• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Gameplay

Ridley327

Surely it's at least 60 frames, right? RIGHT?!

Keighley and Hawk said as much in the video.

It definitely doesn't look nearly as immediately awful as the physics were for THPS HD, but it still needs some work. Rail snapping is way too fast right now.

The graphics are, well... yeah.

SoulUnison

Banned
This is the first time I've ever thought "Looks like a PS2 game" was accurate.

Looks like one of those rare Progressive Scan or 1080i PS2 games.

Harmen

Hahaha, wow. I am actually laughing here. How come a modern game of a well known franchise looks like this?! (and looks worse than previous entries?!).

Usually I think gaf is complaining too much, but this truly looks the part of all posts in this thread. Man, I am not sure if this is more hilarous or sad. Probably both equally.

Rupe

Neo Member
I hate when people do this, but I looked at the youtube stream when this footage was being shown and I legitimately thought it was one of their older games... just, what is happening with this game?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How many times can they bring back fucking Warehouse

Like that's really what you're going with as the first stage you show off?

This looks ridiculously hilariously bad. I am actually shocked at how bad it looks.

Some people talk about "last gen graphics" and it's almost always an exaggeration... in this case? This would be unimpressive as a PS3/360 game.

If they are intending to sell this for a budget price it's sort of understandable, but if they are palming this off for full price it is absolutely unacceptable.

Salsa

no more

video games

from them

as you

rush inside your room

it's official

you've gone

you can make no games for no one else

man the guilt must be huge

Arkam

ARE YOU GOING WITH ME, CAUSE IM GOING WITH YOU, THIS SHIT JUST KILLED THE FRAAAANCHIIIIIISE

If that Down Hill Jam didnt kill teh Franchise nothing short of an Orbital Nuke will.

But yea this looks like ass. Especially when compared to the HD remake released not too long ago.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Somehow it looks even worse than in my wildest dreams.

Ridley327

If that Down Hill Jam didnt kill teh Franchise nothing short of an Orbital Nuke will.

But yea this looks like ass. Especially when compared to the HD remake released not too long ago.

With a series that's seen the Ride installments and fucking HD, and you go with Downhill Jam as the franchise killer?

TI82

Banned
To be fair Project 8 didn't look so good either

tony_hawks_project_8_27.jpg
tony_hawks_project_8_4.jpg
pic2.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Physics are waaaaay too snappy and grinds lock on to the rails from like three feet into the air

It doesn't look like THPS2, it looks like the Gameloft knock off
Yeah, THPS2 wasn't "snappy" nor did the grinds lock on to rails and whatnot. Not at all!

rmaZPsY.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, THPS2 wasn't "snappy" nor did the grinds lock on to rails and whatnot. Not at all!

rmaZPsY.gif

If you can't see the difference in distance between the snapping of that gif and the snapping on the rail in that video, I don't know what to tell you. It was like he buttstomp canceled a rail.

Salsa

see this crappy looking sunset

on your

color tv screen

this shit is all we're gonna get

If you know what I mean

waste dev time to the left of me

and more waste to the right

aint got no fun

aint got no life

don't you try to hype

First Transformers and now THPS5. Activision is on a roll with underwhelming reveals today. I almost want to believe the shitty ps2 quality graphics was done intentional to cash in on the retro idea of the game but they're not that clever.

Top Bottom