• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

That's a given. Right now after 2 weeks our Cooter Butter has produced an average bench increase of 4.25% on the mice.
Imma walk out of the first human trial like Norman Osborne when he first turns into the Green Goblin.

I just hope I don't look like Willem Dafoe :O

maxcriden

Lately I notice that on my recumbent bike my right leg and especially foot are sitting uncomfortably as I pedal and I can't seem to figure out the proper posture. The pedal should be just in the middle of my foot, not counting my toes, right? Should I have the foot strapped in? I have a strap but it's usually loose. Maybe I'm not stretching enough first? I love using the bike though so I want to fix this. Thanks in advance for any advice you all can provide.

Lately I notice that on my recumbent bike my right leg and especially foot are sitting uncomfortably as I pedal and I can't seem to figure out the proper posture. The pedal should be just in the middle of my foot, not counting my toes, right? Should I have the foot strapped in? I have a strap but it's usually loose. Maybe I'm not stretching enough first? I love using the bike though so I want to fix this. Thanks in advance for any advice you all can provide.

For most it's just under the ball of your foot, but to be honest, you can overanalyse. Just go with what feels comfortable initially.

SeanR1221

That's all well and good, man. I'm specifically calling you out on jumping to motherfucking body dysmorphia (you labeled it 'bigorexia') as reasons to tell him to cut.

That's what I'm getting at.

You trying to "save" him (your own words) from a fucking disorder.

Are you a doctor? A psychiatrist? Do you always just seek the problem to lie within mental faculties instead of perhaps lack of knowledge?

If you can't tell i'm a little bit miffed you would just waltz in here throwing around mental disorders when someone asks a fucking question. I don't like going off on people but god damn.
Oh ok. Yeah, I don't think he actually has a mental disorder.

And your right I shouldn't be throwing that word around so easily.

Do any of you struggle with insomnia? Half the reason why I work out at odd hours (2AM-4AM) is because I can't sleep sometimes. It's the worst.

Thanks fit bros.

It still feels weird to look in the mirror and see this

Cooter, I faintly see abs but some loose skin from my old super fat days is still around :/
Good lord you are a sexy mofo.

Oh ok. Yeah, I don't think he actually has a mental disorder.

And your right I shouldn't be throwing that word around so easily.
Meh, you're cool bud. I don't think you meant any harm, and you definitely aren't wrong about people lifting with the wrong mentality. Also, hope I didn't come off like an ass in my post. I wrote it after not having any sleep. :(

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Sean. Wow! Transformation complete. What a difference. You weigh less than me now. How's your strength?

Szu

Mice doing bench. Now there's science I can get behind!

benching-mouse.gif

Szu

That's it. Put me down for a lifetime supply of Sean Juice and Cooter Butter.

It will go great with some Brolic BBQ and MTP Midnight Appetizers.

SeanR1221

Looking good man.

looking great!

also, that's one of the harder things to get rid of. For me at least D:

Looked way better before!

Jk, you look incredible my man!!

Do any of you struggle with insomnia? Half the reason why I work out at odd hours (2AM-4AM) is because I can't sleep sometimes. It's the worst.

Good lord you are a sexy mofo.

Meh, you're cool bud. I don't think you meant any harm, and you definitely aren't wrong about people lifting with the wrong mentality. Also, hope I didn't come off like an ass in my post. I wrote it after not having any sleep. :(

Dem shoulders.

Dat separation.

BOOM!

Sean. Wow! Transformation complete. What a difference. You weigh less than me now. How's your strength?

Sean looking damn good. Amazing work, man.

That's it. Put me down for a lifetime supply of Sean Juice and Cooter Butter.

It will go great with some Brolic BBQ and MTP Midnight Appetizers.

This community 🙌🏻 you guys are seriously the best and I wouldn't be able to push myself half as hard without all the regulars here for support. It makes a huge difference to have that solid community.

Cooter, I haven't maxed out in a really long time, but judging by 1rm calculators my deadlift should be 420 (highest was 440) and bench 235 (highest was 245). Squat took a pretty major dive moving to high bar and really sinking it plus being on and off a deficit for so long hasn't done me any favors. Once I get to 178 I'll start upping my calories to see where I can mantain because eating 2000-2100 calories is for the birds

Quasar

So I've finally taken my first steps into the world of fitness tracking.

I bought a vivoactive hr today. Though it being plastic and not metal has me a little reticent in terms of its durability. But then something like the fenix hr sapphire is way more than I'd ever spend. Plus it would look gigantic on my small wrists.

Spending what I did gives me not quite buyers remorse but a little regret that if I'm spending this kind of money that its not a full featured androidwear watch too. Even though I know theres no smartwatch with the same featureset that this has or I'd want. Maybe in a few years there will be.

Anyway...as a guy whose never worn a watch (which is why I never was interested in smart watches) this is going to take a little getting used to. Not that its uncomfortable, just that its there.

And wearing it on a brief walk got me wondering just how devices track steps. I mean...it knows my height and the speed at which I walk, so is it just calculated from that? Though during setup It wanted to know the arm its on, so is it using arm swing? And if so wouldnt the way people move rather impact all that?

ILoveBish

Insane Sean. You really did it. Very motivating for me personally, I got home from work after a 11 hour day and didn't get a chance to lift and was feeling bad. Seeing your amazing progress got my blood flowing, starting tomorrow no matter what.

1.2 this week.

Felt a little loss of strength at the end of the week but still managed 10-12 on 1 plate dips for 4 sets but that shit took everything I had. Been incorporating small pause at the bottom and shorter rest periods so I got wiped fast.

All in all cut is going well. Vascularity improving all around, feel tighter. Definitely feel lighter when running/sprinting/jumping/stairs. Crazy difference in terms of simple movement from even 3 weeks of cutting and just about 7 pounds down-ish. Then again I'm sure my cardio routine is helping with the light feeling.

mdsfx

i have this fucking patch of fat near my belly button/lower abs that will not GTFO. It's pissing me off. My legs have veins and my love handle are almost gone yet this fucking puddle of useless jelly is just hanging around like a deadbeat roommate.

SeanR1221

Insane Sean. You really did it. Very motivating for me personally, I got home from work after a 11 hour day and didn't get a chance to lift and was feeling bad. Seeing your amazing progress got my blood flowing, starting tomorrow no matter what.

Thanks for the kind words, and I hope you're all settled into your place now. time to hope right back on that gain train

i have this fucking patch of fat near my belly button/lower abs that will not GTFO. It's pissing me off. My legs have veins and my love handle are almost gone yet this fucking puddle of useless jelly is just hanging around like a deadbeat roommate.
One of these days you'll get that 18th ab to show. Just gotta keep at it!

SeanR1221

Does that little patch of fat vape?

bchamba

Did squats today 400 for a 3x2, previous 1 rep max was 390. I would have liked 3 on the last set but I've been dealing with some elbow pain that is making it impossible for me to make my back tight so on the second rep of the third set the bar rolled up on me and almost made me fold over. One more lighter squat session at 82% for sets of 4 and then I can deload and hopefully it gets better.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFZN0J0Di4e/

sphinx

the piano man

this is me right now, only my patch is surely bigger... so incredibly stubborn.

man, you had love handles? I can't picture your chiseled-abs'd, 10% BF body having any love handles. you sure you have them? :D

I feel like I have to starve for 3-4 days to make them go, but I fear muscle loss so I'd rather have patience.. I already see the 1 or 2 upper ab pairs, so I am headed the right way, I guess. just a month ago, that would have been out of the question.

I have a feeling I'm going to be super thin at the end of my cut. I don't like the old 200lb me :( I just hope the comp change will still look good.

ILoveBish

It's 430am and I finally got a workout in. Life is so busy, I got home near midnight, fiance and I started working on the platform, drilled the holes and bolted the cage to the platform. Around 245 or 3am I started lifting, doing squats, and man my strength took a large hit. I managed 260x3 for 4 sets. Then switched to ohp and got 135x3 for 4 sets. Tomorrow I'll do bench and deadlift.

I'll need a baseline to start from, likely going to do SL 5x5 and eat like at a surplus for a month just to get myself back into things. Will start creatine again tonight.

We're finally on the way. I'll post pics of the home gym later, it looks cool but it's not anywhere near done.

Top Bottom