• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moobabe

Willian had a terrible first half, better second half though. Amazed Morata missed that header, but didn't matter in the end. Christensen and Rudiger were beasts today, don't want cahill back in the team after that haha

Yeah Willian looked out of sorts at times today - being asked to do a lot of extra work because we had an extra man, deeper in midfield.

Thought Rudiger looked a little rushed at times, Christensen looks class though, and Bakayoko, when fit, should be a good buy for as well.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Omg that's some next level banter

Wished something like this was more common in bundesliga too

PP are the best bookies for banter, even their adverts and offers are funny

Other bookmakers try to copy and end up being cringey

City might, Utd will be out of the title race by January so it's highly doubtful they will. Conte has Mourinho's number regardless.

United will be different this season, they look good this season.

City, well they should be winning the league with their manager and all the spending they've done so if they beat us then at least they hit expectations.

MrS

Banned
He must have missed it at Old Trafford last year clearly.
Chelsea were doing victory laps in April, friend. When it matters, we know Conte will best Mou once again. Mou will be crying like a pussy again.

tumblr_omrtr2ftwD1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

United will be different this season, they look good this season.
The only good team they've played is Real Madrid and they got battered for 90 minutes. When they beat a good team, then we can talk about them as title contenders.

Chelsea were doing victory laps in April, friend. When it matters, we know Conte will best Mou once again. Mou will be crying like a pussy again.

tumblr_omrtr2ftwD1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

The only good team they've played is Real Madrid and they got battered for 90 minutes. When they beat a good team, then we can talk about them as title contenders.

Gotta beat the smaller teams and actually get the job done. If we had done that in joses (second) first season we'd have probably won the league 🤷*♂️

And I don't think there is a team in the league as good as Real so not a problem there

It's clear that Spurs & Chelsea need some more signings

We both do, Spurs need a right back and a striker.

For us not helped by 2 senior suspensions (Cahill/Cesc) and injury to Hazard, Pedro would've started as well otherwise.

Still need a CM, right wing back, maybe left wing back (not sure we need to spend £60m on one…) and some more depth in general

Gotta beat the smaller teams and actually get the job done. If we had done that in joses (second) first season we'd have probably won the league 🤷*♂️

And I don't think there is a team in the league as good as Real so not a problem there

He's already made it clear that he has an irrational hatred for United. He'll never give us credit for anything.

MrS

Banned
Gotta beat the smaller teams and actually get the job done. If we had done that in joses (second) first season we'd have probably won the league ��*♂️
The same could be said about 4/5 of the teams who finished above Utd, so what's your point?

He's already made it clear that he has an irrational hatred for United. He'll never give us credit for anything.
I'll commend them when they play well and I'll congratulate them if they win a trophy. I thought they performed really well last season to win 2 trophies actually.

When have they looked good?

Ok let me rephrase, they've scored 8 league goals in 2 matches, good enough for me

The same could be said about 4/5 of the teams who finished above Utd, so what's your point?

Not sure my point is that hard to see. They've bought decent players which fits joses plans, they're scoring goals, won 2 trophies last year. If you think they've played badly so far fair enough but 8 goals don't like in 2 matches, being clinical as opposed to playing like real is fine for me

acohrs

Willy stepped up when he saw he was getting subbed 😂

Christensen was getting dicked by Kane for a while but turned it around. Baka doing 90 minutes was good, he looked decent, better nearer the end.

Also, dat Conte, love his celebrations https://twitter.com/chelseagifs/status/899314884873211904

Also looks really miserable there 🤷*♂️

baka needs game time and some prem time too, but could be amazing

Hat's off to mah boi Andreas. Great composure against Kane. Bakayoko has been great as well except for that silly foul that cost us a goal. Alonso, you fucking beauty :).

Conte you magnificent beast. Still keeping the team composed despite all of these "crisis" shit the media have been spewing all throughtout pre-season. Should keep them in silence for awhile.

P.S. FUCK OFF Graham Souness.

weekev

Banned
City might, Utd will be out of the title race by January so it's highly doubtful they will. Conte has Mourinho's number regardless.

Chelsea will finish below both Manchester clubs this year. Different United side, they played like shit and won 4-0 yesterday. It's early days but thats the sort of thing Champions do. Chelsea eeked out a fine 2-1 win today but I reckon they will have a battle with Arsenal and Liverpool for who finishes in the top 4.

Christensen and Rudiger were great today, really curious to see how Conte handles our CB situation. Bakayoko gave us a hint of what he can do but looked super rusty and definitely isn't 100% in fitness or sharpness. Willian was off. Morata was uninspired but this wasn't exactly the most ideal game for him to start. Bats... is such a likable dude but he doesn't have it yet. I kind of hope we sell him to a club in a weaker league that will give him starts. That would probably be best once we have another striker option on hand (which won't happen anytime soon).

MrS

Banned
Nobody is seriously suggesting that in August about any team.
o rly?
Chelsea will finish below both Manchester clubs this year. Different United side, they played like shit and won 4-0 yesterday. It's early days but thats the sort of thing Champions do. Chelsea eeked out a fine 2-1 win today but I reckon they will have a battle with Arsenal and Liverpool for who finishes in the top 4.

I just didn't realise the title was decided in August...

Isn't that an Arsenal joke? I don't understand how you think the concept of United being title contenders this year is so hard to comprehend? At this point you just sound like a bitter troll and are better off being ignored. Good day sir!

MrS

Banned
But apparently the title for the worst team in the PL is, friend.
Are Swansea not everybody's favourites for relegation, given their squad is piss poor and they've just sold their best player?

I mean I don't speak for other posters but I don't see the implication or a serious "we will win" post.
Your reading comprehension must be quite poor if you can't see the implication. It's pretty obvious.

Addnan

My Sky Sports suddenly changed to American commentator with second guy sounding high as fuck. Damn, I thought Sky was annoying.

Hat's off to mah boi Andreas. Great composure against Kane. Bakayoko has been great as well except for that silly foul that cost us a goal. Alonso, you fucking beauty :).

Conte you magnificent beast. Still keeping the team composed despite all of these "crisis" shit the media have been spewing all throughtout pre-season. Should keep them in silence for awhile.

P.S. FUCK OFF Graham Souness.

I'll never forget Souness' face after that 0-2 Chelsea win over Liverpool. Absolutely glorious.

Couldn't watch the game but LOL Spurs. Dirty cunts got wha they deserve. Dembele, Alli and Dier should be sent to jail for being massive unredeemable twats of the highets magnitude. Get ufkced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom