• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

RocknRola

Tottenham has been forced to park the bus for like the last 10 minutes. They're holding on though, Real is having quite the bit of trouble breaking through.

TimmmV

Jeez at the Spartak score

Think a draw would have been better for us there tbh, would have meant Liverpool and Sevilla on 5 points each and Spartak 3, as opposed to Liverpool and Spartak both on 5 and Sevilla on 4

Timbuktu

Jeez at the Spartak score

Think a draw would have been better for us there tbh, would have meant Liverpool and Sevilla on 5 points each and Spartak 3, as opposed to Liverpool and Spartak both on 5 and Sevilla on 4

Something to hope for in their reverse fixture, I guess.

That was a tough game, going to have a big effect on the weekend game. Can't wait for the follow up game in Napoli.

City needed to not play so direct in the second half and be more possessive.

Timbuktu

Did anyone watch the spartak game? What on earth happened there? It's hard to imagine how a team Liverpool drew 1-1 and also drew with Maribor did that.

Zasa

I know right? Wasn't expecting them to even beat Sevilla to begin with.
Although Sevilla have been very scrappy in the league so far, with little to no real convincing performances yet. This is just something else. Damn. Fair play to Spartak!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The feeling of being a Liverpool fan and watching the inevitable shit that will proceed tonight instead of Madrid v Spurs.

Do me a favour and post this every matchday. The counter pressing and finishing were great tonight, but this post is the main reason we won.

Zasa

That was a tough game, going to have a big effect on the weekend game. Can't wait for the follow up game in Napoli.

City needed to not play so direct in the second half and be more possessive.
That should be fun. Can’t see Napoli losing control of the game so quickly early on again if they start Allan & Jorginho.

Great match though, lived up to the hype & was a nice tale of two halves.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Michael Owen referring to the Liverpool team as ‘we’ and ‘us’ as if he somehow thinks we have all forgotten what he did.

Bersi

Massimo Carrera is doing great things in Russia,happy for him,i've a feeling he'll be juve next manager in a couple of years.

rjpageuk

Did anyone watch the spartak game? What on earth happened there? It's hard to imagine how a team Liverpool drew 1-1 and also drew with Maribor did that.

Didnt see it, but the xg for the game was 1.3 - 0.8!

Considering in the Liverpool game they scored from 0.1 xg I think they have the most efficient strikers in Europe :)

From the highlights they had some top notch finishes. Can't speak much beyond that though, certainly never looked like scoring 5 against us.

Markitron

If Gini scored in the Champions League final, would it count as an away goal?

Depends on which team is technically designated the home team and has 1st choice jersey. Even still it would involve an asterisk.

Markitron

Ah, yeah, good point.

It's amazing that he's still cursed even in a quality Liverpool attack.

Yea it’s weird alright. I mostly want him to get it to stop the commentators from regurgitating that factoid multiple times in every game.

That should be fun. Can’t see Napoli losing control of the game so quickly early on again if they start Allan & Jorginho.

Great match though, lived up to the hype & was a nice tale of two halves.

I honestly have no idea what the second match will be like. I think City's directness took them by surprise. That was the most direct I had seen them all season and the furthest forward I had seen KdB play. Sarri's tactics in the second half were brilliant and it prevented them from getting the ball to KdB, took some serious endurance to keep that up for as long as they did especially as they looked fucked after 20 mins in the first half. I'd like Sarri at City when Pep leaves, everything about his football is excellent.

Markitron

By the way. Who's the Alberto Moreno clone that's been playing for us? He's been brilliant this season. Long may it continue.

I keep seeing people say this and I just don't see it. He's just been ok, which is being made to look great on account of how awful he was for 3 years. His biggest problem is how brainless he is at times, that's not something that comes and goes with form. I won't be making any proclamations about him until the end of the season.

I keep seeing people say this and I just don't see it. He's just been ok, which is being made to look great on account of how awful he was for 3 years. His biggest problem is how brainless he is at times, that's not something that comes and goes with form. I won't be making any proclamations about him until the end of the season.
Yeah I kind of agree with this.
I've seen him do some downright STUPID shit during matches that makes you wonder if he's got a brain injury.
However since he hasn't done that so far this season I'll be happy while it lasts.

Top Bottom