• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano]Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Gazzetta dello Sport: "Donnarumma as a free agent? He's the best goalkeeper in the world, trust me; he could have been the new Paolo Maldini at Milan. And I'd be happy if Olivier Giroud joins AC Milan, we need players like him - he's a winner". 🔴🇸🇪 #ACMilan

Donnarumma Can only blame himself and his agent for this.

Dark Rider

[moillorens] The 6 Premier League clubs involved in the Super League will send an official request to Florentino Perez on Monday asking him to DISSOLVE the Super League. If he refuses, they will consider legal action.

I'll believe it when I see it. bring on Monday.

Dark Rider

[Ronald Koeman] I am relieved to say that my players and staff can fully focus on the new season now. The last few weeks have been intense, but I am glad that President Joan Laporta gave his support to me and calm has been restored.

Dark Rider

[L'Equipe] Nasser Al-Khelaïfi (PSG president): "I'll be clear: Kylian Mbappé is going to stay in Paris, we're never going to sell him and he'll never leave for free."

You can certainly refuse to sell him all you want for sure but the player can always run his contract down and go for free if they want too.
That being said I think he will stay with PSG to be honest.

Dark Rider

[EquipedeFrance] Griezmann showing his Football Manager game with Newcastle, where he won 5 titles in a year. He also tells Mbappé that he bought him in game, Mbappé replied: "Newcastle? It's really not warm there..."

Dark Rider

Al-Khelaifi Addresses Messi-To-PSG Rumors: "What I can say is that all the great players want to come to PSG. It isn’t possible to sign them all...I have told Laporta that [Messi's] contract is coming to an end and every club has the right to negotiate with him and can sign him for the next season."

He will stay though.

Malcolm9

I can only see Messi staying at Barca to be honest, he is far too rooted there to look to move anywhere else, plus he's earning far too much money.

I'm really interested to see if we'll sign a top quality centre forward at Chelsea, and hope that it'll be someone who pushes us on next season.

As for the England v Romania game, Henderson was a complete twonk taking the penalty away from Calvert-Lewin. Henderson shouldn't even be in the squad if I'm honest, he doesn't deserve the call up.

DKehoe

A huge move gets talked about for ages before it happens and Messi to anywhere would be the highest profile transfer in football history. So the lack of discussion around it makes me think he's staying put . For a while it really looked like he was going to end up at City but it's been a while since there was any serious discussion about that. So I doubt it's happening. Especially since Barcelona just signed one of his best friends which I would have to imagine will make him happier at the club.

Dark Rider

[Vito Angele] Brahim Diaz will stay at AC Milan another year: Ancelotti has agreed to let him leave. Milan will be able to buy him next year.

DKehoe

Dark Rider

Ridiculous, just a meaningless slap on the wrist. I didn't really expect anything substantial but that's even less than I thought they'd do.

Indeed. The thing is everyone is saying they can't do much because if they punish them severely they will retaliate and break out but I disagree with that completely. If there was a time where you can punish them as severely as you like and they will obey, it is now, in fact it is now or never. They are scared out of their minds about losing their ownership of their clubs after government threat to do just that so scared that they backed out of the ESL in less than 48 hours, if there is a time where you can bring the absolute hammer on their heads and they will just take it it is NOW while the government thread is looming over their heads RIGHT NOW.

So with Euro 2020 starting tomorrow who is everyone picking to win?

I don't know about who will win but I predict two of the big teams will be embarrassed.

Dark Rider

[Bild] There is a clear announcement from Dortmund. If there is a suitable transfer offer by the end of July, Sancho can leave. If not, he can play another season in black and yellow. If MUFC offer 93 million euros plus 23 million in add-ons, a transfer would be very likely on these terms.

Let us see if Manchester United try to "call their bluff" again.

Last edited:

DKehoe

[Bild] There is a clear announcement from Dortmund. If there is a suitable transfer offer by the end of July, Sancho can leave. If not, he can play another season in black and yellow. If MUFC offer 93 million euros plus 23 million in add-ons, a transfer would be very likely on these terms.

Let us see if Manchester United try to "call their bluff" again.
giphy.gif

Dark Rider

Overseas players and managers at Premier League clubs who take part in breakaway competitions such as a European Super League will have their work permits revoked under new rules.

To be effective:
1) Need to be enacted.
2) No future parliament get their palms greased and change these laws.

Dark Rider

[Karim Benzema] Football has become a game where players can play bad for 90 minutes and then score a goal and be called Man of the Match and get the spotlight. I don’t want to be that kind of a player.

*Nightwing

[Karim Benzema] Football has become a game where players can play bad for 90 minutes and then score a goal and be called Man of the Match and get the spotlight. I don’t want to be that kind of a player.

Nope he wants to be the stereotypical type that has no personal responsibility for any of his personal actions off the pitch because of what he does on it.

Dark Rider

[Spurs Official]: The Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Fabio Paratici as Managing Director, Football, with effect from 1 July 2021. #THFC ⚪️ #COYS

[SpursOfficial] 📺 An update from Chairman Daniel Levy.

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Nope he wants to be the stereotypical type that has no personal responsibility for any of his personal actions off the pitch because of what he does on it.

At least wait for a verdict from the court to make judgement on that front.
If you care about being a responsible person since you are talking about personal responsibility :messenger_smirking:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Any punts on the England lineup for tomorrow?

I'm going with the following 4-3-3

Rashford Kane Sancho

Mount Phillips Rice

Shaw Mings Stones Walker

Pickford

England to win 2-0. Goals from Kane and Sancho.

Tschumi

Feeling very grateful that Ericksen is still alive, cardiac arrest... These guys have been exercising massively without breaks since like April last year, it'd be enough to reveal even the slightest flaws in heart structure and the like, I'd probably have carked it months ago if I was on one of these teams

Dark Rider

Feeling very grateful that Ericksen is still alive, cardiac arrest... These guys have been exercising massively without breaks since like April last year, it'd be enough to reveal even the slightest flaws in heart structure and the like, I'd probably have carked it months ago if I was on one of these teams

One of the reasons I find the increase in UCL number of games absurd, and why I thought the french league reduction to 18 was a good idea.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the CWC expansion too that is absurd, not every competition need to be a month long full on tournament.

Last edited:

IDKFA

Close enough, 1-0 Sterling

Yeah. Foden was unlucky not to get a goal in the first half. Bounced off the post, but almost rebounded off the keepers back! Should have been 2-0. We dominated that game.

I actually don't think Croatia will be England's hardest opponent in the group. That will be Scotland. I know Scotland are the weakest team in the group, but it's their first major tournament since 1998 and they would love nothing more than to beat England at Wembley. They'll play us like it's a world cup final.

Dark Rider

Yeah. Foden was unlucky not to get a goal in the first half. Bounced off the post, but almost rebounded off the keepers back! Should have been 2-0. We dominated that game.

I actually don't think Croatia will be England's hardest opponent in the group. That will be Scotland. I know Scotland are the weakest team in the group, but it's their first major tournament since 1998 and they would love nothing more than to beat England at Wembley. They'll play us like it's a world cup final.

Scotland lost the first game so they have to win regardless who it is, so Scotland will be under immense pressure because the win is sorely needed for survival plus it is against England.

IDKFA

Scotland lost the first game so they have to win regardless who it is, so Scotland will be under immense pressure because the win is sorely needed for survival plus it is against England.

The game will now be a lot harder.

Looking forward to the battle against the old foe. Hopefully it's a repeat of Euro 96

Last edited:
Top Bottom