• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

DKehoe

With Lewangoalski by your side after years of playing together?
Fixed that for you
EkjCBYcXIAAbLQ4

DKehoe

Probably not, as the reason Conte is leaving is that they’ve asked him to reduce his salary and sell £70m worth of players. Mou likes having a bit of cash.
True. But with Inter's squad that could mean just selling one player, like Martinez, and they'd still be in a better position than Roma and he'd be in the Champions League next season. I'm not saying I think Inter should have done it, because no team with any level of ambition should be hiring him, but I can see it being appealing to Mourinho.

DKehoe

People will blame De Gea for the penalty. But it’s not his fault. United failed to create chances throughout the game. Villarreal defended deep throughout the game, but United need to get better at breaking that down.

Banjo64

cumsessed
OGS turning in to a bit of a bottler. Emery and Villarreal fantastic. Bruno invisible in a big game, not sure why he was United’s captain, he was a great whiner but didn’t show any leadership credentials on the pitch. Pogba, £90m, give over.

Everything else aside, you have to respect Bailly's commitment to being an absolute mad bastard

He didn't need to do a bycicle kick. Couldn't just head the ball away. In doing these fucking theatrical stunts, he could've cost the team a goal because the ball is now over his head and in the danger zone.

The sooner this walking sick note leaves the club the better. He better take Phil 'Legs of Glass' Jones with him.

I'm sick of this team nursing defenders who are crooked 100% of the time.

DKehoe

He didn't need to do a bycicle kick. Couldn't just head the ball away. In doing these fucking theatrical stunts, he could've cost the team a goal because the ball is now over his head and in the danger zone.

The sooner this walking sick note leaves the club the better. He better take Phil 'Legs of Glass' Jones with him.

I mean, is Eric Bailly a super efficient defender? No. But when I see his name in the starting line up I know I’m probably going to see some mad shit that will entertain me. And football is ultimately entertainment. So I like Bailly.

Dark Rider

I'm absolutely fuming that Zidane left, I wanted him to handle our rebuild. I don't thin we could achieve what we achieved in the last two seasons without him, no one else would have handled the lack of signings and injury crisis better than he did. The players he ousted proved time and time again they were not worthy after they left none of them became a major star.

I'm really disappointed and expect worse next season.

Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
I assume you support Manchester United right? :pie_thinking:

DKehoe

I'm absolutely fuming that Zidane left, I wanted him to handle our rebuild. I don't thin we could achieve what we achieved in the last two seasons without him, no one else would have handled the lack of signings and injury crisis better than he did. The players he ousted proved time and time again they were not worthy after they left none of them became a major star.

I'm really disappointed and expect worse next season.
Who would you like to see replace him?

Dark Rider

[Sky Sports Statto] 🏆 Most wins as a manager in UEFA Cup/Europa League Finals 4⃣ Unai Emery 3⃣ Giovanni Trapattoni 2⃣ Jose Mourinho 2⃣ Rafa Benitez 2⃣ Diego Simeone 2⃣ Juande Ramos 2⃣ Luis Molowny

Dark Rider

[Alex Shaw] In the last 20 years, Spanish teams have won 15/15 European finals against non-Spanish opposition.

It's 16/16 now after Villareal won EL.

Looking forward to the City vs Chelsea game.

I fear City will lose after those last 2 performances against Chelsea. We should have beat them in the FA Cup at the very least even if we lost to Leicester who had a cracking game againnst them.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Rumours going around that Rodri, Cancelo and Sterling are starting. We’ve thrown it away if true. Fern, Walker and any of the front 6 are in better form. Raz is fucking dog shit, and even worse in big games.

Jon Neu

Banned
No defensive midfielder, just Gundogan and De Bruyne. Sterling from the start.

Pep has this things, sometimes does some weird shit.

Jon Neu

Banned
I'm sorry to say this, but Guardiola has destroyed the first half for City.

The defense is incredibly vulnerable without a defensive midfielder in front.

Last edited:

DKehoe

i wanna see him win something on a team not filled with world class players/budget (barça, bayern, city)
I get that's the common criticism of Guardiola. But at this point is he really meant to take a step back and coach some b-level team just to prove a point to some people? Everyone wants to compete at the highest level and work with the best possible talent. I think it would be kinda fascinating to see how it worked out. But I don't blame him for not doing it.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Manchester City played those last 20 minutes like absolute shit. I understand the emotions, but they completely fought against their own tactics at the end.

I doubt that Guardiola told them to start sending field long passes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom