• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor |OT| And shame are huge parts of it

Arttemis

Sorry to ask a question that's probably been asked a billion times but I just saw this is on sale on PSN and I've been looking for a new multiplayer game to play since I play so few of those. It's either this or Rocket League. If I like weighty, deliberate combat systems like Souls and Monster Hunter and something like Nidhogg, should I give this a go?
It's such a fun game, IMO. This is like if Souls mixed with a fighting game, with every move requiring intent and there's always a counter for everything. Nidhogg had a somewhat similar philosophy with how to play mind games or go aggressive, but this is in 3D.

Rocket League and For Honor are all I play. They're like the best combo, fast flying cars and Vikings/Samurai/Knights showdown.

Conq needs a big stamina reduction on his full block stance cancels. To make up for it (if necessary), the transition out of full block can be slower.

His light infinite should get uninterruptible status after four hits like the Beserker. Or better damage. Lights are only useful for going into short shoulder bash mixups right now. Conq mirror matches are also boring. Not sure what the solution is to that.
Patch 1.05 actually changed the Berserker super armor to 2 attacks, and those don't even have to land.

BERSERKER
Super Armor

Super Armor is now applied on all 2nd and later attacks in chains (used to be applied after 4th).
Note: Moveset page is not updated in this version.

Berserker no longer requires the preceding attack to hit or be blocked to count towards applying Super Armor.
Berserker no longer gets the Stamina cost reduction when Super Armor kicks in.

Developer comments: Berserker’s identity is based on relentless attacking, but the requirement to land 4+ hits is too much in current competitive play. Putting the Super Armor buff on all of the 2nd attacks in the chains means that now Berserkers can access this reliably, and could be used to trade against reacting Shugokis and Warlords with their Super Armor. We’ve removed the Stamina cost reduction to prevent the Berserker from using infinite chains for too long now that we’ve moved the Super Armor buff to 2 hits. We’ll keep an eye on that for further balancing.

Centurion looks sick.

I have 17k steel so just enough to buy him.

I'm close to 30K but I'm thorne between getting both caracters or Maxing out my main...

I think I'll max out my main first and then use the rest to buy the Shinobi.

But that's only a week after release. Season Pass owner get them on the 16th, the rest can buy them a week later.

Marvel

could never
OK, can see why this game is full of Orichi's boy is this class FUN.

Deflecting attacks is great lol, I'm getting hatemail.

Arttemis

OK, can see why this game is full of Orichi's boy is this class FUN.

Deflecting attacks is great lol, I'm getting hatemail.
I main an orochi, and the main reasons are the deflects, the back step to forward overhead, and the back dash to running charge. There are too many other orochi players, though, so I'm considering picking up Shinobi as a new main.

I would not argue with an orochi nerf, though. The light attacks are too powerful. The top light 2-hit chain is incredibly fast and does a lot of damage very quickly. That and a side dash make it so easy to turtle while poking enemies.

1upsuper

It's such a fun game, IMO. This is like if Souls mixed with a fighting game, with every move requiring intent and there's always a counter for everything. Nidhogg had a somewhat similar philosophy with how to play mind games or go aggressive, but this is in 3D.

Rocket League and For Honor are all I play. They're like the best combo, fast flying cars and Vikings/Samurai/Knights showdown.

Patch 1.05 actually changed the Berserker super armor to 2 attacks, and those don't even have to land.

Awesome, thanks! Cool that you've played Nidhogg too. That's everything I need to know. I'll pick it up soon most likely.

Marvel

could never
Gone back to Lawbringer until that sexy Centurion releases (sadly I gotta wait, no season pass) does give me time to farm steel for executions and emotes though! the base price of 15k is still untouched, bought that champion status thing too today.

I actually got a compliment today via xbl msg on my nooby rep 1 LB during a fantastic elimination match. Went 8 and 0 and everyone was all classy like. Waiting turns and respectful emotes before duels haha

Very rare!

Usually you don't see that, I know I am no saint and enjoy a bit of ganking from time to time and end up on the recieving end of it too myself every day lol. Refreshing change though.

Alric

Some great stuff to come. I hope they do the same for Orochi they are doing for Raider. Even if they reduce speed or dmg on Zone and maybe give them some more mixups. Otherwise it'll forever be zone, top, with the rare deflect.

have the season pass and am saving up steel for executions/emotes for the centurion

watching gladiator and rome to get in the mood

edit: oh lol i still need to finish the samurai chapter on realistic to get the unlocks and the free 7k steel

Artdayne

This season two event on twitch has been a lot of fun to watch. I think Petemoo is probably going to win this one like he wins most (all?) tournaments he enters. Can't wait to play the Shinobi and Centurion. I'm definitely very interested to play a lot of the Shinobi given how complex his movelist is.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
This season two event on twitch has been a lot of fun to watch. I think Petemoo is probably going to win this one like he wins most (all?) tournaments he enters. Can't wait to play the Shinobi and Centurion. I'm definitely very interested to play a lot of the Shinobi given how complex his movelist is.

He's not excelling in 4v4 right now

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I'm torn between two designs for a Roman-styled emblem in honor of the upcoming Centurion.

The first looks a touch more authentic with regards to the form of the eagle, but the latter seems to me to be clearer in its representation. Any recommendations?

52B7D569C7376F3B98B3848FA3FDD67EF2779EE4

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I'm torn between two designs for a Roman-styled emblem in honor of the upcoming Centurion.

The first looks a touch more authentic with regards to the form of the eagle, but the latter seems to me to be clearer in its representation. Any recommendations?

I'm a fan of the second, more traditional eagle personally.

Go weebs so it can be a tower shield like the actual Roman shields maybe? But yeah I'd go for the second just because it's easier to read.

I really wish you could place emblems on things without the outline and sometimes background though, and for them to be available on everything that symbols are on. Annnd to have symbols and emblems be available with engravings (would look fine with patterned engravings likes caltrops etc)

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I'm a fan of the second, more traditional eagle personally.

Thanks, I was leaning towards the second one myself.

Go weebs so it can be a tower shield like the actual Roman shields maybe? But yeah I'd go for the second just because it's easier to read.

Heh, now there's a clever thought. But I can't abandon my fellow knights now, for this season will be one of redemption.

I really wish you could place emblems on things without the outline and sometimes background though, and for them to be available on everything that symbols are on. Annnd to have symbols and emblems be available with engravings (would look fine with patterned engravings likes caltrops etc)

Yes, please, to all of these.

Oh, and how about giving our preorder skins back, eh, Ubisoft?

I thought they fixed the pre-order outfits. Either way yeah I'd be fine if they just released all pre-order content to the public soon considering the color schemes they locked behind a pre-order are some of the most basic out there.

If a poor sap wants to create a Crusader and didn't pre-order... rip

Brand new to the game, got it on Saturday, and I'm really enjoying my time with it so far. I now realize it's a bit of a joke but I like Orochi's playstyle to most.

Artdayne

I've done practice mode for awhile with both Centurion and Shinobi and they are both a lot of fun. They both have excellent ways of shaking up the defensive meta. Centurion has amazing mixups with a lot of unblockables.

Omg Centurian is AMAZING.

I bought the season pass, couldn't resist lol

I've done practice mode for awhile with both Centurion and Shinobi and they are both a lot of fun. They both have excellent ways of shaking up the defensive meta. Centurion has amazing mixups with a lot of unblockables.

Sweet! At work now... keep the comments coming please!

Also, anything on Connectivity? Do you feel like Matchmaking has improved a bit?

nstine

These new heroes are awesome. Also, don't let a centurion get you locked in a corner with no stamina... his out of stamina punish is ridiculous.

What would you tell someone thinking about getting into this game now? I got it (as a gift) when it first came out, and only put a couple hours into it, and it was only the campaign. I'm not into fighting games and so I kind of put it aside, since there were so many games coming out at the time.

Now it's still on my shelf and I feel like it might be too late to get into it now?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
What would you tell someone thinking about getting into this game now? I got it (as a gift) when it first came out, and only put a couple hours into it, and it was only the campaign. I'm not into fighting games and so I kind of put it aside, since there were so many games coming out at the time.

Now it's still on my shelf and I feel like it might be too late to get into it now?

You guys can co-op the campaign (multiple difficulties) and all modes are playable in co-op against bots of various difficulties if you prefer that route. I did the campaign with a buddy and it was silly fun (and hard on Realistic).

Now is probably a good time to start vs later though since season 2 will bring in more beginners too (it can get pretty damn hard online against good players)

Zyrox

Man gotta get back into this. Right now the new characters are only available for Season Pass holders, right? Guess a pleb like me gotta wait but at least I could get a little MU wxperience against the newcomers in. Also got to check out those Raider buffs. He better be legendary now.

Trace

Banned
I'm definitely waiting until next week for getting the Centurion but he looks mad fun. I haven't been paying too much attention to this game for the last month or so, anyone have a summary of what they've patched?

Man gotta get back into this. Right now the new characters are only available for Season Pass holders, right? Guess a pleb like me gotta wait but at least I could get a little MU wxperience against the newcomers in. Also got to check out those Raider buffs. He better be legendary now.

New Heroes will ba available for all to buy (15K steel each) in a week.

You can still use them in Pratctice mode though.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
They added an option to disable those silly fire/smoke/etc. effects from emotes and executions. Thank you, Ubisoft.

Centurion is tons of fun, particularly when there are three other like-minded players on your team and you bounce your enemies among yourselves.

They added an option to disable those silly fire/smoke/etc. effects from emotes and executions. Thank you, Ubisoft.

Centurion is tons of fun, particularly when there are three other like-minded players on your team and you bounce your enemies among yourselves.

PK ping pong?

As for the equpment stats bar, i also like it better... oh well...

Tried searching on reddit but couldn't get a straight answer. How's the population nowadays on Ps4?

I haven't played since the end of the second round of the faction war. But even back then I would repeatedly get matched against the same person in duels.

Purely anecdotal. Hopefully there's something more concrete out there. I'm curious to.

Top Bottom