• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

spidye

SCHWEEEEEIINSTEIIIIIGERRR!!!!!!!!

irl-deu-7_400x230.jpg

a true leader

AndresON777

shooting blanks
damn the u.s. is so bad

What is the population of this country? seriously mang

----wat? 2 Chileans in the football thread in one day.

juanpablo

Banned
A dark, dark night for the BIG. Humiliating if you will, anything less then a win in the Faroes and Trap has to go. Oh football you are a cruel mistress.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

I meant Antigua and Barbuda. Apparently it is 89,000. tbf usually only rich kids play soccer in the us.....
...or hispanics and other foreigners

Holy fuck Antigua tied?! I should watch it again.

Yep see below. They have a NPOWER championship player that is pretty good.

Haha big Dexter Blackstock plays for Antigua and Barbuda now?

USA are fucked.

lol. Yep just saw it on my twitter feed. Nottingham Forest or something

Kurtofan said:
I read that some Cuban players defected to Canada?!

seems like it. They only showed up with a squad of 11 men lol

Salsa

im kinda nervous, we havent been doing so good

if this was a couple months ago i'd be so annoyingly arrogant

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Can I give you a proper avatar?

http://i.imgur.com/qoY2x.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EjHhr.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/A24Xo.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

thanks but there is one pic I want avatarized but let me see if I can find it

[IMG]http://static.foxsports.com/content/fsc/img/2012/10/12/101212-Soccer-Falcao-PI-AA_20121012195518363_660_320.JPG

----Plz

fuenf

I like Neuer too, but Schweni is the clear choice he's like Casillas, no matter who you root for you can't not like him.

Actually Neuer is the one like Cassilas, yeah Schalke fans hate him but other than that he's the perfect football player. Likeable, always tells the truth, not too much pr stuff and most importantly he always plays with class and gives his all. The penalty in the shootout, his heroics against Italy, out of all the Germany / Bayern players he deserves a title the most.

Slizz

Actually Neuer is the one like Cassilas, yeah Schalke fans hate him but other than that he's the perfect football player. Likeable, always tells the truth, not too much pr stuff and most importantly he always plays with class and gives his all. The penalty in the shootout, his heroics against Italy, out of all the Germany / Bayern players he deserves a title the most.

Schweni on age, Neuer is still young. Neuer will hold it forever like Casillas already is.

elsk

Banned
Schweini is very important for both Bayern and Germany. Bayern are in the top3 teams in the world when he's on the pitch, when he isn't... not so much. The same for Germany.

The age doesn't really matter that much, considering the position where he plays. Obviously he won't be able to go forward as much as he does now but he will still be very important for both sides for a long time.

I've been watching Emre Can and he looks like having a very good vision and overall he seems very complete for his age. I'm surprised, I thought he was a DM and nothing more at first. But it looks like he could be another Schweinsteiger kind of player.

fuenf

I agree with you elsk. I just meant that Schweini can be a bit of a JT sometimes or disappear during an important game whereas Neuer is always class. But sure, Schweini would be the perfect captain for both teams. A good captain needs to be a little bit of a cunt.

fuenf

Not necessarily Andres, but to be fair Kroos is already the better player (albeit less motivated).

But it doesnt matter anyway with Schweini, Kroos, Martinez, Gustavo, Alaba (and Can) Bayern is set in midfield for years to come. Just compare them with ManU for example, everyone of those players would be a starter for United, lol.

Salsa

Seems Caceres been learning few tricks from Suarez...

It was like his leg was on fire! Lol

to be fair it looked genuine, no idea what happened there

no ruso perez to stop messi is baaaaaad man, starting to see the results of that

elsk

Banned
Not necessarily Andres, but to be fair Kroos is already the better player (albeit less motivated)

I think Kroos will eventually be a better CM than Schweinsteiger, as you said he is already better in some aspects and he's just 22 years old.

But, Schweinsteiger is a complete midfielder. Only Yaya Toure and Vidal are complete midfielders like him, so he's a very special player.

If I had to choose, I would rather have Schweinsteiger than Xavi for example. Xavi is the best CM but Schweinsteiger is more of a complete package.

3Sixty

USA game? Yeah its fucking awful. Terrible pitch, rainy, and terrible play. Although Griffiths short shorts are fucking hilarious.

They are almost as funny as his free kicks.

Love their tactic of punt it towards the left winger and hope he can run onto it. Every time.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I agree with you elsk. I just meant that Schweini can be a bit of a JT sometimes or disappear during an important game whereas Neuer is always class. But sure, Schweini would be the perfect captain for both teams. A good captain needs to be a little bit of a cunt.

Not necessarily Andres, but to be fair Kroos is already the better player (albeit less motivated).

But it doesnt matter anyway with Schweini, Kroos, Martinez, Gustavo, Alaba (and Can) Bayern is set in midfield for years to come. Just compare them with ManU for example, everyone of those players would be a starter for them, lol.

I just meant that I agreed with this part. He just disappears. I don't know about Bayern but Germany is definitely set no doubt. I love Neuer btw he is probably my favorite keeper in the world. I even remember when he was with Schalke he came flying out of the box with a header to clear the ball. I think an Inter player scored from midfield on the clearance anyway but it looked awesome. Neuer has heart and not all players do (robben)

Top Bottom