• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Meier

I would say 9/10 football shirts I see in the US are Barca (either with Messi's name on the back or none at all). It's so obnoxious, ugh. I know there are some very passionate fans in here, but I just can't get behind someone randomly liking a really fucking great team unless they have some modicum of connection to them. It's too easy.

I saw a guy wearing a Liverpool shirt at the UT (American) football game on Saturday. Had Agger on the back -- told him, "Nice shirt" (it really is quite sharp) and complimented him on his player selection. He had some proper footballer hair too, this kid.

Bento

Big Boss, Keit, Bento, G-Unit
Meh, I don't consider defensive fotball (or parking the bus as I called it) anti-fotball, it's a valid tactic (especially against a team like Barca) but that doesn't change the fact that it's not particuarly enjoyable to watch as a neutral. However when employed by the team I'm cheering on (Sweden vs Argentina 2002 says hello) I'm ofc totally fine with it :p

Wilbur

Banned
And I stand by my word, I dislike that kind of football. But I didn't say a word about it today, or yesterday, or in the past 2 weelks, yet you call me like I did. I'm sorry but you started bashing because you wanted, not because many people said a thing. Now you man up

EJnkB.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Calcio means football in Italian lol, I am sure you meant Catenaccio(when teams go ultra defensive).

Nah I know what calcio means, but I remember a post saying something like "go back to 'calcio' thats exciting"

The implication is that Italian football is boring as fuck WHEN COMPARED TO BARCELONA

Watch Roma, G-Unit. Watch Roma.

They actually win by scoring before the last minute as well.

Messi

I would say 9/10 football shirts I see in the US are Barca (either with Messi's name on the back or none at all). It's so obnoxious, ugh. I know there are some very passionate fans in here, but I just can't get behind someone randomly liking a really fucking great team unless they have some modicum of connection to them. It's too easy.

I saw a guy wearing a Liverpool shirt at the UT (American) football game on Saturday. Had Agger on the back -- told him, "Nice shirt" (it really is quite sharp) and complimented him on his player selection. He had some proper footballer hair too, this kid.

I have a Tello kit, do I qualify?

Thought Cleverley was pretty poor his awesome cross aside. Really was a wonderful cross though.

Hernandez was class. Great movement and he was even good off the ball. Some great link up and dribbles.

Soi-Fong

I never see Xavi or Iniesta... Dumb really, Barca isn't all about Messi.

Though, honestly in my Uni, the most I've seen are Chelsea jerseys. Swear to god they're all over the place and only because they won the CL.

Clegg

So why exactly do United keep conceding first?

Thats eight times in twelve games now.

Is it bad coaching, bad players, lack of concentration, all three?

Timurid

I know this guy who considers himself a diehard barca fan, but his only barca shirt has Ibra on it. LMAO

Jensen

I don't know where you live, so I don't want to sound too patronising, but in the UK, outside of the legions of glory hunting gorps lining the country, United are by far the most despised football team.

It has nothing to do with people not liking Liverpool, that's a completely separate point, and not one I'm contesting.
I would write a reply to this post but honestly I don't even know why I responded to the first post, it's a silly point to contest. I don't know which team is more detested, from personal experience I would imagine both are equally despised but my location makes me biased so you can throw that evidence away.

If you ever conduct a statistical experiment into which team is more despised then we can come to a definite conclusion but until then we will just have to accept both our positions hold no merit.

Wilbur

Banned
Thought Cleverley was pretty poor his awesome cross aside. Really was a wonderful cross though.

Hernandez was class. Great movement and he was even good off the ball. Some great link up and dribbles.

Agreed, yeah. Kept giving the ball away.

Hernandez was brilliant; all too often it feels like we're playing with 10 men though, if he can keep it up it would be great.

All of them. Phelan isn't a patch on Queiroz concerning training.

I don't want Fergie to completely drop the idea of a diamond, but we need a full strength squad, practise and ultimately better midfielders to support Kagawa, Rooney and RVP.

Well it has to be all 3 but it comes down to concentration mostly.

Consistently bad concentration makes a poor player and continuous mistakes makes a bad coach.

But it's mostly concentration because in most of our games, after the first 15 mins when the pressure is on the defence begins to cope fine. We just seem too laid back in defence. There is hardly ever pressure on the ball and we don't put a foot in enough. Keep getting caught cold because the players just aren't on their toes...that's all I can put it down to.

We are however particularly poor from crosses. Been saying this for ages and I think that is bad coaching because the players just aren't adjusting to deal with them.

Soi-Fong

Agreed, yeah. Kept giving the ball away.

Hernandez was brilliant; all too often it feels like we're playing with 10 men though, if he can keep it up it would be great.

All of them. Phelan isn't a patch on Queiroz concerning training.

I don't want Fergie to completely drop the idea of a diamond, but we need a full strength squad, practise and ultimately better midfielders to support Kagawa, Rooney and RVP.

How about not putting Kagawa in midfield? That's a start. For once I want to see, BOTH RVP and Rooney in front of Kagawa.

Yen

"@TheRealEboue: Chelsea lost in Ukraine . Ahahahahah. The curse of the return of a racist captain. It will hunt and hurt you chelsea. Including Assley cole"

"@TheRealEboue: Chelsea fans are so sensitive . You guys need to calm down or eat some glass and tell me how it tastes. #EBOUE4PRESIDENT"

K1LLER7

United need width, Rafael and Buttner looked better when the formation changed to have players go wider. I'd still want a 4-5-1 if the 2 midfielders we pick are mobile and offer good movement and defending when needed.

Ando deserves a start against Chelsea IMO. I'd like to see:

------ Ando -- Scholes -------

Valencia --- RVP/Kagawa ---- Rooney

-------------- Chicha/RVP ----------

I would write a reply to this post but honestly I don't even know why I responded to the first post, it's a silly point to contest. I don't know which team is more detested, from personal experience I would imagine both are equally despised but my location makes me biased so you can throw that evidence away.

If you ever conduct a statistical experiment into which team is more despised then we can come to a definite conclusion but until then we will just have to accept both our positions hold no merit.
Not that my view is definitive, but I'd say United are by far the most despised team in the land. Like by a long distance.

I don't think people like Liverpool either, but honestly, and people will say I'm trolling but I'm really not...in my experience people are just passive towards Liverpool. They enjoy laughing at them and their passionate fans but other than that they really don't care because Liverpool are usually not in a position to win things.

If United lose, any game, literally any game, people are DELIGHTED. It makes their day,

Wilbur

Banned
"@TheRealEboue: Chelsea lost in Ukraine . Ahahahahah. The curse of the return of a racist captain. It will hunt and hurt you chelsea. Including Assley cole"

"@TheRealEboue: Chelsea fans are so sensitive . You guys need to calm down or eat some glass and tell me how it tastes. #EBOUE4PRESIDENT"

fucking incredible

FootballFan

:lol he cracks me up.

Won't forget his dive that led to Arsenals goal in 2006 CL final against us though.

Top Bottom