• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Gameplay

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, what's up with all the reactions? I am pleasently surprised over this! I mean, the graphics are shit but the gameplay looks REALLY THPS2.

"magnetized rails"? Did ya'll even play the older games? You could do some magical shit in those games. This looks better than that slow-mo bullshit that they released for PS3.
The hell is wrong with you guys?
This looks kinda fun.
I guess people were expecting SKATE or something? Holy shit, it's like some people don't even know what made THPS good games.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I wonder if there are any old blood from Neversoft (or now, InfinityWard) still at Activision who have seen this. I wonder how they feel.

amnesiac

Wait, what's up with all the reactions? I am pleasently surprised over this! I mean, the graphics are shit but the gameplay looks REALLY THPS2.

"magnetized rails"? Did ya'll even play the older games? You could do some magical shit in those games. This looks better than that slow-mo bullshit that they released for PS3.

I guess people were expecting SKATE or something? Holy shit, it's like some people don't even know what made THPS good games.

Did you play THPS HD?

CHC

This is comically bad looking. And the physics!?! What the hell is that.... I mean I know they have to respect the gameplay but the way EVERYTHING moves is just so utterly unconvincing.

Looks just as bad as I knew it would from those screenshots they released.

I was hoping for more but I'm not surprised Robomodo screwed up again, the THPS series really deserves a competent developer :/

KingJ2002

Wow... i want ro say it's the video quality but this looks really bad even if it were clearer.

That can't be Xbox One / PS4 gameplay.... it's cross gen right?

SiN92.gif

Looks like a mobile game.

Chipotle

I don't know how it's possible to make a sequel that looks so much worse than its predecessor. I don't mean the graphics either. Looks so dull.

Seik

Banned
Looks terrible, the graphics AND the physics. This is not funny, guys. Holy shit.

I'll stick to THPS2X.

Maximus.

Damn they are really going back, even with the graphics. This game should be blowing us away graphically, I mean it shouldn't be a burden from what I see in the video...

Salsa

BUT I DONT WANNA SEE IT NO ITS MORE THAN I ACCEPT

CAUSE I DON'T CAAAAARE WHEEERE THIS GAME BELONGS NO MOOOOOOORE

WHAT THE DEV SHARES OR NOT I WILL IGNOOOOOORE

I WILL IGNORE

Alienous

The fact that Tony Hawk keeps high spirits through the corporate bullshit is almost inspiring.

These dudes have the rights to license products in his name and he has to pester them to make things. And, in this case, it looks like Activision could not give a shit. And there is an actual audience.

This situation sucks. He should contact EA and maybe he can get his son as the lead star of a decent skateboarding game.

Physics are waaaaay too snappy and grinds lock on to the rails from like three feet into the air

It doesn't look like THPS2, it looks like the Gameloft knock off

jediyoshi

God no. Skate was a completely different style of game, and one which I did not care for.

Yet enough for people to have warranted 3 games in quick succession and future reprints from EA. Tony Hawk just imbues "skate video game" to people at this point, just read the responses here which are already distanced from the fact that the gameplay itself looks similar to the old games being something inherently unappealing.

Graphically this is really rough, but if it plays true to its roots and it plays well, that's really all that's important to me. Who knows, maybe this is a $14.99 download.

Top Bottom