• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Viva Piñata shots and info! TOO CUTE!

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
More here: (also info for the dutchies)

http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/7842/

38049.jpg

38048.jpg

38047.jpg

38046.jpg

belgurdo

Banned
So, like, am I supposed to fall in line with the typical groupthink and say stuff like "shit sucks," "bad art," etc., or can I openly admit that I think the game looks neat?

Teasel

[sarcasm] too bad we will see this game on PS5 (PS4 if we are lucky) and it will be totaly different from those screenshot [/sarcasm]
look nice

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
SteveMeister said:
Beautiful. And the character design looks different -- new art director at Rare maybe?
Is it not based on a cartoon?
That is gonna be bigger than pokemon!

Rocked said:
What kind of game is it? A platformer? It reminds me of Billy Hatcher and his Giant Egg.

Looks almost Animal Crossingy, if you notice each Pinata has its own ship (see the duck one standing infront of a ship with a duck flag).

Wollan

Cool artstyle but personaly I think Kameo has better graphics than this. This doesn't look much better than Xbox to be perfectly honest.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
OK here's some info:

You are a gardner and you start out with basic tools and land. you can develop the land, build ponds, makeflowers, trees, grass, slopes, etc. and it will attracht 'pinata's'. There is 60 pinatas species all with their own prerequisites.

So you collect them, then you name them and customize them, but there is also bad pinatas. They will make trouble and you will have to fend them off, if you cant do this alone, you can get help from people in towns they also sell you goods, or you can go on xbox live and ask your friend to help you and you can landscape together or drive off the bad pinatas together.

Damn, is this CUTE or what? I love it.

EDIT: so the game is about collecting, interacting with the pinatas and harmony with the enviroments you create. it's a changing world.

Also the gardens are in a persistant world so you can leave your garden to roam someone elses, it seems.

Holiday 2006 worldwide launch.

Tiktaalik

Animal crossing? Trading? If you can't bust these cute little guys open and feast on the delicious candy inside I'm not buying!!!

hadareud

The Translator
Really cute and beautiful - Rare ftw!

I can't believe that there has not been any haters in this thread yet.

Tiktaalik

Kobold said:
if you cant do this alone, you can get help from people in towns they also sell you goods, or you can go on xbox live and ask your friend to help you and you can landscape together or drive off the bad pinatas together.

I can't wait to go to someones town and smash all their cute pinatas with a bat! :)

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
bloke said:
Cute.
'Bad art' tag Rare usually gets for their XB/360 games might stay at home this time around.

ironic that it's based on a cartoon series then isn't it...but I still think it looks pretty nasty

I predict bombage

Wow, this does NOT look like a Rare game, and that's a GOOD thing.

I can't believe I'm seeing something so original looking from Rare. I'm interested.

lancubap

MrSardonic said:
ironic that it's based on a cartoon then isn't it.

I predict bombage

Agree. It is beautiful, but we are not on a Nintendo's console. A game like Animal Crossing will NEVER sell good on others platforms.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
explodet said:
I can't wait to take a baseball bat to all those adorable motherf*****s.

You use a broom stick (ask any self respecting latino) get it right. Game looks interesting. Will this appeal to the core 360 audience though?

This makes 3 games on my interested in list

Oblivion
Dead Rising
Viva Pinata

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I just noticed that all the Piñatas have tags on them (like beanie babies) you can see it in the ducks/crocodile shot.

merchandise tie-ins ftw.

great rape time alligator, but other than that.. looks and sounds as non-interesting as animal crossing. any word/rumors on what else rare is up to at the moment?

aoi tsuki

Nice "pinata shading", but the overall look is inconsistent. The characters and grass look like they were copied out of another game.

arne

MrSardonic said:
ironic that it's based on a cartoon series then isn't it...but I still think it looks pretty nasty

I predict bombage

More news will be coming out via official channels later, so I'll let them have their time in the spotlight.

However, the one thing I've noticed is that this notion is incorrect. Rare actually came up with this first and 4Kids then joined to do the series, I think they liked it enough to tackle it. There should be some info in that vein later when more news breaks... I hope.

7Th

Hyoushi said:
impirius wins! :D

Indeed. Awesomely close to the real thing.

Looks good and the concept may be fun, not so childlish though. Too bad "Mucha Lucha" is the perfect example most "multicultural" kid-focused products with huge ambitions end up disappointing their creators.

Top Bottom