• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

My kitchen windows are making a crackling noise that do NOT make this easier to swallow. And its only 7 am with worse coming by mid afternoon...

North miami gaf hold me 😦

I think, considering the eye is there now, key west isn't going to be a disaster zone. Cell phone towers still up no sign of storm surge and wind gusts aren't over 100.

Redmoon

Somehow power came backafter a dark night. Hope it holds as we still have like a day to go of this weather.

Edit I spoke too soon

Tovarisc

I think, considering the eye is there now, key west isn't going to be a disaster zone. Cell phone towers still up no sign of storm surge and wind gusts aren't over 100.

It's still coming, not on it.

Also it's Cat 4, right? Gusts of 100 isn't where it's going to top out.

Wag

that's where i'm from. that's where all my friends are at.
weak

there will be power outages. that's it

Hopefully. That's a big issue tho. I don't know how long my elderly parents can go without power/water. They are in the mid-late 80's.

Royce McCutcheon

I think you're inland enough where you're probably gonna get the best of it honestly.... still flooding, uprooted trees, and power out

But my Destiny time, what yall think about this tree right here? Everyone has taken up non tree spots, It's quite assholish really. This the best I can do

h8nP5sG.jpg

Like, I think the wind would blow it away from me at this angle.

dickroach

Fuckin millennials. All this kid cares about is how many viewers he's got for his stream

9000+
he's cooler than you

I don't, but they have a house in a big gated retirement community so hopefully someone will be around to check on them.

yeah I'd hope so. my stoke-ridden decrepit grandfather was in a retirement community in 04. i remember going to see him with my mom, driving through mad flooded roads n shit. but he was fine.
i wish them/you the best

Dragoshi1

Largo area, pinellas county, literally no one has left. No boarded houses anywhere up and down this major street.

We're ready to go to one of the non evac areas to board up with a friend. Leaned all heavy furniture against windows, sandbagged garage doors, just need to do front door.

dickroach

Largo area, pinellas county, literally no one has left. No boarded houses anywhere up and down this major street.

We're ready to go to one of the non evac areas to board up with a friend. Leaned all heavy furniture against windows, sandbagged garage doors, just need to do front door.

a fuck ton of people got hurricane windows ~10 years ago.
worry about you

Finally lost power in Margate

that sucks
i'm assuming you're prepared to deal with it. you're on gaf

ionitron

My tree be falling down, been hearing thumps all night and a huge branch almost impaled my bro's room. Whole family is by the kitchen because it's the safest place. No power of course.

We dot even have the cone. Shit.

Machina

Banned
My tree be falling down, been hearing thumps all night and a huge branch almost impaled my bro's room. Whole family is by the kitchen because it's the safest place. No power of course.

We dot even have the cone. Shit.

You got a nice drop of whiskey or something handy?

Top Bottom