• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Wilbur

Banned
I have changed my opinion. Fuck this thread, lets delete it, OP is an idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWDP_ew8HqQ

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXT4qF_6n9k

Is some of the greatest shit ever. That virgin guy in the last, so goooood.

EDIT : WHAT THE FUCK, THAT SAID ALI G SHOW. Also found Bruno decent, Borat was the best of the movies though.

Ali G show is incredible, the film is fucking nonsense bollocks apart from that bit where he gets a handjob or whatever off that old man

GorillaJu

Wilbury breaking the unwritten code of conduct that you don't make a thread title referencing your own team and especially not bigging up your own players.

It took a special effort to outdo a thread title involving an Olivia Wilde reference.

Congratulations Wilbury, may god have mercy on bus's supple teats.

bud

i remember messi got some real abuse when he posted his olivia wilde titled thread.

wilbury must endure the same abuse unless he posts a picture of a pencil... in his butt hole.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbury breaking the unwritten code of conduct that you don't make a thread title referencing your own team and especially not bigging up your own players.

It took a special effort to outdo a thread title involving an Olivia Wilde reference.

Congratulations Wilbury, may god have mercy on bus's supple teats.

Can't wait to do OT14| Patrice Evra - Breakfast of Champions

Wilbur

Banned
i remember messi got some real abuse when he posted his olivia wilde titled thread.

wilbury must endure the same abuse unless he posts a picture of a pencil... in his butt hole.

untitled-1aixoet.gif

Well, letting the contract expire was never an option, even though Watzke still talks about it. And 25-30m is good money. But it's just February and I don't think it would hurt us too much if we got 5m less from United/City/whoever.

Why should we agree now? No, it doesn't make sense to agree a deal with Bayern. There is so much stuff that could happen until July, I would be very disappointed by our bosses to be honest. We're still in the CL, good matches could mean more offers. Injuries could happen, Falcao out for some longer time and Lewy would become the number one (striker) target this summer. Okay, Lewy could also get seriously injured and we won't get such a fee but he doesn't get injured lol.
Well, I guess it wasn't supposed to leak this early. I think the number of potential "customers" dwindled by the day (Utd out, Juve out), City & eastern European are probably too lowly for him and besides them most teams that have the dough are already set, I guess.
And then I guess Bayern renewed their interest after the Pep thing, as in "yo check it out, we got Pep now, also that good old 10m wage, remember?" and this probably swayed him ("ok, I picked Bayern, either lemme go or I'll sit out my contract"). That's how I think it went down.
Maybe Bayern also offered mad amount of money too, so Watze went "welp, fuck it".

Hmm, what interests me most if whether or not Klopp wants to change to a Barca type of setup in the future with Götze as false9, then we could make do without a new striker (in Schieber we trust?) and go for some very good 10er like Boateng...dunno.

fuck bayern

And then I guess Bayern renewed their interest after the Pep thing, as in "yo check it out, we got Pep now, also that good old 10m wage, remember?" and this probably swayed him ("ok, I picked Bayern, either lemme go or I'll sit out my contract"). That's how I think it went down.
Maybe Bayern also offered mad amount of money too, so Watze went "welp, fuck it".

Hmm, what interests me most if whether or not Klopp wants to change to a Barca type of setup in the future with Götze as false9, then we could make do without a new striker (in Schieber we trust?) and go for some very good 10er like Boateng...dunno.

fuck bayern

Possible, we'll find out in the next few months.

If we changed to a fake 9 system, I would go for a player like Schürrle/Reus. Götze and Kuba score well this season but we'd need to play Reus in every match to have someone with a strong shot on the field. But I don't see this happening, anyway. I think Schieber could do well as first choice striker but fuck it and spend those 20m+ we'll get for Lewy. Dzeko or Kießling, I'd love that.

Possible, we'll find out in the next few months.

If we changed to a fake 9 system, I would go for a player like Schürrle/Reus. Götze and Kuba score well this season but we'd need to play Reus in every match to have someone with a strong shot on the field. But I don't see this happening, anyway. I think Schieber could do well as first choice striker but fuck it and spend those 20m+ we'll get for Lewy. Dzeko or Kießling, I'd love that.

Hmm, I think they're too shitty with possession/need space, of course the f9 doesn't need to resemble Messi as close as possible, but I still think Götze is the best option (or someone new who could play both positions: KPB?).
Also Schürrle is way too expensive now, remember the 25m Chelsea offer in the summer? yeah, that expensive, lol
Actually that's what I'd do that with the Lewa money: get a descent striker (like Szalai or a very promising talent) and a multi-role, f9 material OM because we can't really afford a second Lewandowski.

faridmon

Its shitty threads titles like this we will never recruit new
Everton
blood in this thread.

Fuck Everything
and Bayern

^ I wanted to adopt Everton in your absence, but then I noticed you're not alone on the list, lol :|

fuck bayern indeed, that fucking tweet messed up my schedule/sleep pattern..

faridmon

^ I wanted to adopt Everton in your absence, but then I noticed you're not alone on the list, lol :|

fuck bayern indeed, that fucking tweet messed up my schedule/sleep pattern..

Don't worry, Its thought that counts, so GOOO DOTMUND :)

Anyway, they never post, and Szazarbul (or however, you spell it) only comes around once every once in while :/

arkon

He didn't do the business for them did he? Although I'm not really sure how much of a chance he was given by Redknapp

Spurs should sign Lewandowski. Maybe he wouldn't want to go there. But they should sign him anyways.

Not sure kidnap is allowed these days.

I was talking with my mate about thier striker problems, why did they let Pavelchenko go is a mystery to me. He seemed to be a great striker.

I always like Pav but his work ethic was terrible. He had an amazing run for us one year, Wigan away came off and scored 2 I think then went on and scored like 9 in 8 or something daft. On his day he is a great striker but they were few and far between, we sold because we got offered good money for him and we took it, right decision for me.

The problem is Leandro, we seem obsessed with him, I remember we were obsessed with Sandro for a while before finally getting him but I dunno I think Leandro fee is too much and I'd rather go for a more proven striker.

Hmm, I think they're too shitty with possession/need space, of course the f9 doesn't need to resemble Messi as close as possible, but I still think Götze is the best option (or someone new who could play both positions: KPB?).
Also Schürrle is way too expensive now, remember the 25m Chelsea offer in the summer? yeah, that expensive, lol
Actually that's what I'd do that with the Lewa money: get a descent striker (like Szalai or a very promising talent) and a multi-role, f9 material OM because we can't really afford a second Lewandowski.

The whole summer window will be interesting. What we really need:
- LB cover
- Santana replacement
- (RB cover)
- a striker

We won't spend much for a LB cover (if at all) and it's doubtful we get a RB cover, so I'll just ignore it from now on. I could see Santana staying if the offers suck and even if he leaves I rule out that we'd spent more than 8m for a CB. So, that's pretty much the whole Lewy money for a striker. At least 20m and then we still have the money we made this CL season. We have to consider our wage bill increased but I'd say we have at least another 10m to spend for new players. All in all, that's 30-40m to spend. A lot of money and to stay relevant, we need to spend it. It won't help us saving all that money for later. Lots of possibilities.

The whole summer window will be interesting. What we really need:
- LB cover
- Santana replacement
- (RB cover)
- a striker

We won't spend much for a LB cover (if at all) and it's doubtful we get a RB cover, so I'll just ignore it from now on. I could see Santana staying if the offers suck and even if he leaves I rule out that we'd spent more than 8m for a CB. So, that's pretty much the whole Lewy money for a striker. At least 20m and then we still have the money we made this CL season. We have to consider our wage bill increased but I'd say we have at least another 10m to spend for new players. All in all, that's 30-40m to spend. A lot of money and to stay relevant, we need to spend it. It won't help us saving all that money for later. Lots of possibilities.

We'll give you Gallas (can cover LB and RB....and CB...) and Harry Kane for Lewandowski.

Take it or leave it, two for one though. We'll throw in the English RM David B.

faridmon

Is House of Cards exclusive to Netflix? I don't have Netflix, so...
He didn't do the business for them did he? Although I'm not really sure how much of a chance he was given by Redknapp
Not sure kidnap is allowed these days.

I always like Pav but his work ethic was terrible. He had an amazing run for us one year, Wigan away came off and scored 2 I think then went on and scored like 9 in 8 or something daft. On his day he is a great striker but they were few and far between, we sold because we got offered good money for him and we took it, right decision for me.

The problem is Leandro, we seem obsessed with him, I remember we were obsessed with Sandro for a while before finally getting him but I dunno I think Leandro fee is too much and I'd rather go for a more proven striker.
I think his main problem was his inconsistency. Yes, he did appear to bother a little sometimes, but I think it was a motivation issue rather than anything. 'arry's fault I reckon. I think if he played under AVB, he would have been a deadly striker.

It's fantastic, £6 a month for hundreds of TV shows and films...plus you can switch it to the USA one where there's loads more content.

Also, you get a free month's trial if you sign up :)

How do you switch it to the USA one?

One issue I have is the quality of the stream, but that could just be issues on my end.

Top Bottom