• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 2011/12 |OT3| Not as good as the Pig & Whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

Regulus Tera said:
So the soccer got dropped in the end?

Well, it has its own thread.

Can't find it now, but I remember someone wanted to separate and made another thread just for US soccer. Then we got the sticky. heh.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Rikkun said:
Well, it has its own thread.

Can't find it now, but I remember someone wanted to separate and made another thread just for US soccer. Then we got the sticky. heh.
I always thought it was counterproductive to put MLS on its own thread. The good thing about the football thread compared to all the other sports threads is that it's inclusive and inviting to anyone who likes the sport.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
adriano999 said:
ParodiaRonaldo.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'd love to see the MLS guys post here again! It's always interesting to read about all the different leagues.

I enjoy Mexican-GAF posts. :p

Rikkun

Yurt said:
I'd love to see the MLS guys post here again! It's always interesting to read about all the different leagues.

I enjoy Mexican-GAF posts. :p

I'd like some J-League talk!
But I've never seen a J-match, Sky could give me some love :(

Sooo.. after Messi vs. Zidane we should list out the best GK!

I'll go with Superman. By far the best I've ever seen with my eyes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rikkun said:
I'd like some J-League talk!
But I've never seen a J-match, Sky could give me some love :(

Sooo.. after Messi vs. Zidane we should list out the best GK!

I'll go with Superman. By far the best I've ever seen with my eyes.

buffon6rg4.jpg

He's still rusty from his year long injuries but he's slowly coming back <3

I'm clearly biased though :p

Turok_TTZ

First time posting in this thread.

I thought my team were in some kind of mini crisis but it seems my concerns were nothing to be concerned with. Real madrid did good though the beginning was piss poor. Sad to see lass in a rough patch of form but no surprise. lack of preseason training as well as minutes have proven costly for him. Kaka did excellent. Most impressed with Benz and Varane. Though I am Real Madrid fan, am not liking CR7. wasteful in freekicks and against Rayo proved it.

rodvik

Yeah the new shit. Love the title. Grats to Stoke today, have ti say Nani is on fire though, its amazing how well he is playing.

Villa vs QPR tomorrow I hope for nothing less than a complete demolition of QPR. Suicide watch if we lose.

Dash Kappei

Turok_TTZ said:
First time posting in this thread.

I thought my team were in some kind of mini crisis but it seems my concerns were nothing to be concerned with. Real madrid did good though the beginning was piss poor. Sad to see lass in a rough patch of form but no surprise. lack of preseason training as well as minutes have proven costly for him. Kaka did excellent. Most impressed with Benz and Varane. Though I am Real Madrid fan, am not liking CR7. wasteful in freekicks and against Rayo proved it.
GO MOU GO

Altazor

Sign me up as a Liverpool FC supporter :D

Happy about the victory against Wolves, though I think the team played badly during the 2nd half. That kind of worries me - it happened against Sunderland and now with Wolves... then again, it was still a MUCH better performance than last week's disaster, and for that alone I'm grateful.

That, and Steve Gerrard, Gerrard :D :D

GorillaJu

This thread is still a soccer thread. Same game whatever you call it.

Seems silly that a largely US-based forum doesn't use 'soccer' in the thread title. Whether it's the PL, Bundesliga or whatever, to Americans (a majority of members) it's still 'soccer.'

odd_morsel said:
This thread is still a soccer thread. Same game whatever you call it.

Seems silly that a largely US-based forum doesn't use 'soccer' in the thread title. Whether it's the PL, Bundesliga or whatever, to Americans (a majority of members) it's still 'soccer.'

It's a largely US-Based forum, but this isn't a largely US based thread. Even less so since a lot of our American cohorts went off and made a specific MLS/US Soccer thread. And people did vote to drop Soccer from the title. I counted at least 10 votes at the end of the last thread and only 1 for keeping it. It'd still be there if the character limit wasn't so short, so blame the forum. :D

GorillaJu

Dark Machine said:
It's a largely US-Based forum, but this isn't a largely US based thread. Even less so since a lot of our American cohorts went off and made a specific MLS/US Soccer thread. And people did vote to drop Soccer from the title. I counted at least 10 votes at the end of the last thread and only 1 for keeping it. It'd still be there if the character limit wasn't so short, so blame the forum. :D
Soccer is just American English. NeoGAF is in essence an American forum. That my logic, but I understand your argument as well. I guess it means if we have a good OT title like we have it's all worth it in the end :)

Dash Kappei

Blablurn said:
lol, one of those bayern players in the gif is in jail. and the rest had a terrible terrible year. at least we didnt lose 5:2 to schalke
Inter as a whole went to jail from that week till yesterday (hopefully) so I feel you mate :(

I knew what I was gettin into when I posted that gif instead of Milito's fuck-you-in-the-ass 1-0 in the final, but man that comeback was fuckin' sweeeeeeeeeet :D

Oh god what a feeling, it was glorious I tell ya.
I remember you were in China and woke up like at 3 am just to watch, so I didn't want rub it in and in the end you were like "congrats Inter", and I was like "good dude, glad I didn't call him out then". Lol, we should've lost that game 5-3 going by goal attempts but, you know, "FOOTBALL!11!!" (done in Madden's voice)

Dash Kappei

Let's post 3 (or less) players you would like to see come over from another league (even if that'll never happen)

to Serie A, from:

EPL: David Silva, Suarez, Rooney.

Liga: Xavi, Sanchez (lol), Messi

Ligue 1: Hazard, Pastore (lol), Bastos

Primeira Liga: Hulk, Cardozo, ?

Bundes: Robben, Shweinsteiger, Kagawa

Russian PL: FUCK OFF

Blablurn

Dash Kappei said:
Inter as a whole went to jail from that week till yesterday (hopefully) so I feel you mate :(

I knew what I was gettin into when I posted that gif instead of Milito's fuck-you-in-the-ass 1-0 in the final, but man that comeback was fuckin' sweeeeeeeeeet :D

Oh god what a feeling, it was glorious I tell ya.
I remember you were in China and woke up like at 3 am just to watch, so I didn't want rub it in and in the end you were like "congrats Inter", and I was like "good dude, glad I didn't call him out then". Lol, we should've lost that game 5-3 going by goal attempts but, you know, "FOOTBALL!11!!" (done in Madden's voice)

exactly, its football. and well, we didnt deserve it that day. just like in the champions league final. happens.

but im optimistic about this season. we look awesome right now... but we have to wait till tuesday to see how good we really are. city will be the most importang game of the season so far.

Joe

2011/12 Serie A Wages

Atalanta - €21.8m
Bologna - €23.7
Cagliari - €20
Catania - €18.6
Cesena - €14
Chievo - €14.2
Fiorentina - €37
Genoa - €36
Inter - €145
Juventus - €100
Lazio - €50.2
Lecce - €13.8
Milan - €160
Napoli - €41.2
Novara - €9.8
Palermo - €26
Parma - €23
Roma - €76.5
Siena - €23
Udinese - €21.7

dschalter

Joe said:
2011/12 Serie A Wages

Atalanta - €21.8m
Bologna - €23.7
Cagliari - €20
Catania - €18.6
Cesena - €14
Chievo - €14.2
Fiorentina - €37
Genoa - €36
Inter - €145
Juventus - €100
Lazio - €50.2
Lecce - €13.8
Milan - €160
Napoli - €41.2
Novara - €9.8
Palermo - €26
Parma - €23
Roma - €76.5
Siena - €23
Udinese - €21.7

udinese are so amazing. really hard not pull at least somewhat for a club that has done so much with so little.

and yeah, our wage budget is silly (though i've seen it as closer to inter elsewhere). our scrubs in particular are quite overpaid.

Dash Kappei

Blablurn said:
exactly, its football. and well, we didnt deserve it that day. just like in the champions league final. happens.

but im optimistic about this season. we look awesome right now... but we have to wait till tuesday to see how good we really are. city will be the most importang game of the season so far.
Now, now, get real Bla :p

Edit: Oh, I geddit now, what a fool I totally misunderstood the reply, thought you were saying you guys shouldn't have lost. I honestly think you did deserve it that day then, just that luck wasn't on your side

sohois

great thread title. seems i missed united getting fucked over by Stoke and the ref just as Liverpool were if the posts in the the ot2 are anything to go by. Don't really have anything else to add, just wanted to get a post in the new thread.

Dash Kappei

dschalter said:
udinese are so amazing. really hard not pull at least somewhat for a club that has done so much with so little.

and yeah, our wage budget is silly (though i've seen it as closer to inter elsewhere). our scrubs in particular are quite overpaid.
Stop rubbin it in, you know exactly why is that!
We don't have Eto'ooooh anymore, that's the reason you (ugly) cousins were closer to us before

:-/

Lunchbox

Banned
Error said:
Zidane was great player, but Messi is better than him.
call us back when he wins the world cup single handedly, beats brazil twice in the knockout stages by himself, and stops diving

dont worry, i wont hold my breath

madmackem

Joe said:
2011/12 Serie A Wages

Atalanta - €21.8m
Bologna - €23.7
Cagliari - €20
Catania - €18.6
Cesena - €14
Chievo - €14.2
Fiorentina - €37
Genoa - €36
Inter - €145
Juventus - €100
Lazio - €50.2
Lecce - €13.8
Milan - €160
Napoli - €41.2
Novara - €9.8
Palermo - €26
Parma - €23
Roma - €76.5
Siena - €23
Udinese - €21.7

Wow some low ones and some very very high ones, my team had a wage bill of around £40m i think so that would put it up there with some of the top ones in italy.

Salazar

sohois said:
great thread title. seems i missed united getting fucked over by Stoke and the ref just as Liverpool were if the posts in the the ot2 are anything to go by.

Owen wasn't the right choice. Talented though the man remains, Welbeck has the physique and speed we needed. And we messed about with too much lofted stuff. Stoke will barge, push, kick, pull, and outjump us to 50-50s.

God only knows how you solve a problem like Stoke's throws, corners, and free-kicks, with a new weapon like Crouch. De Gea did bloody well.

And yes, the ref was a useless sack of shit.

dschalter

Lunchbox said:
call us back when he wins the world cup single handedly, beats brazil twice in the knockout stages by himself, and stops diving

dont worry, i wont hold my breath

yes zidane, what a great individual, man of high moral character.

also, that france team was fantastic. what he did in 2006 was more impressive than 1998 really.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Error said:
Messi can't carry a team? I think you should watch the Supercopa. Messi carried Barcelona to that trophy. 5 goals 3 from Messi, the other 2 were assisted by him.

at 24 years, Zidane didn't do the stuff Messi does. Not even Maradona. Btw, before Maradona won the WC, he was crucified whenever he played for the NT for the same reason Messi does whenever he plays for Argentina. Then look what happened after 86, I think people should give him time. Messi is still young and still has 2 WCs to play at a high level.

Barcelona wouldn't be anywhere this good if it wasn't for Messi. They could still win titles, I'm sure, but they wouldn't be as scary as they are now with Messi.

Zidane was great player, but Messi is better than him.
Messi might be more technically gifted, but what he lacks that Zidane had in spades was leadership on the field.

Wilbur

Banned
IceCold said:
Imo players like C. Ronaldo and Messi can only really be on the same level as great players like Ronaldo, Zidane or Maradona once they carry their national teams to a World Cup win. So far they are simply amazing players that under perform at the national level.

Can't say I agree anymore in the slightest. The only thing that the World Cup has over the other competitions is more pressure and audience. The winner of the World Cup is basically the team who gels the quickest despite only having got together a week before the tournament. It's an amalgamation of players who will win, not a team. I don't see how Spain beating Paraguay or Angola, then facing Germany and Holland (great individuals but will never be as good a team as their clubs) is the same as Barcelona beating Madrid and Man United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom