• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For some reason my captures don't end up on XBLN, even though it says it did

Stafford

So for the longest time this has worked fine for me. I just captured a clip or screenshot and it would upload to my console and Xbox Network. But for some damn reason it has stopped just now. The Xbox says it finished uploading my clip, I get a notification via the mobile app and it even shows a thumb of that clip.

But when I select it in the app it says "oops, looks like you're stranded." and when I check my captures on the console they show, but when I select Xbox network it doesn't show it. I've rebooted the console, logged out and in again, nope. This can be such a goddamn mess man.

How do I fix this? I like to show clips to friends, but can't now.

feynoob

From Xbox support
If you don’t see your clips, make sure they’ve been uploaded to the Xbox network and aren’t saved locally to your console. Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Preferences. Select Capture & share. Under “Automatically upload,” make sure you’ve selected Captures by me or games or Captures by me. If you see Don’t upload selected, you can’t currently upload or share your game clips. If you’re still having trouble seeing your clips, get more help at the link below.

More info.
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/search?phrase=Clip problems

Stafford

Yep, checked all of that already too. I really don't get it at all. I haven't checked any settings and this morning it worked fine for one game, Ghostbusters Spirits something something.

Now I'm trying it again with RDR2 and nope....just wtf.

Just tried it again, this time with a screenshot. As soon as it says its finished I press the guide button and then it says "something went wrong."

Fuck this BS.

Last edited:

feynoob

Yep, checked all of that already too. I really don't get it at all. I haven't checked any settings and this morning it worked fine for one game, Ghostbusters Spirits something something.

Now I'm trying it again with RDR2 and nope....just wtf.

Just tried it again, this time with a screenshot. As soon as it says its finished I press the guide button and then it says "something went wrong."

Fuck this BS.
Maybe it's an ongoing issue.

try YouTube guides and see if there is any help there.

feynoob

I tried chatgpt, don't know how useful this info is.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your Xbox captures. Here are a few additional steps you can try to fix the issue:

1. Check your Xbox Live account status: Make sure that your Xbox Live account is in good standing and there are no issues with it. Sometimes, if there are issues with your account, it can affect the uploading of your captures.

2. Clear your Xbox app cache: Try clearing the cache of the Xbox app on your mobile device. This can help to resolve any issues that may be preventing the app from displaying your captures correctly. To do this, go to your device's settings, select "Apps," and then find the Xbox app. Tap on it, and then select "Storage." From there, select "Clear cache."

3. Check your privacy settings: Make sure that your privacy settings are set up correctly. Sometimes, if your privacy settings are too restrictive, it can prevent your captures from being uploaded to Xbox Live. To check your privacy settings, go to your Xbox settings, select "Privacy & Online Safety," and then make sure that your settings are configured to allow you to share your captures.

4. Reinstall the Xbox app: If the above steps don't work, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app on your mobile device. This can help to reset any settings or configurations that may be causing the issue.

5. Contact Xbox support: If none of the above steps work, you can contact Xbox support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or escalate the issue to their technical team.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue and get back to sharing your clips with your friends!

Stafford

I tried chatgpt, don't know how useful this info is.

I will try some of these things tomorrow, but I'm afraid I'll be ending up with Xbox chat support. Which used to be damn good, until they started using “expert gamers" or Whatever it is called instead of actual people that work at Xbox. Chat support hasn't been the same ever since.

I've made a thread at MS Answers too. It's just so weird, all was fine this morning and for weeks it has been fine.

Last edited:

Isa

Mine is having issues as well. I was playing CoD with my friends and saw a funny bug when reloading in 3rd person and my arm was bent all funny and wanted to share it with them but despite saying its uploading and whatnot it won't. Also some gnarly lag spikes at times but my friends experienced it too, we think its down to a lot of people online for the weekend and double xp weekend.

Stafford

Buddy just sent me this

Sg76oWv.jpg

So instead of the Twitter not working anymore, it apparently does, but now they messed it up for the standard way instead, lol.

ManaByte

Buddy just sent me this

Sg76oWv.jpg

So instead of the Twitter not working anymore, it apparently does, but now they messed it up for the standard way instead, lol.
There‘s zero connection with generating a Tweet via the Twitter API and uploading to the Xbox Network. But your post just clarified the true purpose of this thread so I won’t be surprised if people stop trying to solve your problem.

Topher

Gold Member
Just tried to upload an screenshot. First times it said "something went wrong". Second time it said it uploaded but I'm not seeing it in my captures at all. So yeah, seems like an issue they need to fix.

There‘s zero connection with generating a Tweet via the Twitter API and uploading to the Xbox Network. But your post just clarified the true purpose of this thread so I won’t be surprised if people stop trying to solve your problem.

You don't know that. Could be they introduced a bug when removing Twitter. It happens. Why do you have a problem with him trying to figure out this issue? You think his "true purpose" here to throw shade at Xbox or something? I just confirmed it isn't working correctly.

Topher

Gold Member
Does it upload to external services like onedrive? Work in xbox messages etc?

Just tried uploading to onedrive and that isn't working either. Also, I deleted a couple of old screenshots from my library captures and they disappeared but next time I went into the app they were back. Some funky stuff going on.

Edit: Correction. Uploading to onedrive does work. It took 30 minutes for it to show up.

Last edited:

GriffinCorp

Mine worked perfectly for over a year but about 5 months ago it stopped uploading. I tried a number of things but I’m pretty much sure I need to factory reset the console but I just haven’t wanted to take on that task yet. It’s frustrating.

Stafford

I'm sorry, the true purpose of this thread? You lost me there.

My buddy who was trying to help me out as well sent me that picture of the tweet. The tweet literally says it has stopped the sharing of videos and screenshots, exactly the problem I'm having, because I am trying to share it to the network.

No idea what you meant here.

GriffinCorp GriffinCorp

I'm not gonna do that myself, especially after now seeing I'm not the only one. On the XSX Reddit there's a thread about it too, folks with the exact same issue.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Just tried uploading to onedrive and that isn't working either. Also, I deleted a couple of old screenshots from my library captures and they disappeared but next time I went into the app they were back. Some funky stuff going on.

Yeah I just got the founders edition of speedstorm and it bugged out, wouldn't let me download. Some fruitiness. Uploading some pics now though for the ss thread so seems alright on that end.

Actually fucked like the OP says. Mobile alerts but not in gallery, not on the PC companion app either. Oh well lets wait a bit

Last edited:

Stafford

I suggest that you instead wait and try it again at a later time.

Thanks Rostom. You fucking legend. This is the type of help I'd pay for.

There used to be a time where I went onto chat support, USA one, not the Dutch one, that was terrible, and it would be great help.

Havoc2049

I had this issue yesterday as well. My buddy and I, in a sloop, won a battle for a Fort Of Fortune chest from a gally yesterday and we took a trophy shot before turning the chest in. We couldn't "share" the shot with the other crew, ya know, because sharing is caring. 🤣 Hopefully there is a fix soon.

Stafford

Just tried again, nope!

It would be nice if they just acknowledged this in a tweet or something and that they are working on it, but alas.

Three

Just tried again, nope!

It would be nice if they just acknowledged this in a tweet or something and that they are working on it, but alas.
They're being forwarded to GCHQ for a live demonstration at number 10.

In all seriousness I'm sure they have borked something pushing something to production in a hurry. Give it a couple of weeks.

Topher

Gold Member
Something is definitely jacked up. I uploaded a screenshot again and the upload was stuck at 98% but the notification popped up anyway saying it completed. The upload then finished and I received another notification that it completed. But none of my recent screenshots have appeared on the Xbox app. Deleting screenshots on the app still isn't working either.

Just tried again, nope!

Do you have onedrive? Uploading there seems to work

Last edited:

Stafford

Something is definitely jacked up. I uploaded a screenshot again and the upload was stuck at 98% but the notification popped up anyway saying it completed. The upload then finished and I received another notification that it completed. But none of my recent screenshots have appeared on the Xbox app. Deleting screenshots on the app still isn't working either.

Do you have onedrive? Uploading there seems to work

I've never really messed with it, but I might.

Top Bottom