• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn looks pretty cool

Kssio_Aug

It seems pretty good, specially from an indie team! I will most certainly give it a try since it's going to Game Pass day one.

WAT?!?! Are you serious?!?!

46eca1bd6c74ab22a477bd7e7d8409a367c5317f.gifv

Jbks8m0.gif

c40LMIw.gif

LqETJtL.gif
Am I supposed to change my mind after seeing this? No amount of alpha or particle effects can make me care more about this game. Especially after seeing the way she traverses through the game with a type of blink mechanic that is just hard on the eyes. Not to mention the questionable performance from the trailer and gameplay demos.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Am I supposed to change my mind after seeing this? No amount of alpha or particle effects can make me care more about this game. Especially after seeing the way she traverses through the game with a type of blink mechanic that is just hard on the eyes. Not to mention the questionable performance from the trailer and gameplay demos.

My biggest issue with Flintlock is that it's just TOO brown.

This looked interesting. I'm just a little worn out on all the Souls clones.

This looks a little more fast-paced, however. Hopefully, it doesn't go all-in on the Soulborne punishing difficulty. If so, I would lose all interest. I have no time for frustratingly difficult games.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Very interested in Flintlock. Definitely an AA title but I like the look of it and the combat looks solid. Will be keeping an eye on Flintlock.

ungalo

I think that for a low budget "Souls-like" games it looks better than average (like to me it seems way better than Mortal Shell), even in terms of feeling and animations, how it moves, readability of patterns etc. The aerial move are cool. Obviously compared to AAA games it's still rough, but it looks promising.

I bought Ashen day one for 40 euros and i felt robbed at the time. Bad memories even though the game wasn't terrible, but its qualities were definitely not in the combat department. From what i see here they made a lot of progress honestly.

edit : i think saying it looks like a game like Greedfall (who is not even a Soulslike it's pure ARPG) is really harsh, it's definitely not the case.

Last edited:

freefornow

I thought it looked like an interesting game.
My comment is probably not "edgy" enough so-"looked like a rough indie 8 bit brown and jittery mess which looks like its trying to be (inseret game of choice here) that no one should ever consider playing as its not AAAAAA+ and being available on Gamepass just makes this worse"

Last edited:
Top Bottom