• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Chicharito can get some playing time with the sub team in October once we've clinched qualification.
Wut? It's you guys who cringe, as USA and Mexico would most likely not qualify ;)
Pretty much everyone on this side of the isthmus is in favour of the merging. And seriously, you think Mexico wouldn't qualify when we would have like eight automatic spots?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol what did he say today? I haven't heard the podcast.

havnt heard but he's a fakeass JT who (im sure) expected to roll us. I cant stand that shit he says at the end of his show. fake coke bottle glass'd perra, lol.

I cant wait to watch fuera de juego later to see if he's on it. See Uruguay and us always fight for dat last repechage spot. They get to play their brothers EVERY fucking last fixture (ARG) and if tina is in already they let them win. Im not fucking kidding either.

Ironically we might qualify with an Argentine coach. funny shit is pekerman has a Colombin daughter lol. damn too drunk to type on phone...

clemenx

Banned
Ah I'm just being unfriendly :(

I honestly don't know much about the matter, but I was under the impression that Conmebol fans don't care, lol.

Either way it's not happening in a million years.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
You are the first South American I've met who doesn't cringe at the thought.

I'm pretty sure CONCACAF are the ones that cringe at the thought of merging. their top teams would have serious problems qualifying for the WC.

The Copa America would be huge though, probably comparable to Eurocup in terms of scope and the teams that play in the tournament, plus CONCACAF wouldn't be able to handicap their own teams with shitty limitations just so that the Gold Cup doesn't lose prestige.

I'm pretty sure CONCACAF are the ones that cringe at the thought of merging. their top teams would have serious problems qualifying for the WC.

The Copa America would be huge though, probably comparable to Eurocup in terms of scope and the teams that play in the tournament, plus CONCACAF wouldn't be able to handicap their own teams with shitty limitations just so that the Gold Cup doesn't lose prestige.

lol

Perro

Chicharito can get some playing time with the sub team in October once we've clinched qualification.

Pretty much everyone on this side of the isthmus is in favour of the merging. And seriously, you think Mexico wouldn't qualify when we would have like eight automatic spots?
I think Mexico is the only CONCACAF team that would make it, maybe USA but Honduras and Costa Rica? no

elsk

Banned

Nope really. Eventually all the teams would manage to get better, just like Venezuela and other countries are doing. And merging would translate in more spots. México would qualify for sure, the rest would have problems (at least at first).

In the long run, it would be great for the Central American countries.

I think Mexico is the only CONCACAF team that would make it, maybe USA but Honduras and Costa Rica? no

Pfff, Honduras 3rd place Copa América 2001. haha

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Wut? It's you guys who cringe, as USA and Mexico would most likely not qualify ;)

the nads would never qualify however Mexico would. Mexico can beat most CONMEBOL teams other than Argentina.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
We already have serious problems qualifying. lol Mexico was almost out before the final phase last cycle. Thankfully our team today doesn't suck.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Lol El Salvador couldn't beat Guyana.

We already have serious problems qualifying. lol Mexico was almost out before the final phase last cycle. Thankfully our team today doesn't suck.

Imagine Messi being hacked in T&T with a central referee from Dominican Republic.

Error

Well it's their federation tournament isn't it? allowing Mexico and the USA to use their best teams in Copa America would make the Gold Cup pointless. Which is why CONCACAF came up with this ridiculous handicap of only allowing sub-21 players or something for their teams in the last Copa America.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well it's their federation tournament isn't it? allowing Mexico and the USA to use their best teams in Copa America would make the Gold Cup pointless.
Nobody over here thinks the Gold Cup is prestigious at all. We see it more as a venue to qualify for Confederations Cup than an actual title worth winning.
Imagine Messi being hacked in T&T with a central referee from Dominican Republic.
It's not that different down there to be fair.

elsk

Banned

The idea would be dropping the caribbean countries (except Jamaica).
USA, Canadá, México, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panamá + CONMEBOL.

Nobody over here thinks the Gold Cup is prestigious at all. We see it more as a venue to qualify for Confederations Cup than an actual title worth winning.

Like the Concachampions :p

The idea would be dropping the caribbean countries (except Jamaica).
USA, Canadá, México, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panamá + CONMEBOL.

Like the Concachampions :p

2 groups of 9 with the top 4 teams in each group qualifying. Could work pretty well actually.

Mumei

Can anyone remember if the CL match between Dinamo Zagred and Maribor on 8/29 was any good?

I know that is a long time ago in Footie-GAF years but I assume someone can remember.

elsk

Banned
Can anyone remember if the CL match between Dinamo Zagred and Maribor on 8/29 was any good?

I know that is a long time ago in Footie-GAF years but I assume someone can remember.

I don't even know what a Maribor is.

elsk

Banned
Result after googling Maribor:

simonca.jpg

I WILL NEVER GO THERE.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Pfff, so did Peru in Copa América 2011 and look at us nao LOOK AT US

we had like 5 times more shots than the chicha moradas ( :) ) and falcao missed a penalty...

Mexico would have the only chance of concacaf teams. the us will never permit the merge they got dat money...

they lost to JA FUCKING COOL RUNNINGS

elsk

Banned
we had like 5 times more shots than the chicha moradas ( :) ) and falcao missed a penalty...

Mexico would have the only chance of concacaf teams. the us will never permit the merge they got dat money...

Yeah, actually USA is the most likely to stop any talks about a merge.

Error

Klinsmann is a shit coach, I don't know what the US was thinking. Bradley already knew the players, didn't understand that change.

elsk

Banned
Klinsmann is a shit coach, I don't know what the US was thinking. Bradley already knew the players, didn't understand that change.

Hahahaha, actually I think Klinsmann is good for everything but coaching. He surely is making changes in the youth structure of football in the USA and in the long run that is going to be a key aspect. But yeah, he's shit as coach, should've kept Bradley and signed Klinsmann as Sporting Director.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Nope really. Eventually all the teams would manage to get better, just like Venezuela and other countries are doing. And merging would translate in more spots. México would qualify for sure, the rest would have problems (at least at first).

In the long run, it would be great for the Central American countries.

Pfff, Honduras 3rd place Copa América 2001. haha

who won that copa america? who got you to Sud Africa 2010?

Perro

Yeah, Falcao was already considered a cagon pecho frio :). I don't how we won that match we really did not deserved it, but oh well ASI ES EL FUTBOL.
Falcao scored today, didn't he? and also Teo (who i kinda hate). That's not good news for us.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
HOLY SHIT. I just saw the Jamaica v USA result.

Real danger of not qualifying if they don't get a result on tuesday.
They lost against their strongest opponent in the group while away. USA, despite its weak links, is better than Antigua & Barbuda and Guatemala. The Hexagonal will be a whole 'nother beast, but they are not in any real danger right now.

neoanarch

They lost against their strongest opponent in the group while away. USA, despite its weak links, is better than Antigua & Barbuda and Guatemala. The Hexagonal will be a whole 'nother beast, but they are not in any real danger right now.

Danger.

At best they get a 3 way tie with Guatemala 1st on GD.

There is something seriously wrong with the Mexican attack and I hope it gets sorted. Chicharito had horrible service all night. I don't care who was up front we never would have scored from open play. He had one decent shot that looked better than it was. If it was on target it would have been blocked.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Hahaha. Fucking CONMEBOL, could've invited us to at least one more Copa América after finishing 3rd in our first and only appearance :(

You guys beat the overhyped spanish in the olympics thats a damn good sign. Plus I heard girls from honduras have such good bodies cuz they eat fish a lot.
im out

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Danger.

At best they get a 3 way tie with Guatemala 1st on GD.
They have Jamaica and Guatemala at home and Antigua & Barbuda while away. You really think they won't get at least six points (the amount Mexico needed in order to qualify four years ago) from that?

neoanarch

They have Jamaica and Guatemala at home and Antigua & Barbuda while away. You really think they won't get at least six points (the amount Mexico needed in order to qualify four years ago) from that?

The way the US has been playing. Yeah. There are a few scenarios from here on out where they could fail to qualify. They need to win all three remaining matches.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The way the US has been playing. Yeah. There are a few scenarios from here on out where they could fail to qualify. They need to win all three remaining matches.
B-But they beat Mexico at the Azteca and Italy in Genoa!! And they have Klinsmann coaching them with attacking football!!!!

There is something seriously wrong with the Mexican attack and I hope it gets sorted. Chicharito had horrible service all night. I don't care who was up front we never would have scored from open play. He had one decent shot that looked better than it was. If it was on target it would have been blocked.
It's called not having a decent enganche because fucking Chepo played Chicharito and Oribe together instead of Marco Fabián and one of the two together.

B-But they beat Mexico at the Azteca and Italy in Genoa!! And they have Klinsmann coaching them with attacking football!!!!

It's called not having a decent enganche because fucking Chepo played Chicharito and Oribe together instead of Marco Fabián and one of the two together.

The US definitely needs to get away from the college system where they treat it as a seasonal sport. The sport is too global for that to work.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The US definitely needs to get away from the college system where they treat it as a seasonal sport. The sport is too global for that to work.
None of the USMNT players come from any colleges. The problem with them right now is... well, their current player pool is just awful besides some standouts here and there. And, well, Klinsmann is a hack.

MPW

usa will easily make it to the next round

canada needs to beat cuba and hope panama beats honduras

Zabojnik

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
usa will easily make it to the next round

canada needs to beat cuba and hope panama beats honduras

thats barca-esque of you...however I have my doubts. they played like complete shit vs mexico and losing to jamaicans concretes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom