• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(First?) Shots of Sonic Unleashed

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Those screens look nice.

But I ain't convinced, and I ain't hopeful.

If it's announced for release this year, than that's a clear cut indication that the game will blow chunks.

See, the next question would be "why?"

Faking a new Nintendo system announcement, maybe worthwhile for the publicity and lulz, but faking a new Sonic game? The juice isn't worth the squeeze, I'd think.

I agree. I was just saying that there have been video game hoaxes far more elaborate than this one would be.

stilgar

Segata Sanshiro said:

Faking a new Nintendo system announcement, maybe worthwhile for the publicity and lulz, but faking a new Sonic game? The juice isn't worth the squeeze, I'd think.

Maybe just to demonstrate how fan he is and where he wants the licence to go. Remember that Psycho3ler, the guy of Nintendo ON, made Zelda and F-zero fakes too.

segasonic

Kintaro said:
It looks nice...
and it will play like this

ugly14nk.jpg

bigmakstudios said:
I agree. I was just saying that there have been video game hoaxes far more elaborate than this one would be.
Remember the NiGHTS Into Dreams 2 trailer that came out, like, two years ago?

I do. :(

Segata Sanshiro said:

Agree. I mean if this was a hoax you'd think they'd do something surprising with it too right? Like have Sonic and Robonik look the way they did in Sonic 1 and have throwback stages but this game looks basically like what Sonic games have been looking like since the Dreamcast era. Going with more realistic areas.

I AM JOHN! said:
Remember the NiGHTS Into Dreams 2 trailer that came out, like, two years ago?

I do. :(
Ehn, I'm not unhappy with how the whole NiGHTS thing turned out, between the good sequel and the superb remake.

If nothing had ever happened though, that fake trailer would still be stinging fierce.

Guy Legend

Very promising screen shots. No shitty friends anywhere, so far so good indeed.

And they better call him Robotnik, not fucking Eggman.

Interest in this game -1

Nah, I don't think it's possible for me to have less interest in another Sonic next gen game after the utter crappiness of Sonic the Hedgehog. By the way the houses in the caps kind of remind me of Ibiza's typical houses.

kbear

Graphically, it looks amazing. I'm really surprised... true next-gen Sonic. I had no hopes clicking this thread.

Visualante said:
I'm not having more fun dodging boxes that slow me down. The jump button better not slow you down like in that awful Wii game.

It's probably a new quick dodge mechanic using the bumpers.

The actual stage looks beautiful. If you can jump on rooftops, I'll be happy.

SUL1.jpg

Notice the second path across the top of the buildings? Close.

btkadams

to be honest, all they have to do is make a game exactly like sonic heroes, except fix all the glitches like where u fall out of the level, and fix the camera. sonic on 360/ps3 had some decent fast levels, but the slow ones were really really lame. sonic heroes was the closest to a good 3d sonic game ive ever played and its a shame sega missed the mark on so many little issues that other devs dont seem to have a problem with.

Ganondorfo

I don't get it, we get every year another crap sonic platform game, yet we'll have to wait always 4 years for another amazing mario platform game.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
pls don't suck this time. i must be one of the very few gafers who actually likes 3d sonic games...when they're not being completely awful.

Ganondorfo said:
I don't get it, we get every year another crap sonic platform game, yet we'll have to wait always 4 years for another amazing mario platform game.
You really don't get it? You don't see a ... correlation here, at all?

Top Bottom