• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

Not 100% certain right? Could still be one of the worst 2nd placed teams and therefore be eliminated?

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Slovakia should end up with 12 points which would put them 7th and in danger of dropping to last.

Edit: that said, Northern Ireland and Denmark will be in the playoffs.

Jeremy Cross‏ @CrossyDailyStar

Daniel Sturridge is wearing gloves. The only one. Speaks volumes about his character that does.

Fuck off you ballbag.

Syder

Jeremy Cross‏ @CrossyDailyStar

Daniel Sturridge is wearing gloves. The only one. Speaks volumes about his character that does.

Fuck off you ballbag.
Jeremy Cross writes for the Daily Star. Speaks volumes about his character that does.

As someone with poor circulation, it's hilarious. I've been wearing thermal socks since mid-September. I guess I'll never be a real man in his eyes.

No Era Penal tho.

Close but I think it's a penalty. The attacker gets there first.

giphy.gif

Gambit

Bla, I am so irrationally hyped that I'll even watch the Heynckes press conference soon (if they show it anywhere).

I know it's stupid, but I'm just glad to have Jupp back

slider

I’ve got a feeling England will be worse at this World Cup than the last, bottom of the group, 0 points. Dele Alli as the scapegoat.

When Alli inevitably tries an eye gouge (cos everyone's been blowing smoke up his ass and he obviously feels his talent means everything should go his way without issue), and gets sent off I'd have to say it's deserved.

Actually, I'm being harsh on the poor bloke. Hope he plays up to his potential.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Alli's the sort of guy who dives when Spurs are 3-0 up against Huddersfield so I wouldn't put it past him to do something stupid for no reason.

Orgen

Last transfers rumours:

Sergi Roberto to City
Martial to Barcelona
Arda Turan to Arsenal
Coutinho to... PSG? (Neymar wants him).

Arda is the only one I see happening.

I’ve got a feeling England will be worse at this World Cup than the last, bottom of the group, 0 points. Dele Alli as the scapegoat.

The FA letting tottenham players get away with whatever they want in the premier league will come back to haunt England and justice will hopefully be swift.

Empty

think we'll do well in this world cup. i mean it'll be dreadful to watch but defending and then letting kane bang in our one decent chance is a decent formula for knockout football.

teams with much worse players than england have consistently done better than us for decades using this strategy. now we have largely shit players there's no reason to try and play properly.

Mimosa97

That goal from Ireland. Jesus Christ. Some of the worst defending I've ever seen on a football pitch. Like how can you screw up this bad in such an important game. Gotta feel bad for the welsh fans.

Anyway doesn't matter who wins. We all lose. Irish and welsh fans are some of the best fans in the world. They gave us some memorable moments back in France during the Euro. Wish both teams made it to the world cup tbh.

Garjon

I much prefer it if Wales won as I don't think Ireland stand a chance in the playoffs, but Wales pinning their hopes on a 17 year old doesn't inspire confidence

Top Bottom