• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
usa will easily make it to the next round

canada needs to beat cuba and hope panama beats honduras

index.php

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Is neymar always shit or does brazil just struggle against african teams
This Brazil struggles against everyone.
Yeah, but I don't want Panamá to qualify. Most of their players look like douchebags.
Dude, I'm trying to be supportive of both Honduras and Panama here. Don't make it difficult for me.
I don't know, Wilbury has always seemed weirder to me. Or I am just desensitized to Wooden's antics.

Anyway, with all this CONCACAF talk: Is it a league worth watching?
Matches can get pretty tense during qualification. Just don't expect amazing displays of technical prowess.

I suggest you watch some of the CONMEBOL qualifiers from today. Great shit.

Mumei

Matches can get pretty tense during qualification. Just don't expect amazing displays of technical prowess.

I suggest you watch some of the CONMEBOL qualifiers from today. Great shit.

I should just stop asking until I buy those silly premium channels, shouldn't I?

Anyway, looking forward to watching Stuttgart vs Bayern from earlier in the week.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
CONCACAF is not a league, it's a federation made up of Central, North America and Caribbean countries.

they play qualifiers to get into the next world cup which in 2014

The federations are: CONMEBOL (South America countries) CONCACAF (mentioned above) UEFA (European countries) the asian one, which name escapes me at the moment, and the african one which I think is CAF. Dunno if I'm missing one.

Lunchbox

Banned
Menezes' Brazil is shit. Dunga's Brazil would kill this team.

Dunga's Brazil was the best counterattacking team I've ever seen.

dunga managed that 2010 team better than anyone couldve

buh buh but we are brazil, we play to the samba beat, bitch bitch bitch. if they opened their eyes and realized that they had robinho, melo and that useless fat fuck kaka instead of Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo, they wouldve appreciated what dunga got out of that limited talent team.

luis fabiano also played the tournament of his life. 2014 is gonna be a rude awakening for these deluded fans who wanted dunga out before brazil were even eliminated

Fry

Dunga's management was great. But the squad he put together for the WC 2010 was a big, big, big JOKE.

Zamparini: “Why did we sell Silvestre? It wasn’t for money, but because I just didn’t like him. We conceded a lot of goals with him in defence, so we gave him to Inter."

Zamps <3

Thiago was back in Milanello a few days ago. In order to undergo physiotherapy, though. :(

Pre

If we lose to Jamaica again on Tuesday, I want Klinsmann's ass on a platter. What a fucking hack. Those who warned that he's just a motivational speaker who owes his success to Low were dead-fucking-on.

I don't give a shit about beating Italy in Genoa and beating Mexico in Azteca. Not really. I'm proud of those wins, but friendlies don't count for shit. Qualifiers do. We can pull out all the wins we want in friendlies, but it disgusts me that we can't turn in even a half-assed performance once we're playing an opponent that is actually motivated.

Klinsmann has no idea what he is doing. His player selection is mind-blowing. His tactics are non-existent. He wants us to play a following, attacking style... and trots out three defensive midfielders game after game. Clint Dempsey hasn't played in three months, and yet he was out there for the full 90 minutes. Hercules Gomez is not a fucking winger. Kyle Beckerman should not sniff the field against a team that relies on speed. Half the team these days gets played out of position.

At least Bob Bradley knew how to utilize his personnel. We used to be a solid counter team that worked hard and managed to be more than the sum of its meager parts.

I'm still confident we can make it out of the group, but the Hex is a different beast entirely.

Hiring Klinsmann was a monumental mistake.

dunga managed that 2010 team better than anyone couldve

buh buh but we are brazil, we play to the samba beat, bitch bitch bitch. if they opened their eyes and realized that they had robinho, melo and that useless fat fuck kaka instead of Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo, they wouldve appreciated what dunga got out of that limited talent team.

luis fabiano also played the tournament of his life. 2014 is gonna be a rude awakening for these deluded fans who wanted dunga out before brazil were even eliminated

This is what they have now I'm not convinced its better

Starters from yesterday
...............Alves
Alves........Luiz.....Dede......Marcelo
Lucas......Ramires....Romulo......Neymar
.....................Oscar
......................Liandro

Lucas was also shit as was neymar and oscar

This is what they have now I'm not convinced its better

Starters from yesterday
...............Alves
Alves........Luiz.....Dede......Marcelo
Lucas......Ramires....Romulo......Neymar
.....................Oscar
......................Liandro

Lucas was also shit as was neymar and oscar

Lol, they had a Spartak Moscow player in their starting line up. Confirmed to be shit.

Salazar

The childlike internet fury roused by the sight of ClevGod has made the int. break worthwhile.

MANC CONSPIRACY. SPEARING IS BETTER.

Fry

Hey Fry what are the settings you use for your .gifs? Assuming you use photoshop, I'd love to have a screenshot of the save page.

I only use PS when I want to put text. But there really isn't any specific settings; I use Jasc Animation Shop, usually put 426x240 resolution, the rest is goes by itself. I usually try getting HD videos from youtube, so I can re-size all the pictures and get a higher quality GIF.

For example, this was the source of my gif:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPFw01HDEk0&hd=1

pulga

Banned

Hung out by the mexican barra today, funniest shit I've seen in a while :lol Tengo "Cielito Lindo" trabado en la cabeza. Congrats, Regulus and Mexico-GAF. Very disappointed in Chicharito, I wanted that volley to go in so bad :(

FootballFan

Great free kick but why is the goalkeeper so far from the most obvious side the ball is going?

His positioning is perfect, Buffon/Casillas like, it was all Messi, alright ? :mad:

lol

edit
But seriously, his positioning is fine, if he stood any further to our right, he wouldn't be able to see the ball through the wall(which means obviously later reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom