• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Is it still impressive if you fall over?

depyoa.gif

Scum

Hazard lol

Costa is great, when he goes back in the pitch he's aggressive and plays it quickly, how Chelsea has missed that, compare it to Torres taking 4 touches, slowing everything down and then trying to beat the defense by himself (and failing every single time)

Sell Hazard to PSG. Swap Costa for Ade. Deal?

flyover

Some players are just made for the PL. Fabregas is one of them. Was best player in the league when he left, and looks like he may soon be again. Just wish he weren't on Chelsea.

Meier

Basically is their championship side, a few players aside

Their budget is minute, people being surprised "lol Burnley are shit" well done.

They are playing against one of the most expensive sides on the planet.

They're getting a lot of money for going up plus they have the parachute if/when they go back down. You'd think at a minimum any new side would invest 25-30m. They should be trying to emulate Hull.

This Miggy Delaney piece on United's transfer dealings isn't for the weak of heart.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/1991460/manchester-uniteds-transfer-window-travails-under-louis-van-gaal-and-ed-woodward

Incoming manager Louis van Gaal was certainly under the impression it would be. Vermaelen anticipated it. The United officials just had to do their part, the main part: seal the deal.

So Vermaelen waited. And waited... and waited. And waited. There was a puzzling lack of movement.

The current situation regarding transfers at United is, according to an insider, "tense and edgy". That was also the case before Saturday's home defeat to Swansea City.

Although Van Gaal has publicly given his officials some breathing space with comments about "assessing the team", club sources state the manager knew exactly who he wanted to target weeks ago and that calls only really needed to be made on who would be sold. Van Gaal is said to be getting increasingly impatient about the lack of activity and, occasionally, has been fuming.

As regards the reasons why, there are understood to be a few, but the most pressing -- from a variety of sources -- is a current lack of "canniness". One official from another major club confided that he was surprised at the "naivety" of "a club like United" in recent windows. Then there are the Glazer family owners, who are seeing the rise of some dissent again.

United are not yet willing to do what Bayern, Chelsea or the Spanish duo do and simply pay the premium if it means getting crucial business done. There is also a slickness to the way those rivals go about business, with the abilities of their personnel enhancing the effect of the money. With United, one player deal that was at a tentative stage this summer is said to have never got off the ground because of a difference of about two million pounds.

So, a certain trepidation in negotiation is matched by a conservatism in spending. That combination is not exactly conducive to getting the best deals done in the top end of the modern transfer market.

Yet, when you speak to those deeper into the club's structure, there is absolute insistence that there has been extensive interest, with Van Gaal also deeply discussing the midfielder -- as well as the authentic concerns about his knee. Two weeks ago, there was even a sudden flurry of activity as it seemed something might be moving with Vidal.

It was, typically, a false alarm. Now, Juventus are not quite on the same level of high alert. Italian sources state that the club set an internal deadline for last Friday, after which time Vidal would not be allowed to be move.

The big push never came. That is another common refrain.

Horrifying.

Showaddy

This is why I hate fantasy football. I should want Chelsea to lose badly but here I am giggling with joy because I've got Fabregas, Costa & Ivanovic in my lineup.

Fintan

They're getting a lot of money for going up plus they have the parachute if/when they go back down. You'd think at a minimum any new side would invest 25-30m. They should be trying to emulate Hull.
They might be thinking it's better not to go mad spending when it's likely they'll get relegated anyway? And then when they get relegated, with the payments, they'll be in a better position to build for another promotion/a longer stay in the top flight.

Scum

"Emulate Hull." Linette, 'ave a word.

L1NETT

What give players massive contracts that won't be sustainable should they get relegated and end up like Fulham

If you need to invest another 30 million plus massive contracts to stay up may as well not bother coming up. Threat of relegation makes it pointless

FootballFan

This is why I hate fantasy football. I should want Chelsea to lose badly but here I am giggling with joy because I've got Fabregas, Costa & Ivanovic in my lineup.

fuck that mate.

I'd rather have Liverpool/Arsenal win the PL than me win the world wide fantasy league m8.

Arnie

Bit late but that Fabregas assist was fucking sensational.

Imagine vetoing him for Ozil and paying £15 million more in the process.

Salvadora

£2m?!

Who on earth could that be.
Bit late but that Fabregas assist was fucking sensational.

Imagine vetoing him for Ozil and paying £15 million more in the process.
Cesc wasn't available when we bought Ozil.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That ford fiesta add kills my brain everytime

pulga

Banned
Cesc wasn't available when we bought Ozil.

'We talked with Wenger but he said that he would find it difficult to make a place for me on the pitch as Ozil had my position covered,' Fabregas told a news conference at Spain's World Cup base.

Arsene Wenglol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom