• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Kyoufu

Yeah I want a Bayern/Chelsea final purely because I know a Madrid/Barca final would be memorable for all the wrong reasons. Maybe Madrid/Chelsea.

Chelsea in the final is a massive blow to our CL hopes so F that!

Why do you hate us so much Hixx :(

Slizz

Can't wait for this pork sandwich I'm gonna get after this class for this CL game.

$2.50 for a whole sandwich??? Can't beat it, especially when it's direct from the butcher.

It's the drink they snag you on, same price as the sandwich for a Mexican soda.

jarritos1.jpg

They are sooo good though.

Clegg

I have a bad feeling that this Gaitan story is going to be another

The story will run throughout the Summer with newspapers rehashing old articles again and again. And in the end he won't sign.

The story will run throughout the Summer with newspapers rehashing old articles again and again. And in the end he won't sign.
I'd be happy with that. Don't want us to spend anywhere close to £20M on him.

WJD

I'm going to assume you mean Sneijder!

Don't really see why you'd have a bad feeling about it either - he just seems like an unnecessary signing.

Clegg

I'm going to assume you mean Sneijder!

Don't really see why you'd have a bad feeling about it either - he just seems like an unnecessary signing.

Thats strange. I definitely typed Sneijder into the post.

And I agree with Viva.

There are better players we could spend £20m on.

Where is my Iker Muniain hype train at?

This is a good article on Barca tactics

_59660626_barcelona_getty.jpg

The five-second rule: when to press and when to drop off

Barcelona are devastating in attack but their ability to win the ball back swiftly is vital to their success. Albert Capellas, formerly of Barca's famed La Masia academy, told me of the "five-second rule", where the team press their opponents immediately on losing possession but then drop deep if they fail to regain it within five seconds. Barca then wait for precise triggers to press again. If a pass bounces off a foot, or an attacker needs to look down at the ball - as soon as their opponents' options are limited, Barca pounce again.

Chelsea must therefore prioritise holding the ball when they win it and breaking Barca's rhythm.
Equally, they must not be afraid to fight fire with fire and deny Victor Valdes, Gerard Pique and others the chance to take the ball into midfield and on to the "passing carousel", as Sir Alex Ferguson describes it. The goalkeeper and the back four rarely punt the ball long, so if Chelsea can force hurried clearances, their greater physicality gives them a chance to regain possession.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17656980

Wilbur

Banned
We shouldn't spend more than £10m on a back up winger considering we'll still have Giggs, Valencia, Young and Nani next year, maybe Park and Welbeck who can play wide as well, plus whatever youth comes through.

A winger for that and under, a striker for the same price and £30 - 40m on a centre midfielder would be great.

Carbonox

Oddly in the mood to consume copious amounts of Tennant's Super whilst watching the Champion's League game. Then I just remembered I have football training today. Bleh.

Stoked about the game tonight. I know that no matter what, we're gonna see some great football!!! (I hope :p )

New thread too, these move fast huh? o_O

thaOwner

HALA MADRID

Exciting game today. Its too bad I will miss the whole first half and 20 minutes of the second half. Hopefully ill make it home just in time to see some goals.

rififi

Wrong. Nothing to do after day 3.

Depends on how old you are, and what you like to do. If you are young and enjoy being awake from midnight until the sun rises again, then Madrid is better than any other city in Spain.
Plus there are still lots of things to see around Madrid, outside of the main city - there are just no beaches.

Oh and holy shit at the Messyrion picture, lol.

Carbonox

Spurs fans will want Chelsea to not get to the final either seeing as they want top 4 and a Champion's League spot too.

Greatest race for a top 4 ever? Especially given a total outsider (Newcastle) being in the mix.

elsk

Banned
No one likes the German one either haha. DRAW

Hardly. Badstuber, Alaba, Contento, Kroos, Mueller, Lahm, Schweini all are Bayern products. We're more like Barcelona if anything.

Hummels is coming back as Piqué did. BELIEVE
no, he is not :(

panty

Hardly. Badstuber, Alaba, Contento, Kroos, Mueller, Lahm, Schweini all are Bayern products. We're more like Barcelona if anything.

Hummels is coming back as Piqué did. BELIEVE
no, he is not :(

LOL

Seriously.

I'm still mad at you :mad

Kyoufu

Spurs fans will want Chelsea to not get to the final either seeing as they want top 4 and a Champion's League spot too.

Greatest race for a top 4 ever? Especially given a total outsider (Newcastle) being in the mix.

As Hixx said, our fixtures are tough...

We literally have to win all 5 remaining games and hope the others drop points. Wigan was a start last night but we still have to win our own games. Wigan will be a tough away game, as will Chelsea... and City at home... yikes...

I have faith. Remember, every season I follow the PL, Man United have won the league and we've qualified for CL.

Top Bottom