• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

SeanR1221

Nah not yet, have read on here that it seems good but have just never gotten around to picking up the book and reading it. Guess I'll try it for my next cycle since this week is my 1s week.

edit: And make that another ebook I need to order lol. Well getting told I'm looking fat by family who don't even lift finally got me to stop being stupid about my diet and nutrition.

Its a pretty good read. Its quick, like the RP book.

Cry defensive attitude if you want. I'm not really interested in having that argument. If I ask for help and you have an answer to it, great. I'm all ears. But if you're answer is to completely side-step what I'm asking and give an answer to a question nobody asked, then no thanks. I'll pass.

It's called discussion, and it builds off of questions asked.

Two Words

lift before cardio. Squat first then all the other leg exercises.

if you gotta ball before lift space them out 4-5 hours.

Yeah, I always lift before cardio. But let's say I'm on a non-leg day. I do my weights and then play basketball. My legs will not be 100% the next day. It's not the same amount of soreness from a leg-day workout. But it is enough to make me not able to do a leg day. The way I see it, my legs have never been really worked much, so I want to make sure that they are getting hit the hardest when lifting. And as I improve on that, I'm hoping that it will leave me less sore from playing basketball.

TheFlow

Banned
I have added cardio after my lifts. It works well and it's a 4 min workout of 20 sec and 10 sec rest. Do you think I can do that everyday or days I don't go to the gym? Or will that be too much?

I do the same thing you do but 30 sec run/jogg and 1 min rest for about 20 mins.

You can do cardio everyday(I would still rest a day, and switch it up because you don't want to run on a treadmill every day and fuck your legs up)

Cardio is not going to affect your lifts unless you are a marathon runner so you are fine.

Cry defensive attitude if you want. I'm not really interested in having that argument. If I ask for help and you have an answer to it, great. I'm all ears. But if you're answer is to completely side-step what I'm asking and give an answer to a question nobody asked, then no thanks. I'll pass.

He's probably speaking in your best interest. The scale you bought is most likely $20 too expensive due to the body fat measurement feature and won't help you because it's wildly inaccurate and, perhaps even worse, inconsistent. If you start focusing on that inaccurate number too much (whether you actually do or not doesn't matter to me) and adjusting your diet negatively to try and lower that number then it can sidetrack your actual goal of getting stronger.

Want to measure your body fat? You're better off returning your scale and getting one of these:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/MABIS-Tape-Measure-White/36782200

and a site like this:

http://www.stevenscreek.com/goodies/pi.shtml

You'll at least get a reasonable and consistent result that doesn't change based on how sweaty your feet are. Plus you'll save some cash buying a cheaper scale.

SeanR1221

I'm asking about a good way to monitor body fat percentage and you're saying don't worry about it. That's not a discussion I'm looking to have.

I'm trying to help you reach your goals, which in your own words are...

I'm not really looking for big gains. If anything, I want to gain a moderate amount of muscle and cut fat. I guess I want to look like how I look when I suck in my gut.

Worrying about BF% isn't the way to achieve that.

But do whatever you want honestly. It doesnt make a difference to me.

Thanks for answering my questions Sean. Just ordered the books and am now just waiting for the Renaissance Diet ebook to show up in my inbox.

Definitely. RP was a game changer for me and really helped me with food choices and meal timing. They give you information on making your own diet plan at the end of the book. I didn't feel the need to do it for cutting, but I might consider it for bulking because I don't want to mess that up.

Two Words

He's probably speaking in your best interest. The scale you bought is most likely $20 too expensive due to the body fat measurement feature and won't help you because it's wildly inaccurate and, perhaps even worse, inconsistent. If you start focusing on that inaccurate number too much (whether you actually do or not doesn't matter to me) and adjusting your diet negatively to try and lower that number then it can sidetrack your actual goal of getting stronger.

Want to measure your body fat? You're better off returning your scale and getting one of these:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/MABIS-Tape-Measure-White/36782200

and a site like this:

http://www.stevenscreek.com/goodies/pi.shtml

You'll at least get a reasonable and consistent result that doesn't change based on how sweaty your feet are. Plus you'll save some cash buying a cheaper scale.

I needed a scale anyways so I'll end up keeping it. It was $30, which I'm comfortable paying for. But yeah, I don't want to really rely on the BF numbers its giving me if it is not at least moderately reliable. I'm not really planning to make changes around what my BF% is. I'm just interested in knowing what it is and see how it may change as I keep it up.

What would you say would be the best way to get a baseline BF% reading? I don't want to buy anything else atm. My gym has those hand-held BF% reader things, but I'm not sure if those are any better than the feet kind. What would you say would be the best way to go out and get a BF% reading? I wanted to see if a more accurate reading would be in line with the scale to see if the scale is way off or not.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm asking about a good way to monitor body fat percentage and you're saying don't worry about it. That's not a discussion I'm looking to have.

This is because you are asking for answers to things that should be irrelevant at your stage. In a fitness thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Two Words

I'm trying to help you reach your goals, which in your own words are...

Worrying about BF% isn't the way to achieve that.

But do whatever you want honestly. It doesnt make a difference to me.

For whatever reason, you seem to think that just because I'm asking about it means I'm "worrying" about it. I needed a scale and I bought one with a BF% reader. This lead me to being curious about where my BF% is. I saw that people say that the scale can often be wildly inaccurate. I asked if that is true and wanted to know a good way to get an accurate measurement so I could tell if the scale was accurately reading me or not. At no point did I say that I'm trying to make changes around these results or trying to significantly reduce my BF%. I'm just curious to know what it is and how it changes. I don't know what more I can say to make you realize that.

SeanR1221

I needed a scale anyways so I'll end up keeping it. It was $30, which I'm comfortable paying for. But yeah, I don't want to really rely on the BF numbers its giving me if it is not at least moderately reliable. I'm not really planning to make changes around what my BF% is. I'm just interested in knowing what it is and see how it may change as I keep it up.

What would you say would be the best way to get a baseline BF% reading? I don't want to buy anything else atm. My gym has those hand-held BF% reader things, but I'm not sure if those are any better than the feet kind. What would you say would be the best way to go out and get a BF% reading? I wanted to see if a more accurate reading would be in line with the scale to see if the scale is way off or not.

The most accurate way is hydrostatic weighing

http://www.bodyfattest.com

For whatever reason, you seem to think that just because I'm asking about it means I'm "worrying" about it. I needed a scale and I bought one with a BF% reader. This lead me to being curious about where my BF% is. I saw that people say that the scale can often be wildly inaccurate. I asked if that is true and wanted to know a good way to get an accurate measurement so I could tell if the scale was accurately reading me or not. At no point did I say that I'm trying to make changes around these results or trying to significantly reduce my BF%. I'm just curious to know what it is and how it changes. I don't know what more I can say to make you realize that.

You wanting to know the most accurate way is worrying about it IMO, but maybe I have a different perspective. I have no clue what my BF% is and I don't really care anyway. That's not worrying about it. But different perspectives I suppose.

Like I said before, a vinyl tape measure and that website is "good enough". How accurate you can get will depend on how much work you want to do with the tape measure. It's honestly like 50 cents to a dollar at a sewing shop. Or you can use a long piece of string and a ruler.

Anything with a metallic strip attached to a digital display is a colossal waste of time. That includes the time discussing it.

Also this but it costs money.

Granadier

You can also get a set of calipers and measure in three different place to check your BF%.

That will probably be more accurate than a scale that tries to guess it.
I was wrong. This can still be 5-10% off.

Two Words

You wanting to know the most accurate way is worrying about it IMO, but maybe I have a different perspective. I have no clue what my BF% is and I don't really care anyway. That's not worrying about it. But different perspectives I suppose.

That's interesting. Not sure if I'm interested enough in it to pay $50 though.
Like I said before, a vinyl tape measure and that website is "good enough". How accurate you can get will depend on how much work you want to do with the tape measure. It's honestly like 50 cents to a dollar at a sewing shop. Or you can use a long piece of string and a ruler.

Anything with a metallic strip attached to a digital display is a colossal waste of time. That includes the time discussing it.

I'll look into that. Plus, it would probably be good for knowing my numbers for clothing.

SeanR1221

Haha yeah and not available everywhere. But he did say best! ;)

I didn't know it was a thing until that Alan Thrall video.

No lie, I watched that Alan Thrall video (although I knew about it previously) and I started searching for a place to get tested up here in Canada. It's rather inconvenient to track down but I might try it one day.

Has bodybuilding gone too far when you're actively tracking down ways to drown yourself in the name of body fat testing?

You can also get a set of calipers and measure in three different place to check your BF%.

That will probably be more accurate than a scale that tries to guess it.
I was wrong. This can still be 5-10% off.

No, you're right, but the end result might be worse than the scale because of the person trying to measure it. I've seen people test themselves where they lean over so their guts are being grabbed along with some belly mass in the caliper. I don't think the whole "skinfold" part was really understood.

Granadier

That Alan Thrall video was very cool. I was surprised by how many calories he needed just for a day of "at rest" living.

No, you're right, but the end result might be worse than the scale because of the person trying to measure it. I've seen people test themselves where they lean over so their guts are being grabbed along with some belly mass in the caliper. I don't think the whole "skinfold" part was really understood.

Ahh, ok. I'll keep that in mind.

I know this discussion went further than this post but I'll fucking start here because I give zero fucks and I'm a grumpy bastard on my cut.

1) People in this thread are not only awesome at being good fucking human beings - they know roughly A GAZILLION times more than you do. Take their fucking advice - even if it's what you don't want to hear.

2) You aren't in here for your personal fucking validation. You are here to get help and grow, like everyone else. Leave your preconceived bullshit broscience at the door.

3) Nobody gives a fuck what you want to hear. We will tell you straight up what you need to hear.

4) Fitness is actually not that complicated. You seem to want to overcomplicate everything with pseudo-science and all the pitfalls of a newbie. BF scales, Creatine loading, your rants in OT, etc. Don't over think it.

5) Don't like it? Don't post in here.

Treat others with respect and they will do the same. Everyone in here is great and I feel this is the BEST Gaf community, hands down. You want to sleep here? Don't shit the fucking bed.

Gah, I think I have to stop IF while I start my slow bulk. It's really hard to get 2500+ calories a day and get all that in my 8 hour feeding window.

Yeah, I can't recommend it. I was trying to put away 4k in about 6 hours and it was fucking horrible.

On the other discussion that's going on... there really isn't a good way of specifically monitoring body fat unless you're willing to pay for regular DEXA scans / hydrostatic weighing. This is why it's best to judge off the scale and mirror. As long as you're only gaining a little and doing weights, it's not going to be mostly fat / as long as you're only losing a little and doing weights, it's going to be mostly fat.

We'd all love an at home device that can give you repeatable results accurate to within a couple of percent of body fat. They don't exist.

bchamba

Completed my last heavy workout before the meet (Saturday this week).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys9mJvtwNZA

Sumo Deadlifts: 4/4x 200kg, 2x 220kg
Frontsquats: 3/3/3x 140kg, 5x 130kg, 7x 120kg

I'm not sure what my attempts should be. 215/225/235-240 or 220/230/240?

Based off the speed from that video I think 220 could be an opener so the second option might be better. If you want to play it safer with your opener maybe something like 215/230/240.

Faiz

Sometimes when we are learning, we ask the wrong questions. An answer to the wrong question will not lead you to the right place. That's really all I have to say on this subject that hasn't already been said.

JoeNut

Screwed my hip on friday, skipped my run on saturday and feeling ok again now. I wonder how squats is gonna go today :/

Granadier

Completed my last heavy workout before the meet (Saturday this week).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys9mJvtwNZA

Sumo Deadlifts: 4/4x 200kg, 2x 220kg
Frontsquats: 3/3/3x 140kg, 5x 130kg, 7x 120kg

I'm not sure what my attempts should be. 215/225/235-240 or 220/230/240?

I've been following your progress on Instagram. Keep up to the great work, and good luck at your meet!

Sometimes when we are learning, we ask the wrong questions. An answer to the wrong question will not lead you to the right place. That's really all I have to say on this subject that hasn't already been said.
I don't believe there are wrong questions. I do believe that the answers don't validate what he believes or wants to hear.

If he wants to listen and take advice he will. If not, I'm not losing MAH GAIIINNNNZ so I don't care. I just don't like seeing people here, who know their shit, being disrespected.

Anyhow, my Jackalanche is over.

Two Words

I know this discussion went further than this post but I'll fucking start here because I give zero fucks and I'm a grumpy bastard on my cut.

1) People in this thread are not only awesome at being good fucking human beings - they know roughly A GAZILLION times more than you do. Take their fucking advice - even if it's what you don't want to hear.

2) You aren't in here for your personal fucking validation. You are here to get help and grow, like everyone else. Leave your preconceived bullshit broscience at the door.

3) Nobody gives a fuck what you want to hear. We will tell you straight up what you need to hear.

4) Fitness is actually not that complicated. You seem to want to overcomplicate everything with pseudo-science and all the pitfalls of a newbie. BF scales, Creatine loading, your rants in OT, etc. Don't over think it.

5) Don't like it? Don't post in here.

Treat others with respect and they will do the same. Everyone in here is great and I feel this is the BEST Gaf community, hands down. You want to sleep here? Don't shit the fucking bed.

I got a scale that tracks BF% and just wanted to know how well BF% tracking devices worked. It's as simple as that.

Two Words

I don't believe there are wrong questions. I do believe that the answers don't validate what he believes or wants to hear.

If he wants to listen and take advice he will. If not, I'm not losing MAH GAIIINNNNZ so I don't care. I just don't like seeing people here, who know their shit, being disrespected.

Anyhow, my Jackalanche is over.
lol chill. Nobody is being disrespected. The problem is that just because I question about X, people assume all of my time and energy and concern is being placed on X. When in reality, I just happen to have some curiosity on X and don't intend to focus my workouts and diet around X.

Jackalanche.exe

I got a scale that tracks BF% and just wanted to know how well BF% tracking devices worked. It's as simple as that.

If I walk in here asking how to properly take supplements X, y and z - and I get told not to worry about them because I don't need to take them, that means I shouldn't worry about them. I don't give a fuck if it's not answering my question.

I'm not here to validate what I THINK. I'm here to fucking learn.

So this bullshit:

That's not a discussion I'm looking to have.
Can get the fuck out.

You're a newbie to lifting and it's apparent as fucking hell by your questions. If people with XP in here tell you not to over think shit and not worry at this stage - then don't.

You don't have to take anyone's advice but this bullshit I quoted above? Come the fuck on.

BumRush

Guys, ease up. Two words, as I'm sure you know, Sean and Jack are correct in saying that your focus shouldn't be on BF% at this stage. BUT, I get that you're just asking because you want to know (which is valid and welcome in here).

Those things are (unfortunately) a mixed bag...mostly inaccurate. BF% at your own peril and don't base your decision making on the findings.

Two Words

Jackalanche.exe

If I walk in here asking how to properly take supplements X, y and z - and I get told not to worry about them because I don't need to take them, that means I shouldn't worry about them. I don't give a fuck if it's not answering my question.

I'm not here to validate what I THINK. I'm here to fucking learn.

So this bullshit:

Can get the fuck out.

You're a newbie to lifting and it's apparent as fucking hell by your questions. If people with XP in here tell you not to over think shit and not worry at this stage - then don't.

You don't have to take anyone's advice but this bullshit I quoted above? Come the fuck on.
It's not bullshit and your analogy is bad. Taking supplements is vastly different than observing your BF%. I literally just wanted to know if the BF% my scale is telling me is accurate enough to care about. I'm not going to diet based on what it says or anything like that. Why is it so hard to get? It doesn't matter how much experience people have because I'm not treating it as something important. I'm not overthinking it. I'm not making it a priority. It's something I was curious about seeing and seeing if it changes. If you can't get that, then oh well. I guess ignore me then?

Guys, ease up. Two words, as I'm sure you know, Sean and Jack are correct in saying that your focus shouldn't be on BF% at this stage. BUT, I get that you're just asking because you want to know (which is valid and welcome in here).

Those things are (unfortunately) a mixed bag...mostly inaccurate. BF% at your own peril and don't base your decision making on the findings.

Yeah after reading how inaccurate these things are, I'm probably just going to ignore the number.

Day one of 5/3/1. Going to do a cycle of three days per week, since that's just what fits my life right now. If anyone has any insight on my day (in progress) for lifts and foods, do chime in.

Food today:
Breakfast - 80 plain oatmeal w/ 25g protein powder, a handful of blueberries and a spoon of Stevia to cover that chalky vanilla taste from the protein.
Snack - 50g protein shake, apple pie quest bar. This is post workout. Shake made with water because I forgot to bring some almond milk with me.
Lunch - 4g 93/7 beef, 5g 99/1 turkey and a banana. And maybe a bagel or something.
Dinner - 8 oz baked chicken breast, a measured serving of some rice I like, steamed spinach if I have any, Brussels sprouts if I don't. I'm fortunate to actually like sprouts with some salt and pepper.
Dinner 2 - Maybe some baked shrimp or baked cod and a little more rice. Going to try to eat this right before bed.

Workout:
Rowing Machine - 10 minute warmup, followed by some stretching. Probably could have stretched more.

OHP: Warmed up with 2 sets of 45 lbs x 12, then 75, 90, 105 lbs for one set of 5 each, and mixed in sets of chinups (just 5 reps) each between the worksets.

Chest Dips: 5 sets for 10 reps each, and also mixed in chinups between sets too. I haven't been able to dip in awhile thanks to my shoulder, so I came out feeling pretty good about doing any at all.

One-Arm DB Rows: 4 sets, 55 x 15 per arm. Probably going to up it to 60 next week.

Reverse Flyes: Doing these solely because it feels good on the rotator cuff, and it seems to fit with the assistance exercises (upper body, shoulders)

Hex-Bar Shrug: 3 sets of 265 x 20. Was going to be 4 sets, but needed to get to my office.

Tomorrow is looking like deadlift day, and I'm stoked. I love deadlifting, man.

Brandwin

I 5'5" and was weighing 175, I wanted to get to 145. So far I have dropped 15 , but I have been doing some heavy weight lifting, so I know it's hard to lose a lot of weight and gain muscle.

I guess I am fine with the weight I am at and I can just focus on gaining muscle, but I am confused on macros. Any tips on that?

frontieruk

Yeah, I can't recommend it. I was trying to put away 4k in about 6 hours and it was fucking horrible.

On the other discussion that's going on... there really isn't a good way of specifically monitoring body fat unless you're willing to pay for regular DEXA scans / hydrostatic weighing. This is why it's best to judge off the scale and mirror. As long as you're only gaining a little and doing weights, it's not going to be mostly fat / as long as you're only losing a little and doing weights, it's going to be mostly fat.

We'd all love an at home device that can give you repeatable results accurate to within a couple of percent of body fat. They don't exist.

Speaking of gadgets... How's the Skulpt thingamajig going?

I was 175, I wanted to get to 145. I have dropped 30, but I have been doing some heavy weight lifting, so I know it's hard to lose a lot of weight and gain muscle.

I guess I am fine with the weight I am at and I can just focus on gaining muscle, but I am confused on macros. Any tips on that?

So, you're 145 now, right? Sorry because I'm experiencing reading comprehension issues today, apparently.

Xenophage

Neo Member
Hey FitGaf,

Long-ish time lurker here. Finally decided it was time to make an account and interact with the lot of you.

Quick backstory: I'm 35 years old, with a slight back issue, but I've been working out on and off for the past 10 years now. I've dabbled in TKD, MMA and boxing in the past, but I've had to give it all up thanks to the bad back. I've fallen off the horse many a times (due to the injury and laziness), but this time, I'm super motivated.

I've recently started the gym after a gap of about 2 years, and I've been given a fairly simple four day split by the trainer there. I workout at the gym in the morning, and if I get the time, hit a bit of (moderate) cardio in the evening. My goal at this point in time is to stay fit, and get rid of all the excess fat. I currently weight 95 kilos, and my goal is to hit 90. I don't count my calories, but I watch what I eat, cheating maybe once a twice a week.

Due to my back, I can't seem to squat with the barbell, so for now, I squat using two kettlebells. I'm not sure if it's mental, but this definitely feels a lot more doable, and I'm slowly upping the weight.

To be honest, I'm a bit scared of the deadlift, as one of the reasons I fucked my back up in the first place, was poor (and heavy) deadlifts. I'm wondering if I should slowly ease into it with other exercises (that can strengthen my back), or just suck it up and get it done.

Any inputs would be appreciated. And since this is my first post, attaching a quick before/after shot. http://imgur.com/JGjKNnJ

Two Words

How do you guys handle lifting on days that you're very tired? I wasn't able to sleep much last night and I can really feel it. I am at the gym right now and I can tell my lifts are suffering because of it. I'm giving myself longer rests to help. Is it better to push through it even if you're low on energy or is it better to use the day for rest and try to go the next day with more energy?

It's not bullshit and your analogy is bad. Taking supplements is vastly different than observing your BF%. I literally just wanted to know if the BF% my scale is telling me is accurate enough to care about. I'm not going to diet based on what it says or anything like that. Why is it so hard to get? It doesn't matter how much experience people have because I'm not treating it as something important. I'm not overthinking it. I'm not making it a priority. It's something I was curious about seeing and seeing if it changes. If you can't get that, then oh well. I guess ignore me then.
That's actually exactly how analogies work :| Unrelated items, similar circumstances/outcomes.

Who gives a shit about your BF%? We already answered your questions about scales and Sean very nicely informed you not to sweat the small stuff and that's when you got defensive, just as Sean mentioned, like you did in the Squat thread.

And you're obviously concerned about it with his much you push the issue. You even mentioned it as a good metric for clothes. Clothes, of all things.

And, yes, other people's XP does matter. Most folks in here are on NG+ and you're level 1 with attack and parry. Get over it. They are telling you not to sweat it - but you keep pushing because clothing ... ?

You are over-thinking it - instead of taking the advice and not worrying about it you doubled down.

Everybody wants to help everybody in here - that's why we are here. If you want to tell people flat out you're not willing to take advice when it's given - then don't come here asking for help or advice.

Just because it's not the answer you want to hear doesn't mean you need to be a dick to folks and talk down to them when they give solid advice. You've done it plenty between the Squat thread and here already. If you don't like an answer that is given from someone a zillion times more experienced than you, that's fine. Just don't be a d-bag telling people you aren't willing to accept or discuss advice or pointers.

Now I'm out of this discussion.

No Love

Banned
How do you guys handle lifting on days that you're very tired? I wasn't able to sleep much last night and I can really feel it. I am at the gym right now and I can tell my lifts are suffering because of it. I'm giving myself longer rests to help. Is it better to push through it even if you're low on energy or is it better to use the day for rest and try to go the next day with more energy?

I find it better to skip it, get some good rest, and hit it the next day.

Granadier

When I'm at the gym and can tell I haven't rested or eaten enough I will usually do lighter weights or move to the machines. If it's really bad I'll just leave, eat/rest, and go back the next day.

Coffee or preworkout. Or just walk away and try again tomorrow. If your goal is to get stronger and there's no way you're going to manage that today then just drop it and try again some other time.

Two Words

That's actually exactly how analogies work :| Unrelated items, similar circumstances/outcomes.

Who gives a shit about your BF%? We already answered your questions about scales and Sean very nicely informed you not to sweat the small stuff and that's when you got defensive, just as Sean mentioned, like you did in the Squat thread.

And you're obviously concerned about it with his much you push the issue. You even mentioned it as a good metric for clothes. Clothes, of all things.

And, yes, other people's XP does matter. Most folks in here are on NG+ and you're level 1 with attack and parry. Get over it. They are telling you not to sweat it - but you keep pushing because clothing ... ?

You are over-thinking it - instead of taking the advice and not worrying about it you doubled down.

Everybody wants to help everybody in here - that's why we are here. If you want to tell people flat out you're not willing to take advice when it's given - then don't come here asking for help or advice.

Just because it's not the answer you want to hear doesn't mean you need to be a dick to folks and talk down to them when they give solid advice. You've done it plenty between the Squat thread and here already. If you don't like an answer that is given from someone a zillion times more experienced than you, that's fine. Just don't be a d-bag telling people you aren't willing to accept or discuss advice or pointers.

Now I'm out of this discussion.
I said using a measuring tape to know my measurements would be good for clothes. If you're going to start using word count as an argument then you must care more than me. If you don't want to believe what I'm saying then don't, but I don't really care to listen to somebody trying to tell me what I am thinking.

Two Words

I find it better to skip it, get some good rest, and hit it the next day.

When I'm at the gym and can tell I haven't rested or eaten enough I will usually do lighter weights or move to the machines. If it's really bad I'll just leave, eat/rest, and go back the next day.

Coffee or preworkout. Or just walk away and try again tomorrow. If your goal is to get stronger and there's no way you're going to manage that today then just drop it and try again some other time.
Since I'm already more than halfway done with today's workout, I'll just push through it. But in the future, I'll skip if I feel I can't lift well.

I said using a measuring tape to know my measurements would be good for clothes. If you're going to start using word count as an argument then you must care more than me. If you don't want to believe what I'm saying then don't, but I don't really care to listen to somebody trying to tell me what I am thinking.
I'm not telling you what you're thinking, I'm displaying your absolutely shitty fucking attitude towards Sean on exhibit in this thread.

You acted like a dick. Take the L and move on.

Top Bottom