• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
It's fine to, but try not to overdo it as you will need your rest days, really - especially when starting out. I know you want to add more things but fight that desire for a bit until you get the ball rolling.

Okay, will keep it easy for the first week ^_^

Entropia

No One Remembers
The Anytime Fitness gym near me finally opened up! Went and did some lifting last night, felt good to be back at the gym after like a 6 month absence.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Anytime Fitness gym near me finally opened up! Went and did some lifting last night, felt good to be back at the gym after like a 6 month absence.

TROPY'S HERE

Looking forward to seeing you post with regularity!

_Isaac

Sounds like intense yoga. Did you find Nirvana?

Only Nausea. I doubt it was intense yoga. I think I am just a weakling.

Yeah, man, that shit is no joke on the first time. I still remember being bribed one morning last summer to try Bikram yoga with a friend. Talk about the longest hour of my life. Was sore, couldn't do half the moves, and by the end not only was I taking more and more breaks, but it looked as though someone had poured gallons and gallons of water on top of me. I felt bad, but thankfully some guy who was clearly dragged by his GF was also there struggling just like me.
Bikram yoga? I don't even know what kind of yoga this was. The description said level 1-3. I'm sure I fall somewhere in that range.

Zoe

Only Nausea. I doubt it was intense yoga. I think I am just a weakling.

Bikram yoga? I don't even know what kind of yoga this was. The description said level 1-3. I'm sure I fall somewhere in that range.

Was it heated or unheated? Bikram is typically done in 100+ degree temperatures.

I refuse to do heated yoga.

Not to mention cutting is easy. It really just comes down to how long you want to cut for to get the body you want. But really even the worst bulks can be fixed in like 2 months. Trust me on this.

mj-laughing.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cutting is hell for some of us, I feel you Dark Faze.

agrajag

Banned
Did my first three sets ever of weighted dips! Only a 10lbs plate, but you gotta start somewhere.. managed to squeeze out six reps each set. I'm so excite!

whats so funny?

there isn't any aspect of clean bulking or healthy cutting that's guaranteed to be easy.

Especially given variance in genetic makeup--guys are going to be more prone to weight gain or weight loss, and that's before even talking about the social pressures regarding eating with given American culture.

It's easier for some than others, but dieting is easily the toughest part of this game.

nilbog21

Banned
Was it heated or unheated? Bikram is typically done in 100+ degree temperatures.

I refuse to do heated yoga.

LOL why would u do that??

ANyone got any videos of INTENSE YOGA sessions you can follow along through youtube? No pussy shit please, I wana feel like I can't move afterwards. Ive never done yoga D:

huxley00

So a few friends and I tried yoga for the first time about an hour ago. It was a lot more intense than I expected. I actually felt like throwing up. Sweat everywhere. I haven't felt like this from weightlifting in years. I just found it really tiring keeping my body in those positions for so long. God, it was awful.

Also I think I saw a gaffer there. In the gym, not the yoga class.

Did you feel better after? I know yoga is always tough for me during the class but afterwards, I feel so loose and relaxed, totally worth it. I think flexibility is one thing lifters really toss to the side.

despire

I can't wait to start bulking, I'm gonna dirty bulk all the way to the bank!

All I can say to you is that...don't do it. I dirty bulked, got only fat and I'm still trying to lean out. Set me back so much because I've had to spend all this time cutting/recomping.

There's a limit anyway for how much your body can synthesize muscle in a day. There's also an amount of calories which you need to reach this maximum potential. Everything else just spills over to fat.

I guess it's time again to post this:
http://www.t-nation.com/portal_includes/articles/2006/06-154-training.html

What I'm trying to say is you can't bully your body into building muscle by force-feeding it. Adding nutrients and calories will have a positive effect on muscle growth until you reach your saturation point. After that, any additional calories will be stored as body fat.

harSon

Banned
This. Just aim for .5-2 lbs/wk. Eat comfortably, eat healthy for the most part, and enjoy yourself. You can be strict with macros, but it's not too important unless you're planning to cut for a comp after your bulk.

Not to mention cutting is easy. It really just comes down to how long you want to cut for to get the body you want. But really even the worst bulks can be fixed in like 2 months. Trust me on this.

Ehh, everyone is different. I put on mass easily, but cutting is hell in comparison. Other people can cut easy, but have a difficult time bulking.

despire

Yeah when I bulk again I plan on pretty much eating the same foods I am now just more and more sweet potatos.

Same here. Just more rice and such.

Of course I might pig out a bit more on a bulk but nothing major. Though I definately discourage anyone from doing a "see food diet". It will fuck you up unless you have amazing genetics.

agrajag

Banned
All I can say to you is that...don't do it. I dirty bulked, got only fat and I'm still trying to lean out. Set me back so much because I've had to spend all this time cutting/recomping.

There's a limit anyway for how much your body can synthesize muscle in a day. There's also an amount of calories which you need to reach this maximum potential. Everything else just spills over to fat.

I guess it's time again to post this:
http://www.t-nation.com/portal_includes/articles/2006/06-154-training.html

I haven't been overweight since I was a chubby 11 year old kid. I used to drink sodas, eat all kinds of junk food all the time and was never fat, and that's before I stared lifting 3-4 days a week. I'm not really worried about putting on too much weight as putting on weight has always been a struggle for me. I also tend to drop weight fairly quickly once I stop eating above maintenance.

I look forward to dirty bulking mainly because I look forward to indulging in all the things I like to eat, but abstained from during the summer months, not because I think I'm going to get sqole from a huge calorie surplus.

So while I appreciate your concern and I think your advice is sound for the majority of people, I am not too worried about getting fat.

despire

You know yourself of course. Just saying that remember to be careful because it's so easy to get fat without really noticing it until it's too late. I'm now looking at my pics from last november with disgust. I can't fathom how I didn't notice it until then. I was pretty fucking lean in the spring a year ago and I fucked it all up with eating too much. I need to very careful after this cut.

SeanR1221

Same here. Just more rice and such.

Of course I might pig out a bit more on a bulk but nothing major. Though I definately discourage anyone from doing a "see food diet". It will fuck you up unless you have amazing genetics.

There's a brand of natural frozen sweet potato fries ill probably stock up on. Otherwise I feel like my potatoes go bad so quickly.

despire

I've been basically relying on "porridge rice" which is probably the starchiest of all white rice. Anyway the texture is nice and sticky so I like it. And it's cheaper than basmati or jasmine rice. It's also so easy and quick to just pop some in to the rice cooker and be done with it.

Baked potatoes are also godly, especially when smothered in butter, but I often rely on rice if my diet needs a lot of carbs that day. They are also super easy to make since I just need to wash the potatoes and pop them in to the oven.

Sweet potatoes on the other hand require most preparation and while they are good, they aren't as good as normal potatoes IMO. In Finland they are still a novelty item and I only tasted them for the first time a year ago or so. Maybe I need to learn how to make them better.

agrajag

Banned
You know yourself of course. Just saying that remember to be careful because it's so easy to get fat without really noticing it until it's too late. I'm now looking at my pics from last november with disgust. I can't fathom how I didn't notice it until then. I was pretty fucking lean in the spring a year ago and I fucked it all up with eating too much. I need to very careful after this cut.

Of course. My original post was kind of jokey, I believe in everything in moderation. I just think I'm going to increase my cheat days. Once I get to my target of about 175 lbs is when ill tone it back down to maintanance mode.

entremet

The problem most people make with cutting is:

They cut too fast. You should go maintenance for a few weeks then start cutting slowly. Ease into it.

Not enough protein. Protein satiates, plus it has a thermic effect.

SeanR1221

Ok here goes. Pre workout trial.

Lets see if it has any effect on someone with a huge caffeine tolerance.

The problem most people make with cutting is:

They cut too fast. You should go maintenance for a few weeks then start cutting slowly. Ease into it.

Not enough protein. Protein satiates, plus it has a thermic effect.

I can't lose sight of this. I have lost 5 pounds in 8 weeks which isn't bad at all. I just want it all and I want it now!

despire

A bigger mistake imo is skipping the two week maintenance at the end of the cut. Going straight from cut to bulk is a recipe for disaster.

My cut is going on pretty smoothly. Fat loss has leveled out a bit as to be expected, even on a PSMF. Still I've lost 3.9kg/8.6lbs in just over two weeks. In total I've lost 4.7kg/10.3lbs on this cut (3 weeks total).

The fat layer around my upper abs is starting to feel strange. Before it has always been pretty firm and solid whereas now it feels like there's little balls or marbles underneath the skin. It feels uneven. I'm not sure if this is what Lyle refers to as "squishy fat".

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm with darth on this, there's no amount of bulk fat I can't get rid of on a disciplined 2 month cut. It's why I never worried about fat gain on a bulk. It usually depended upon how much fat I could stand seeing in the mirror everyday which determined how long a bulk would last. HaHa

SeanR1221

Half way through my workout and this pre workout ain't doing shit. I had face tingles from the beta and that's it.

It's probably because I never feel sluggish and I can drink coffee at 11pm and still go to bed just fine.

Throwing the other sample packets away.

sphinx

the piano man
Half way through my workout and this pre workout ain't doing shit. I had face tingles from the beta and that's it.

It's probably because I never feel sluggish and I can drink coffee at 11pm and still go to bed just fine.

but what exactly were you expecting to happen? feel more energy? a boost?

Cudder

Cruise in November!

Me and the gf are also going on a cruise in November. Its our first legit vacation together. We went with a pretty cheap Carnival one, however. Excited regardless.

This is like me. Though I do sometimes notice increased focus and endurance. not sure if placebo or not. I have one tub of Jack3d and one tub of assault left, but I think I'm done with pwo after I finish those. Did you take it on an empty stomach BTW?

but what exactly were you expecting to happen? feel more energy? a boost?
I think the effects of these things are grossly exaggerated. I did kinda like Jack3d micro and Craze, however. Was going to try hyphy mud today but noticed we only has Coke Zero.

sphinx

the piano man
the only pre-workout I believe in is having a good 1 or 2 hour rest/sleep prior to heading to the gym.

by far the best results I've gotten.

SeanR1221

Me and the gf are also going on a cruise in November. Its our first legit vacation together. We went with a pretty cheap Carnival one, however. Excited regardless.

This is like me. Though I do sometimes notice increased focus and endurance. not sure if placebo or not. I have one tub of Jack3d and one tub of assault left, but I think I'm done with pwo after I finish those. Did you take it on an empty stomach BTW?

I think the effects of these things are grossly exaggerated. I did kinda like Jack3d micro and Craze, however. Was going to try hyphy mud today but noticed we only has Coke Zero.

Nah I had a white chocolate raspberry quest in my belly.

....ok and 2 quest peanutbutter cups.

Teggy

Is the $2.04 per bar shipped (with Prime) on Amazon a decent price for Quest bars these days? I don't feel like going to GNC.

blackflag

This. Just aim for .5-2 lbs/wk. Eat comfortably, eat healthy for the most part, and enjoy yourself. You can be strict with macros, but it's not too important unless you're planning to cut for a comp after your bulk.

I'm experiencing this now. It's amazing when you know how to do it. I had to pay a comp prep coach 300 dollars to learn it but it's the best 300 dollars I ever spent.

21 lbs down, 4 weeks, strength close to the same, no cardio...whut?

blackflag

Is the $2.04 per bar shipped (with Prime) on Amazon a decent price for Quest bars these days? I don't feel like going to GNC.

Yep

Keep an eye on getrippednutrition.com and sportsnutritiononline.com also. Very cheap. I've gotten them for 20 dollars a box on sale there recently and they are regularly priced pretty low.

blackflag

It's amazing. I love the raspberry seeds. Best flavor. Gotta mix it in with something less sweet on occasion too but it's GODTIER

Also, I had a chocolate brownie after not trying one for a couple years. Texture was very different. Actually edible without microwaving now. I think I'd only buy these ones in person after manhandling and feeling them to make sure I got the good ones.

sphinx

the piano man
has anyone noticed that this thread has some days left only?

20 pages more to go.(x50) and this thread moves at a pace of 1.5 pages per day so...

how are we going to celebrate?

pics? bulks? cuts? we go and break some PRs at the gym?

SeanR1221

on another note, Quest now has a Pasta:

pasta.jpg

it's 10 calories per serving. wat

Someone mentioned you can get the same thing on amazon way cheaper (its some
Type of Asian noodle I think)

has anyone noticed that this thread has some days left only?

20 pages more to go.(x50) and this thread moves at a pace of 1.5 pages per day so...

how are we going to celebrate?

Ass shots.

Are we nominating thread titles now?

|OT6| Thread of double-underhand deadlifts, leg extension curls, and synthol calf injections

Someone mentioned you can get the same thing on amazon way cheaper (its some
Type of Asian noodle I think)

Ass shots.

Shirataki noodles. I've had them, they're tasteless and are about as filling as you'd expect a zero-calorie noodle to be.

I second Sean's ass shot motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom