• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Community Sports Fitness |OT| Pumpin' Iron and Spittin' Blood.

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
Got up at 4:45 am today to my son needing to eat. Fed him and then the cat.

After eating, my son had his morning BM but unfortunately they don't stay contained within his pull-ups these days so a BM means a change of clothes and often bedding too. After cleaning him up I gave him his morning meds and fed him again.

After all that I gulped down my cold coffee and ran 2 miles, did a couple pull-ups myself, hit the shower and then tidied up around the house until my wife got home from her shift. Now I am at work and settling in at 10 am.

This week of eating healthy and exercising has been great at relieveing a lot of pent up stress and I can see that lethargy and eating my emotions are a deadly combo. I'm channeling the spirit of Colonel John Matrix to remind myself that everything I do is for my family and protecting them is the only reason to live.

Morning GAF!

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: Tesseract
Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
Did some deadlifting yesterday and feel this immense burning sensation around my abdomen. It almost feels swollen. Don't recall it being this intense before when I used to work out.

That said, tfw your waist is getting visibly slimmer.
The first thing I thought of reading this was a hernia in your abdomen. Hopefully it isn't feeling swollen or burning anymore?

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
I don't feel it anymore. It did feel intense though. I did squats 2 days after without much hassle. Might've just been an issue of recovery.

I wasn't even aware you could get a hernia on the abdomen.
Yep, your intestines can pop right through your abdominal wall between the seams so to speak. I've never had it but have heard from others who have and it sounds terrible! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
Forecast predicts the temp will drop down to single digits tonight (or about -13C). Winter is freebie fat-burning.

I am going to get back into weights instead of just bodyweight exercises. I can feel my skin loosening and my muscles wasting away in my arms especially.
oh hell yeah, get it

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
so i'm taking a break from fasting business after doing it pretty rigorously for the last year

hunger pangs are way up since i'm back on 3 to 6 well portioned meals / day

the hunger is real

diet right now is basically chicken, eggs, brown rice, broccoli, potato bread toast with natural sugar strawberry jam, and absurd amounts of water

cheat meal is one tiny can of delicious coca cola at the end of the week (that shit is like a dream when you haven't had it in a while)

girl has the same diet as me except she chugs a few bottles of dark chocolate boost for dat thicc asset maintenance

also fuck hot yoga, i fucking hate it but i'm forced into it every thursday because i hate my life

Last edited:

God Enel

Mar 26, 2011
The biggest problem I have is fucking being consistent in my eating habits. Sometimes (often) I’m too lazy to cook my fucking meals and just go eat somewhere outside. So all the work I’m putting into exercising fucks me. Either I’m going extreme and eating basically next to nothing and there are times I’m eating like a fucking pig. I’m 180cm and ~80kg that’s okay imho. Though for being shredded I have to change all this meal shit. I’d love to eat clean for the rest of my life. But I love sweet ahit and need it from time to time. It’s bugging me ;-;

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
The biggest problem I have is fucking being consistent in my eating habits. Sometimes (often) I’m too lazy to cook my fucking meals and just go eat somewhere outside. So all the work I’m putting into exercising fucks me. Either I’m going extreme and eating basically next to nothing and there are times I’m eating like a fucking pig. I’m 180cm and ~80kg that’s okay imho. Though for being shredded I have to change all this meal shit. I’d love to eat clean for the rest of my life. But I love sweet ahit and need it from time to time. It’s bugging me ;-;
Your priorities are your priorities. If you care about enjoying life more than being shredded, and you’re still fit, there’s nothing to be frustrated with yourself about, yeah?

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
I feel you God. I'm an emotional eater and when I am not exercising I channel that energy into stuffing my face. Exercising actually works as an appetite suppressant for me in a major way so when I don't exercise my diet spirals out of control too.

What I would suggest is to not completely cut out the things that are bad in your diet but limit them instead. Calorie counting to learn the right balance for your diet while not packing on the fat might be good practice for a week or two.