• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Teaser trailer

Tregard

Soothsayer
Will wait for Five Nights At Freddie's 5: Nights at Freddie's

Really should've gone with Six Nights at Freddie's, Seven Nights etc.

The developer has always been really fast about making games, I don't blame him for putting out a bunch back to back. The weird pseudo-story in the games is interesting and it's not like they cost a lot.

Maximo

Brian★;149243228 said:
he's milking the franchise.

but who is that?

Its a fad that is still is going strong, huge Let's Players are still playing Five Nights At Freddy's Related Games (Gmod/FanGames). To me its smart the guy knows it won't last forever why not cash in now.

Well at least it's 3d this time. I always wondered why he couldn't render better than ps1 level textures considering he's making so much money off it.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just coming for the trailers. The 5NAF2 trailer was amazing, this one is.. not as great but still okay.

KarmaCow

It's not like Freddy games are these long involved experiences that cost a ton. Don't really see an issue with pumping them out.

fhqwhgads

Lots of condescending posts in this thread. I really hate how FNaF gets lumped together with crap like Slender and passed off as a bad game.
I do hold the same sentiment that I'm hoping he spaces out the releases some more, the second game was certainly rough at some parts and could've used some extra development time. Either way, I've got high hopes for this.

MrBadger

Well, those first few posts were predictable.

Anyway, the game. What the hell was that at the end? It was actually pretty damn creepy. Moreso than any of the new ones in FNAF2

zakislam

Brian★;149243228 said:

but who is that?

Wouldn't you? Channels, especially the big ones on YT, are getting 10s of million views each when the 2nd one came out late last year, which I would think increased sales handsomely.

Why not milk the shit out of it?

MrBadger

Lots of condescending posts in this thread. I really hate how FNaF gets lumped together with crap like Slender and passed off as a bad game.
I do hold the same sentiment that I'm hoping he spaces out the releases some more, the second game was certainly rough at some parts and could've used some extra development time. Either way, I've got high hopes for this.

So do I. Maybe the creator should just start labelling them as episodes so people don't lump them in with effortless sequels. I mean, so what if the guy's cashing in while the games are still relevant? If they still deliver on the atmospheric gameplay and interesting lore, I'm down for that. It's sad to see people think of this in the same light as junk like Slender.

Mask

Excellent, I look forward to playing this late at night!

Also, people saying he's milking this? That's just how Scott works, efficient and fast. He's been doing games like this for years using the same engine, and has, understandably, become very good at releasing them quickly, and usually almost bug-free. Dudes a machine.

Kinsei

Banned
If you pause the video at the end when the new animatronic is attacking you can see an empty suit by the door. It looks like they're going to try and fake you out this time around.

There is no better time for him to do this. He's kept people hooked with a potentially horrifying story that people want to see more of.

The gameplay will change..a bit but it's the shrouded backstory that keeps people coming back. If he does a 4th one, I would say that's too much but he might as well keep these coming out while people are still really interested

At the rate they're being released they'll be up to Five Night's at Freddy's 15 before FF XV even gets a solid date. lol.
Honestly if he keeps doing one once every three months or so like it is now, there very well maybe 5 or 6 of these out before then.

The formula certainly works.

Brian★;149243228 said:

but who is that?

If that's an issue for you then I'm guessing the series isn't for you. It's reminiscent of 80s horror movies getting a sequel every year, only in this case it takes a lot less resources so he can get one out every six months. As a horror fan I'm all for it. If the quality isn't suffering, who gives a shit?

If that's an issue for you then I'm guessing the series isn't for you. It's reminiscent of 80s horror movies getting a sequel every year, only in this case it takes a lot less resources so he can get one out every six months. As a horror fan I'm all for it. If the quality isn't suffering, who gives a shit?
Yeah, reminds me of Saw 1-3. Hopefully Scott isn't dumb and make a 4th game because that is where any 1 year franchise gets terrible.

Kouriozan

I like watching these.
And he is right to "milk" it, it's still pretty big and when the new next big thing hit it would be too late.

Top Bottom