• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Spider-Man Remaster Gameplay on PS5

1080p/60fps is alot less expensive than 4k/30fps.
And?

Maybe you're not good at math but you said 1440p 60fps is 89% of the pixel output of 4k30fps. If it was 100% of the pixel output of 4k 30fps, there'd be no problem as 4k 30fps already has ray tracing.

Being 89% of the 4k pixels means even ray tracing quality or other effects could be boosted.

Umbral

Not just motion either, overall it can give the impression of higher resolution because of it
But that's only under the same Resolution.
Actual Higher Resolution will always look better though and as long as the framerate is stable and locked will look fantastic imo
Yes, I notice this immediately. It looks and feels better to play.

A good way to see it is Hitman 1 or 2. Lock the framerate and walk around for a bit, then unlock it and see the difference. On PS5 it’ll be even better since it’ll lock at 60fps, where the Pro jumps up and down. God of War 2018 is a similar example.

unknown.png

The hair is in cutscene not gameplay.
Sorry you aren't allow to be impressed.

Be honest with us.

You zoomed in to check out Spider Butt right?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
unknown.png

The hair is in cutscene not gameplay.
Sorry you aren't allow to be impressed.

What does that even mean? You expected hair to pierce through the suit? We saw the same body hair in the Horizon Forbidden West trailer and many said it was just CGI, and those screenshots prove otherwise. Don’t be impressed, it’s your choice.

VulcanRaven

He looks a thousand times better than the PS4 Peter, you must be in need of glasses dude.
He might look better but that is not the point. Its just stupid to change the actor after the release. Imagine if Joel had looked like a completely different person in The Last of Us Remastered. I don't think people would have liked that.

Last edited:

truth411

And?

Maybe you're not good at math but you said 1440p 60fps is 89% of the pixel output of 4k30fps. If it was 100% of the pixel output of 4k 30fps, there'd be no problem as 4k 30fps already has ray tracing.

Being 89% of the 4k pixels means even ray tracing quality or other effects could be boosted.
Let me rephrase, it can be done. GT7 is 4k/60fps with Ray Tracing. But the quality of the Ray tracing takes a hit, nothing is free. To do it the R.T is basically checkerboard 1080p and thats a racing title not say an open world game.

At the end of the day, I dont think either console has the Ray tracing capabilities of a Nvidia 2080 which was the original point. Yes consoles can technically do a 1440p/60fps game with "Ray Tracing" I just don't think it will be that good since at 60fps you cut your time to render a frame in half.
1080p (In comparison to 1440p) 60fps gives more headroom for better R.T. effects. Thats all.

Lethal01

What does that even mean? You expected hair to pierce through the suit? We saw the same body hair in the Horizon Forbidden West trailer and many said it was just CGI, and those screenshots prove otherwise. Don’t be impressed, it’s your choice.

It was, A joke. Since someone gets upset whenever you show cutscenes as an example of impressive graphics.
Although I am now genuinely curious if he has it in the short gameplay segments where you go around as peter parker

The pic of Spiderman saying damn was just funny to me.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It was, A joke. Since someone gets upset whenever you show cutscenes as an example of impressive graphics.
Although I am now genuinely curious if he has it in the short gameplay segments where you go around as peter parker

The pic of Spiderman saying damn was just funny to me.

Ok sorry, didn't get the sarcasm. We'll know soon when we inspect the in-game model in photo mode.

Lethal01

Ok sorry, didn't get the sarcasm. We'll know soon when we inspect the in-game model in photo mode.

Like you said, photo mode would use the higher fidelity version.
Gotta do it the old fashioned way.

I really wish they would add in super expenseive raytraced effects when you switch over to photo mode.
Put raytraced AO and shadows in it.

MastaKiiLA

I would use fidelity mode to goof around but performance mode whenever moving the story forward.
The opposite for me. I only care about story the first time I play a game. So I want to see all the cutscenes in full glory. There are differences between fidelity and performance mode cutscenes.

Top Bottom