• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you say that?

Most financial reports have them as the second highest paying football club in the world on average, paying an average salary of £90k a week.

Can't be precisely sure but definitely they pay in the same sphere as City, Chelsea and Barca do. So £120k a week for Sahin is not at all surprising, considering his quality and that they signed him at a low price meaning he could easily negotiate a good contract.

I said than people would believe. They don't pay City wages at all and the only player who makes more than Torres is Ronaldo. Xabi Alonso joined on a £80k deal iirc and is yet to sign a new contract. That's someone who was a former Spanish POTY, a CL winner and was part of the Sociedad side that almost beat Real Madrid to the title.

Spanish salary averages are skewed because they're restricted to 25 players in a squad and in the case of Real and Barca, most are making alot, but nothing mind-blowing.

Hixx

Phil Thompson is such a moron.

'[Skrtel] didn't see him!'

Because that makes it not a penalty, you fucking cocknosed idiot?

qindarka

Banned
I always thought Cole did well for Chelsea. Sure his time was injury plagued and he apparently didn't fulfill his potential because expectations for him were ludicrously high but I thought he was a good player. He did win Chelsea Player of the Year once after all.

I said than people would believe. They don't pay City wages at all and the only player who makes more than Torres is Ronaldo. Xabi Alonso joined on a £80k deal iirc and is yet to sign a new contract. That's someone who was a former Spanish POTY, a CL winner and was part of the Sociedad side that almost beat Real Madrid to the title.

Spanish salary averages are skewed because they're restricted to 25 players in a squad and in the case of Real and Barca, most are making alot, but nothing mind-blowing.
For the 2010/2011 season their wage bill was £185m - figure taken from their official accounts.

In a squad of 25 players, it averages out to well over £100k a week.

They pay alot of money, definitely in the same ball park as Barca, City and Chelsea. (Edit - for reference, in the same year CFC's wage bill was £191m and City's £174m)

And if the wage bill is skewed...surely it's skewed in favour of players earning more? Their total wage bill is similar, in some cases greater, than other clubs...but the squad is smaller.

Garjon

God, Jaaskelainen is a pale of his former self, what a horrible mistake to make. Not exactly going to help his confidence there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom