• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those interested: MMORPG.com's giving away Auto Assault Beta keys.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Got in the beta a week or so ago, but haven't been able to play it yet. Really want to try it though.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Anyone else play this yet?

I don't know about it. It's fun, but I can't imagine playing for months on end. Seems like the gimmick would wear thin after about 30 hours.

siege

Banned
I am STILL downloading the fracking pos. It's a 2.6 gig d/l and it's been going for 8 hours or more. Slowest server ever.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
You basically drive around shooting NPC cars and various critters, and collect their loot. The problem is, the combat is really basic. There is no front/side/rear armor, it's just one bar. There doesn't seem to be much strategy to fighting, other than trying to stay on someone's tail.

It's action combat, but it's kinda MMO-esque. For instance, I have a mortar on my car. If I have something targetted, and it's in range anywhere around my car, I shoot it and it may hit or may miss, it's a die roll.

There are front and rear mounted weapons as well, and you have to have the target in your front/rear arc for these. I don't really see if that is going to make combat compelling enough to make anyone want to play this for more than 10 hours.

Top Bottom