• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those going to E3. Whats the first thing there you're going to try and play?

Ark-AMN

Banned
Just curious as to what everyone wants to do first thing the show begins.

For me, first thing is going to be Metroid Prime 3, no matter the lines.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm tired of last gen games so Metroid Prime 3 does nothing for me, I think it'd probably be Mass Effect if it's playable.

Johnas

Amir0x said:
I'm tired of last gen games so Metroid Prime 3 does nothing for me, I think it'd probably be Mass Effect if it's playable.

You stop that right now

Will this be your first E3? Do you get to go since you're a mod? /ignorant

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I want to check out the PC side of things first but unfortunately I don't have an option. Since I'm checking out all platforms and that includes Nintendo I'm practically forced to see what they have during the press preview Wednesday morning since it'll be packed to the brim during any other time.

Amir0x

Banned
Ancestor said:
You stop that right now

Will this be your first E3? Do you get to go since you're a mod? /ignorant

no i'm not going to E3 at all i'm too poor this year. I just felt like saying that. I'm definitely interested in MP3 :p

Trurl

Banned
I'll probally hunt down Spongebob Revolution to checkout the jellyfishing mechanics.:D
I don't even want to go to E3! Everyone knows it's going to blow this year. :(

Johnas

Amir0x said:
no i'm not going to E3 at all i'm too poor this year. I just felt like saying that. I'm definitely interested in MP3 :p

OK, I remember seeing Sp0rsk in a picture last year, reason I asked. And I know you're kidding ;)

Mrbob

Amir0x said:
I'm tired of last gen games so Metroid Prime 3 does nothing for me, I think it'd probably be Crackdown if it's playable.

O RLY?

If I went I would first go see SK and TOO HUMAN.

ghibli99

I'll probably make a beeline for Nintendo's booth if I get there before the general masses are admitted; otherwise, I'm just gonna go wherever the 'current' takes me, and then visit my friends at Atlus, BVG, Squenix, etc.

Ark-AMN

Banned
yeah, I hope that the special hours in the morning aren't too crowded. And of course, there's always something that may come up regarding what AMN wants me to do.

It's going to be a very busy day thats for sure.

Like last E3 the first thing I'll play is Phantasy Star Universe. But maybe I'll play Madden 07 since EA is right in front.

EDIT - I'm acctually more of a watch person also. I'll just stand there and watch someone play then move on since half the time people are struggling with the game or controller.

Gigglepoo

I'm going to Nintendo's booth first. Luckily, the media gets 2 hours alone on the showfloor to start the show so it won't be quite as crowded there. If the Rev is great, I'll probably spend the whole two hours there. If not, I'll head over to Sony's booth. Either way, I can't imagine I'll do much other than those two booths the first day.

Amir0x

Banned
Mrbob said:
O RLY?

If I went I would first go see SK and TOO HUMAN.

i probably would go down to the Crackdown booth to make fun of people playing it, yeah. that's a pretty good idea

First I'm going to get dragged to Konami Booth

Second I think the west hall is where everyone is going to go first so I'm NOT. Heh. I think I'll check out microsofts booth, they always have an interesting set up. Actually Liked their set up 2 years ago MUCH better than last years. It was cool going up the ramp down into the "gamezone" haha.

Third I'll probably check out Squeenix they always have such cool stuff on display like Models and a great trailer. Of course I'll be WAY late to get tickets for their damn "theatre" screw that shit.

Next I'm not sure yet I'll have to check the Booth Lay out, OH maybe Bethesda won't be duechy and have something for non-press this year. HMMMM? YOU HEAR ME.

*fast forward several hours*

Show up drunk in Kentia hall YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I have to check out Rev software first... just because... its so new.

2 hour media floor access is going to be super fantastic to get around all those lines :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Without a doubt, Madden 2007 Xbox 360.

Here's the rest of my list:
2) Madden 2007 Xbox
3) Madden 2007 PS2
4) Madden 2007 PSP
5) Madden 2007 GC
6) Madden 2007 DS

Sounds like a winner to me.

I have to check out Rev software first... just because... its so new.

2 hour media floor access is going to be super fantastic to get around all those lines

I guarantee that there will be a lot more media fools than expected. :lol

Mrbob

Wellington said:

2) Madden 2007 Xbox
3) Madden 2007 PS2
4) Madden 2007 PSP
5) Madden 2007 GC
6) Madden 2007 DS

Madden 07 GC and DS? Yuck. :p Give us the good word on Madden 07 360, mmmkay! :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Wellington said:

Yea.. but... since the majority of N.A. prefers Playstation... wouldn't their bosses uh... make them wait on the PS3 line first... maybe? haha

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
I don't know, probably Trauma Center Revolution since the DS version was the first thing I happened to play last year.

Wellington said:

2) Madden 2007 Xbox
3) Madden 2007 PS2
4) Madden 2007 PSP
5) Madden 2007 GC
6) Madden 2007 DS

When I see you day 1, your ass is grass lol.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'll be doing whatever the fuck Nintendo's line is first. That is the WORST part about E3. The stupid line that we have to wait on to see whatever it is they want to make us wait for. The thing wraps around the entirety of their booth and others. Fucking BS!

Ice: You may be into Madden, but I can probably reverse engineer it at this point. :lol

Ark-AMN

Banned
If the line is way out of hand, then I'll probably run over the MS's booth in the south hall to play one of the Unreal 3 3, Too Human, Gears of War or Mass Effect.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
God of War 2, Gears of War, any PS3-ing that will probably not occur, and I'm most certainly going to be all up on the Revolution, baby. And while I'm not expecting too much in terms of "newness," Guitar Hero 2 needs to be played immediately.

LukeSmith

John Harker said:
Yea.. but... since the majority of N.A. prefers Playstation... wouldn't their bosses uh... make them wait on the PS3 line first... maybe? haha

No, and depending what outlet they work for you might be asked to step aside for them :(

acidviper

Banned
civilstrife said:
The only right answer to this thread:

TEH Booth Babez!!1!1

if they didn't get nerfed this year :(
I googled wheelchair + panda and this is what it gave me.
lgPanda.jpg

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Too soon to know. Obviously, I'll be one of the dorks near-jogging and elbowing my way to the Nintendo booth during early press hours, but I have a bad feeling there won't be THAT many Rev stations open on the floor. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm just praying that some things I don't really expect to be there (like VF5, After Burner Climax, Gradius VI, Silent Hill 5) are playable on the show floor. I'm also really looking forward to getting my hands on Loco Roco and Okami (again).

Geek said:
Too soon to know. Obviously, I'll be one of the dorks near-jogging and elbowing my way to the Nintendo booth during early press hours, but I have a bad feeling there won't be THAT many Rev stations open on the floor. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm just praying that some things I don't really expect to be there (like VF5, After Burner Climax, Gradius VI, Silent Hill 5) are playable on the show floor. I'm also really looking forward to getting my hands on Loco Roco and Okami (again).
George Harrison said in the interview that there would be many, so who knows?

Anyway, I'll be trying to play whichever Nintendo title entices me the most at the pre-E3 press conference (of those that actually end up playable that is).

bjork said:
^ this man is wise

The reason its better to watch than play is that there is inevitably always some huge guy with a 7-11 Big Gulp, a backpack, and a strange odor -- with whatever game you wish you could be trying attached firmly to his sweaty palms.

I probably won't be getting to play anything until at least halfway through Thursday since I will be doing lots of video taping and editing. I most likely will be assigned to go straight to Nintendo's booth with our rev/gc eic to film whats going on there.

Other than that I gonna take a look at MS's booth as I've heard there are going to be some good things going on there. Take a stroll through thenrest of South Hall as there are always 3rd party gems to be found that aren't at the main system booths.

Gotta spend just a few minutes at least in Kentia Hall...even though it is the lowest of lows for the expo. There are supposed to be some interesting gadgets this year or something.

Top Bottom