• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Rouh

GETTIN MAH JUNIOR ON
I would say 9/10 football shirts I see in the US are Barca (either with Messi's name on the back or none at all). It's so obnoxious, ugh. I know there are some very passionate fans in here, but I just can't get behind someone randomly liking a really fucking great team unless they have some modicum of connection to them. It's too easy.

I saw a guy wearing a Liverpool shirt at the UT (American) football game on Saturday. Had Agger on the back -- told him, "Nice shirt" (it really is quite sharp) and complimented him on his player selection. He had some proper footballer hair too, this kid.

Actually i find that pretty surprising as Barça doesn't do that much Marketing (or at all in the US) in comparison to English teams i think. I would have supposed that British teams like Manchester, Liverpool... would have more following in the US

Vivalaraza, I'm not sure to understand what you want to say in that ManU attracts the most hate, i didn't personnaly saw that and the team still has a huge vocal following

And Eboue is a legend, I always laugh when I see his World Cup antics with the North Korean coach

Not that my view is definitive, but I'd say United are by far the most despised team in the land. Like by a long distance.

I don't think people like Liverpool either, but honestly, and people will say I'm trolling but I'm really not...in my experience people are just passive towards Liverpool. They enjoy laughing at them and their passionate fans but other than that they really don't care because Liverpool are usually not in a position to win things.

If United lose, any game, literally any game, people are DELIGHTED. It makes their day,

We could be in League 1 and still be disliked because of the arrogance of our fans

zIq6Z.gif
You're into Kemonomimi? That's cool

We could be in League 1 and still be disliked because of the arrogance of our fans
Liverpool are definitely disliked, but for example, at 2-0 tonight, my entire FB/Twitter feed was full of "LOL United". That would happen if Liverpool were losing too, but it would mainly just be United fans :p

Arnie

Not that my view is definitive, but I'd say United are by far the most despised team in the land. Like by a long distance.

I don't think people like Liverpool either, but honestly, and people will say I'm trolling but I'm really not...in my experience people are just passive towards Liverpool. They enjoy laughing at them and their passionate fans but other than that they really don't care because Liverpool are usually not in a position to win things.

If United lose, any game, literally any game, people are DELIGHTED. It makes their day,

Exactly. Jensen was foolish to contest it, and his backtrack was expected.

faridmon

;)

I'm actually going to check out that show now. I have a huge anime backlog though, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to it.

It's Railgun. Don't Bother. I have been reccomneded couple of Animes this season in the main thread so I am going through that at the moment.

Top Bottom