• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 11/12 |OT5| Manchester Fragrance: Channel N°5

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozo

fuckyesptjml.gif

when football was football

hope silva doesn't come off the bench, so I get the 10 points from walters I missed out on

add me to the list of celtic fans

faridmon

l3XJf.gif

At least we have won. 3 points baby! Suck it down haters.

we desperatly need Donovan at the right hand side, we can't even brake down the fullbacks

Ashes

Banned
didn't even notice the label on the perfume was changed to Manchester. And was I the only United fan who looked at the thread title and thought only Manchester United not city?

That Marchisio goal always gets me grinning. Beauty. Best I've seen in Serie A this season, and that includes the disallowed Osvaldo goal.

Yurt, now that we have Borriello and Caceres more or less on lock, any thoughts on David Pizarro reportedly coming to Juve on loan? Do you think we need to make any more signings this season?

You can tell that Conte/Marotta is absolutely frightened of not having enough options and depth in the second half of the season. It's the only thing that can ratioanlize the Pizarro move.

kharma45

So I missed most of the 2nd half of the United match. Is the general consenus that we were shite? I watched the highlights and my god Nani was dire. The same could go for most of the team bar Berba and Valencia. It was a silly penalty to give away and the second goal must go down to poor defending.

I think De Gea has been steadily improving as a keeper at United. He was coming out and claiming crosses. He seemed more capable of dealing with the physical challenges. Then he pulled that shit yesterday. I think he has the talent to become a fabullous keeper but right now Lindegaard is the safer option.

Blackburn played well and congrats to them. Still bitterly disappointed though.

I missed the whole game as I was out all day so had to rely on Match of the Day but De Gea's mistakes were very poor from what I saw. Whilst he undoubtedly has more potential than Lindegaard I'd rather see Anders in nets as he's more steady, reminds me a lot of Van der Sar whilst De Gea could turn into a Barthez, erratic at times but occasionally brilliant.

Also one major thing baffled me. Why in the name of all that's holy was Jones in the midfield and Carrick at CB?!

Clegg

I missed the whole game as I was out all day so had to rely on Match of the Day but De Gea's mistakes were very poor from what I saw. Whilst he undoubtedly has more potential than Lindegaard I'd rather see Anders in nets as he's more steady, reminds me a lot of Van der Sar whilst De Gea could turn into a Barthez, erratic at times but occasionally brilliant.

Also one major thing baffled me. Why in the name of all that's holy was Jones in the midfield and Carrick at CB?!

I think De Gea will be a better keeper than Barthez ever was. He's only 21 and will eventually iron out the problems he has.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
<3 cozo and Chriswok.

I loved all our old Kappa kits! I wish we could go back to them :/

yeah, mine too *trollface.jpg*

:(

That Marchisio goal always gets me grinning. Beauty. Best I've seen in Serie A this season, and that includes the disallowed Osvaldo goal.

Yurt, now that we have Borriello and Caceres more or less on lock, any thoughts on David Pizarro reportedly coming to Juve on loan? Do you think we need to make any more signings this season?

You can tell that Conte/Marotta is absolutely frightened of not having enough options and depth in the second half of the season. It's the only thing that can ratioanlize the Pizarro move.
I like Pizarro! I've always liked him!
He's pretty old compared to our other options though. Seems like a stopgap solution to me?

I think we're gonna be fine with Borriello, Caceres and Pizarro.
as long as they don't flop :p
I'm not sure if Borriello is here to be vice-Matri or vice-Pepe? His work rate is quite good for a striker of his size and he can play anywhere.

<3 cozo and Chriswok.

I loved all our old Kappa kits! I wish we could go back to them :/

I like Pizarro! I've always liked him!
he's pretty old compared to our other options though. Seems like a stopgap solution to me?

I think we're gonna be fine with Borriello, Caceres and Pizarro.
as long as they don't flop :p
I'm not sure if Borriello is here to be vice-Matri or vice-Pepe? His work rate is quite good for a striker of his size and he can play anywhere.

Vice-Vucinic/Pepe primarily, I think, and vice-Matri/Quagliarella if one of them gets injured.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mancini: "Balotelli smokes. Maybe 5-6 cigarettes a day but that's not good. I told him to quit."

Vice-Vucinic/Pepe primarily, I think, and vice-Matri/Quagliarella if one of them gets injured.

I have a feeling Marotta is hiding something :p

Edit: Alessio Tacchinardi:"Juve will get Caceres and Montolivo."

Pizarro is the better deep-lying midfielder, but I prefer Montolivo. He's young, and might improve under Pirlo.

Aye, they don't look like scoring. Once City break through I can't see them getting one back.

That's been the problem for us lately, the scoring has dried up a bit. We need to start nailing teams to the wall again, something we've struggled to do since Chelsea.

Mancini: "Balotelli smokes. Maybe 5-6 cigarettes a day but that's not good. I told him to quit."

I have a feeling Marotta is hiding something :p

Edit: Alessio Tacchinardi:"Juve will get Caceres and Montolivo."

Pizarro is the better deep-lying midfielder, but I prefer Montolivo. He's young, and might improve under Pirlo.

You mean that we might get somebody unexpected during the transfer window? I don't know who is available and who we would even need.

I also prefer Montolivo, but let's be real: it's either him or Pizarro.

Scum

Gomez is criminally underrated. Was he even nominated to the Ballon d'Or ?

If he wasn't, then that's a real shame. Maybe he should consider a name change.
Lionel Gomez, Ronaldo Gomez or Robin van Gomez...?

Fry

Was he even nominated to the Ballon d'Or ?

No, but Diego Forlan was. *sarcastic laugh*

Fry8's favourite City player Adam Johnson has been great so far. Cutting in, leaving defenders for dead, etc. YOU CANT HAVE HIM.

I was talking to myself here of how good he is.. I do that everytime he plays, since it's not much.
I think he should be a starter, he would grow into a beast of a player.

Arnie

Go read that 115 page report. You could do with some perspective.

Already read enough of it last night when Bungie was posting extracts in this thread. Thanks for the suggestion though. Keep them coming.

Sunderland looking compact here, making the game dull. City haven't shown enough guile to break them down. The game's begging for a Silva/Kun double substitution.

Already read enough of it last night when Bungie was posting extracts in this thread. Thanks for the suggestion though. Keep them coming.
Never wear grey when you have pale skin? You can have have that one on the house.

But yes, we hadn't shown enough yet. Aside from Johnson we look a little flat.

Arnie

Never wear grey when you have pale skin? You can have have that one on the house.

:lol

As freebies go that's on par with the little presents you get in christmas crackers.

But yes, we hadn't shown enough yet. Aside from Johnson we look a little flat.

Adam Johnson's good at burning players, he's tricky and direct, but his final product is still a bit rough. At his age though it's to be expected. Hell, Downing's 27 and he still struggles with the end product.

Adam Johnson's good at burning players, he's tricky and direct, but his final product is still a bit rough. At his age though it's to be expected. Hell, Downing's 27 and he still struggles with the end product.
No evidence of that today really. His crosses have been great, particularly that one following his impressive first touch on the sideline. Johnson's problem is drifting out of games and dropping his head when tackled and not recovering quickly. Ever since Mancini picked on him, he actually tracks back, which is a start haha.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not that I know of but then again, RVP wasn't nominated either.

Good shout!

If he wasn't, then that's a real shame. Maybe he should consider a name change.
Lionel Gomez, Ronaldo Gomez or Robin van Gomez...?

Or join Madrid or Barca lol

No, but Diego Forlan was. *sarcastic laugh*

I don't get it, he wasn't even that good in Copa America.

You mean that we might get somebody unexpected during the transfer window? I don't know who is available and who we would even need.

I also prefer Montolivo, but let's be real: it's either him or Pizarro.

It won't matter that much anyway, if Pirlo stays fit. But I don't trust the international friendlies/Prandelli :p

Arnie

No evidence of that today really. His crosses have been great, particularly that one following his impressive first touch on the sideline. Johnson's problem is drifting out of games and dropping his head when tackled and not recovering quickly. Ever since Mancini picked on him, he actually tracks back, which is a start haha.
Yes, he's been your best player today.

Aguero on, thank you Mancini. That's my sanity hopefully saved. Just give me goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom