T.A.R.S.!
jillmvc2_2.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Will you guys play this with a fightstick or pad?

Grayman

Ashkeloth said:
Light, Medium, Heavy, Special, Assist 1, and Assist 2 are the buttons

http://i.imgur.com/xNJtX.png[/IMG]

http://i.imgur.com/vjeLw.png[/IMG]

Above are the two most common button layouts (shamelessly stolen from the Something Awful Games topic for this game)

As you can see, you basically need all 6 buttons to perform all of the functions of the game.

Here's a picture of a pad layout:

http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/06/15_mvc3controls.jpg[/IMG]

Hopefully this helped.
Thanks that shows perfectly. I had seen the last picture before but did not remember it showing a controller when I later realized I had this "problem". I looked around a few weeks ago and couldn't find a definite answer if the game was only six button.

Xevren

I'm wondering if you can still dash by pushing a couple attack buttons like in MvC 2 with 2 punch buttons. On top of that, curious if I can map said 2 attacks to one button so I can lazy dash.

kenta

Has no PEINS
CaptainMintMan said:
There's only 2 minus Jill. That's too many? Wow.
Man you're right, and there's only ONE minus the other two! And there's ZERO minus all three! Yep, they should put more Resident Evil characters in this ensemble roster, you're absolutely right, it's just not fair

Dreavus

God's Beard said:

Fuck yes.

Mr_Zombie

I AM JOHN! said:
Whatever, I'll take what I can get, so long as she says the most important line of all:

I'M A MEMBER OF S.T.A.R.S.!

But she's no longer member of S.T.A.R.S.
S.T.A.R.S. are no more. Now it's B.S.S.A time!

Monocle

Yum. I can't wait to play as Nina Williams and Cthulhu. (Seriously.) Footage would be nice.

By the way, is any online store selling MvC3 under MSRP? If not, I might force myself to wait for a sale.

Blah. They're really whoring out RE5 in this game. =\

Why cant you whore out RE4, Capcom, why! Leon's not even in Resident Evil Mercenaries and theres RE4 stages in it! Just acknowledge Leon exists at least... ;_;

LowParry

voodoopanda said:
Claire Redfield will always be the best.

Or just put in Alice from the RE movies, for biggest uproar potential.

Oh my, how the tears would flow with that kind of decision. lol

Yeah I gotta agree all the RE5 characters is kinda silly. Why not do something fucking ridiculous and throw in HUNK.

Hell I woulda taken HUNK over RE5 Jill.

Rush2thestart said:
Blah. They're really whoring out RE5 in this game. =\
I think it's because RE5 is made in the MT Framework. Seems like it would be easy to just take the model and animation from there and plug it in. (keyword is SEEMS)

fernoca

akilshohen said:
I think it's because RE5 is made in the MT Framework. Seems like it would be easy to just take the model and animation from there and plug it in. (keyword is SEEMS)
It is one of their biggest franchises at the moment (on a worldwide level); with the games and movies. Plus is only 3 characters, there are also 3 X-Men characters; X-Men characters weren't also in prior MT Framework games (aside that it doesn't work like that).

But games like this usually rely on having a stronger presence of "bigger/more well known franchises" and leave the rest of the slots for smaller/nostalgia inducing/obscure characters; after all is a business

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
fernoca said:
It is one of their biggest franchises at the moment (on a worldwide level); with the games and movies. Plus is only 3 characters, there are also 3 X-Men characters; X-Men characters weren't also in prior MT Framework games (aside that it doesn't work like that).

But games like this usually rely on having a stronger presence of "bigger/more well known franchises" and leave the rest of the slots for smaller/nostalgia inducing/obscure characters; after all is a business

6 X-men

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I would prefer the STARS Jill but I think she looks great the way she is as well. It does border a bit on the generic side, but it's in no way awful.

Top Bottom