• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor |OT| And shame are huge parts of it

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Also, I've played like ~6 hours since the update and have not played a single game on Temple Garden. Only saw it come up in map vote once and there weren't enough players then. Played on Forge twice. ubi pls

I've had exactly the same experience. About 6-7 hours since the update, played Forge only two or three times, while Temple Garden never came up in rotation.

ViviOggi

Haven't seen temple garden either, also connectivity has been pure ass for me since the patch. Not quite launch tier, but close.

And vs AI rewards still aren't fixed (on PC)............

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Also, I've played like ~6 hours since the update and have not played a single game on Temple Garden. Only saw it come up in map vote once and there weren't enough players then. Played on Forge twice. ubi pls

Have you not gone into Map Vote and just
Voted for the new maps? Works almost all the time ...

Have you not gone into Map Vote and just
Voted for the new maps? Works almost all the time ...
I have, they don't show up.

I think there must be some bug related to Temple Garden specifically since there was a thread on the subreddit and people were saying they had never played on it as well.

Regardless Ubi should have boosted the chance of the DLC maps coming up for like 2 or 3 weeks.

Have managed temple garden on Duel quite a few times. Nice not to have environmental hazards all over the place.

Definitely enjoying Centurion more than Shinobi but i can see the latter being excellent in larger game modes with the chasing down of fleeing enemies and having a range attack. I've struggled to get going with all the assassins and this is no different (do enjoy the slide tackle though!!) but have loved the hybrids, maybe that's why i enjoy Centurion more.

Seem to be able to counter even more regularly than before and the Centurion's parry->guard break move is great. Also enjoy kicking people like the scene from 300

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Saw this in Steam:

Thanks to the community feedback, the development team found an issue in the configuration of the World Map preventing players from playing the 2 new maps introduced in Season 2 (Forge & Temple Garden).

We are fixing this misconfiguration server side (with no downtime!) at 1:30PM EDT and it will take about 5 minutes to complete.

nstine

For those who have played Shinobi have any of you noticed any issue's with her dodge roll and revenge?

It's almost like her roll doesn't have any immunity to it. I get caught in rolls with guardbreaks that would normally make people bounce off with other characters (trying to get out of vortex spam/mix ups and etc). With her revenge it seems like there is a huge delay between pressing it and when it goes off and a super specific timing on it to make it auto-parry attacks. I get killed sooo many times because of these things seeming to not work like they do with other characters.

I play on PC.

Marvel

could never
I want to learn him because of wallsplat+unblockable lunge+unblockable knockdown punch+leaping stab.

Like...holy shit, that's so cool looking!
Not only cool looking! you can almost kill shugoki with that sequence lmao it leaves like 1 stock of hp. It does obscene dmg.

What you wanna do is this,

GB, light punch, light punch, wallthrow, fully charged heavy, fully charged punch (GB button) then lunge stab. This can be done from a quick throw too (minus the GB's two punches to the face ofc)

It's really easy.

Centurion THRIVES near the wall, just like some characters in fighters thrive in the corner preassure game. He is one of em, make a wall or a ledge your friend and you are good to go.

Make his heavy attacks safe (ish) with the punch. Though good players will dodge and punish, same for the sparta kick lol.

He plays surprisingly like Lawbringer, since he is my main in the xbox version it didn't take too long to adjust. Be warned, Cen is a bit squishy.

Equip Phalanx and Haymaker as your feats, always. Pugio is pretty good in one on ones (spear that traps) and Body count natrually for Dominion.

Edit: just hot rep 3 with him, awwwww yeah

xqblBs0.gif

and yeah Pugio is great for ledge kills

P358eKL.gif

I use Haymaker and Phalanx as well

krpiper

I played this for a week or two and quite enjoyed it. I had to go out of town for work and then the switch came out so I haven't played in quite some time.

Is it still worth it to jump back in? Is match making improved?

Tactics18

The difficulty of going from P5's menus to For Honor's has been stagering

The menus are a huge part of the experience for me apparently.

Why didn't they put in an option to see the accumulative percentage of the stats in the customize menu. Come on Ubisoft.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I played this for a week or two and quite enjoyed it. I had to go out of town for work and then the switch came out so I haven't played in quite some time.

Is it still worth it to jump back in? Is match making improved?

Improved, yes.
Perfect, no.

Still a ways to go, but better than weeks 3-6 after launch and at least they communicate a roadmap

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The amount of unique animation they put into each character is staggering. I thought this would fall off some with the DLC characters, but it turned out to be some of their best, most animation-dense work yet. Shinobi even has a gender variant (although this is the first time I don't notice any gender-specific animation or customization on a gender-swap character).

You could take ANY for honor character and compare them to ANY adventure or action game protagonist, and For Honor wins the animation battle. And For Honor has 14 goddamn "protagonists".

I'm playing The Witcher 3 atm, and any For Honor character just absolutely shames Geralt in terms of animation and (especially) control.

nstine

Same as any other, dodge, block or parry. It's annoying as hell when you're outnumbered though.

Also something is seriously off with the i-frames on her dodge (or at least double dodge).

So you noticed it too? I'm glad I'm not the only one. The I-frames in general on her seem to be messed up. Rolling, double dodge, revenge and etc. Guardbreaks seem to catch you even if you've already begun to roll and attacks go straight through revenge without being auto-parried 90% of the time. I've found the only way to safely get distance between an attacker with her is to land an attack and use her backflip ability. Otherwise you're pretty much forced to stay in close range, because trying to dodge or roll away just ends up in a guardbreak and punish or an attack tracking you through the dodge.

As for the best way to deal with her ranged attacks ideally you want to parry or counter-guardbreak as this will pull her to you and knock her down allowing for some big punish. If you're fighting multiple people at once you can target someone other than shinobi and just set your block in her direction and her ranged attacks will be auto-blocked as long as you're not in the middle of an attack yourself and etc. Then you just have to watch out for the ranged guardbreak. Also, you can position yourself so that their teammates are in-between you and the shinobi and their attacks/guardbreaks will hit their teammates.

So you noticed it too? I'm glad I'm not the only one. The I-frames in general on her seem to be messed up. Rolling, double dodge, revenge and etc. Guardbreaks seem to catch you even if you've already begun to roll and attacks go straight through revenge without being auto-parried 90% of the time.
Yep, I've only played her in one 4v4 game though so I can't comment about revenge but the most glaring issue I'm getting guard broken while in the middle of my double dodge which.. just.. what

There's also an issue where if a character starts to move towards me with an attack (even if it's interruptible) and I hit them with the ranged heavy, if they're close enough they'll just shrug it off and finish their attack while mine doesn't do any damage. That may be an intentional design choice to make sure the ranged heavy can't be spammed from close/medium range or something but it feels weird as hell.

I'm on PS4.

I created a thread on Reddit about the Shinobi bugs. Hope they're hotfixed soon.

Edit: apparently I was wrong about the teleport, oh well

It just seems weird that the Shinobi can literally disappear and still be broken.

So I've got a Valk question. After parrying, is a forward dash into guard break techable? I've been told it's not a guaranteed guard break anymore, but I've literally never had anyone tech out of it. And I'm not jut fighting newbies; I've duelled a lot of players who should be good enough to tech if it wasn't guaranteed.

Kevdo

I've been away from the game for a week or so and just logged in now to see the results of the patch

The results of the patch are that the equipment I spent steel on leveling up now have completely different stats than what I wanted. I had a Valk helm at 18 with full debuff resistance, and now it has -20%.

Fuck you, Ubisoft.

I've been away from the game for a week or so and just logged in now to see the results of the patch

The results of the patch are that the equipment I spent steel on leveling up now have completely different stats than what I wanted. I had a Valk helm at 18 with full debuff resistance, and now it has -20%.

Fuck you, Ubisoft.

Sucks you feel like that. imo, the stat system needed a rework something fierce. I'm glad they changed it. Too early to tell for sure, but the stat allocation atleast to me seems a lot better.

Inskipp

Fuck you, Ubisoft.
Have you tried sending in a ticket to Ubisoft-support? I'd imagine they would offer some form of reimbursement in situations like this.

It's worth a shot, I feel.

nstine

So I've got a Valk question. After parrying, is a forward dash into guard break techable? I've been told it's not a guaranteed guard break anymore, but I've literally never had anyone tech out of it. And I'm not jut fighting newbies; I've duelled a lot of players who should be good enough to tech if it wasn't guaranteed.

Yes, it is techable, though maybe only against characters with long range weapons like nobushi and etc. Of course against short range characters you shouldn't need to dash to guard break after a parry anyway.

Kevdo

Sucks you feel like that. imo, the stat system needed a rework something fierce. I'm glad they changed it. Too early to tell for sure, but the stat allocation atleast to me seems a lot better.

Sure the system in general needed work, and I'm fine with certain stats being changed (to fix revenge etc), but that's very different from changing the number assigned to a stat that wasn't changed. Imagine if you spent steel on a weapon to max your attack stat, and after the patch it still HAS an attack stat, only it's pulled a 180 and is now negative attack. That's fucked up, and now it's useless.

Sure the system in general needed work, and I'm fine with certain stats being changed (to fix revenge etc), but that's very different from changing the number assigned to a stat that wasn't changed. Imagine if you spent steel on a weapon to max your attack stat, and after the patch it still HAS an attack stat, only it's pulled a 180 and is now negative attack. That's fucked up, and now it's useless.

Yeah one of my fears with upgrading my gear was that they'd patch the stats later. Glad I never bothered lol. I just wish I could make it so literally every piece of gear I have right now just gets the very small bonuses in each category with no negatives.

Even Debuf resistance?

I have no idea what they're gonna nerf or remove so I don't bother. Plus it costs steel and not just salvage which is dumb and I'd rather buy cosmetic stuff with steel. I also think all the 4v4 modes are just kinda casual throwaway modes where balance isn't a factor at all considering the ganking, unblockables, feats etc.

If I could make all my orders duel and brawl I'd probably never play 4v4 again.

I have no idea what they're gonna nerf or remove so I don't bother. Plus it costs steel and not just salvage which is dumb and I'd rather buy cosmetic stuff with steel. I also think all the 4v4 modes are just kinda casual throwaway modes where balance isn't a factor at all considering the ganking, unblockables, feats etc.

If I could make all my orders duel and brawl I'd probably never play 4v4 again.

They are not gonna touch the weapon/armor set up soon. They just changed it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Man... level 2 bots seem like they got buffed. Gankers now, lol...

Shinobi are straight up cancer in 4v4 now Jesus christ. I disliked 4v4 before but now it's even worse.

Countering her ranged guard break doesn't stun her for as long or pull her in as much as it did when the dlc launched and at least one of those changes should be reverted.

Top Bottom