• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida man's first words after waking up from 48-day coma: "I want Taco Bell"

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Man-s-first-words-after-waking-up-from-48-day-7467337.php

A 35-year-old Florida man named Jake Booth woke up after 48 days in a coma, and as soon as he regained the ability to speak, he only had one simple request: "I want Taco Bell."

Back in February, the Army vet was suffering a debilitating bout of double pneumonia when he had a heart attack and went into a coma, per USA Today. After being taken to a Tampa area hospital, Booth remained unconscious for 47 days. On the 48th, seemingly almost miraculously, he woke up, still knowing who he was and who his family members were.

Though it took some time for him to regain his speech — a tracheotomy has hindered his abilities — when he finally did, he had only tacos on the brain.

"He actually said, out loud, 'I want Taco Bell,'" Booth's brother Jason Schwartz said. "That was the very first thing he said.
.. When he starts getting into a full sentence, he can't do it. But when he does one or two words at a time, you can definitely understand him. So when he asked for Taco Bell almost immediately, his friend Tyler definitely heard him say 'Taco Bell.' Tyler said, 'Do you want Taco Bell?' And Jake said, 'Yes.'"

Unfortunately, Booth wasn't able to eat solid food at the time — it would be another few weeks before that was a real option — but once he got clearance from his doctors, he went big. Like, eight-and-a-half tacos big.

uVrBapol.jpg

Feep

Banned
If some dude work up from a 48-day coma and told me wanted Taco Bell, I would scream, "GET THIS MAN SOME TACO BELL", and if no nurse was willing, I'd go out and get him 25 dollars of Taco Bell myself because goddammit he deserves it.

With Baja Blast obviously.

Philia

Personally I don't blame him. Hospital food is incredibly bland. Taco Bell has spices (besides the bad ones) that can give you the runs but, that's the point. The spices in the food is what really makes a person want to live.

RPGCrazied

After a heart attack? Mkay, no. I mean, don't get me wrong I love Taco Bell, but after something as serious as that, I wouldn't be touching it for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom