• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those that went digital on the Switch, how is it going nearly 3 months after?

Digital everything for me. Have 5 or 6 games on a 128gb card and still over 100gb available. Good to go so far. Feel like digital is the way to go for ultimate portability.

I've started going digital for portables. It's very nice to have all your games right there, especially with how fast the Switch OS is and how fast most games load. I think it helps keep more games in the rotation.

Still debating if I want to do it with consoles.

90 percent digital on Switch here. It's one of only two gaming devices I have that I'm primarily a digital customer on, the other one being my PC.

Couldn't be happier, the convenience far outweighs any other consideration because of how the Switch works (throw down with a friend anytime/anywhere, with a wide selection of games). I'll be buying more physical in the future for collection purposes, but games with a heavy multiplayer slant will continue being digital purchases in my book.

Fireblend

Banned
Zelda is my only physical game so far, though Disgaea will join it soon. Mario Kart, Puyo Puyo, Snipperclips and Wonder Boy work really well as digital titles, specially the multiplayer stuff. Really tempted to go digital with Splatoon.

Tubie

I have 2 physical (Zelda, and MK8) and 3 digital (Fast RMX, Puyo Tetris, and Shovel Knight collection).

I kinda wish I went digital with MK8, would be super convenient since I'm not done with Zelda.

As far as the experience goes, its been great. Games load super quick, and you can switch between them insanely fast.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Wonderboy
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Bomberman

eshop credit the only thing stopping me from getting more games, have to buy more in order to get Ultra SF on the 26th!

yankee666

Im 95% digital, only zelda is physical. Like you OP I plan to get Odyssey on game card and some other big games too.
I love what Nintendo is doing with Splatoon 2. Is mix of both worlds, A game box with digital code. I hope more games follow soon

Neiteio

Physical:
- Breath of the Wild

Digital:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Super Bomberman R
- Shovel Knight
- Snipperclips
- Thumper

ARMS and Splatoon 2 are definite digital purchases, too.

Digital on Switch is glorious. I got MK8D on internal storage for faster loading. Everything else on a 64GB microSD I can upgrade as needed. And this allows me to keep my Zelda cart in the slot.

I got my email receipts proving my purchases. The eShop has the "add needed funds" feature so you spend no more than necessary. It's been completely pain-free, and it's SO worth it.

Seriously, the ability to effortlessly switch from Zelda to Mario Kart by simply tapping the home button is fantastic.

Digital is the way to go, especially for multiplayer titles like Mario Kart, ARMS and Splatoon 2. I also plan to get Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario Odyssey this way, and Pokémon Stars and Smash Bros (if they're real).

Not sure yet about Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Might get that physical if it's too massive.

Pretty good to be honest, no issues here
I have a 64 GB sd card

I currently have
Thumper
Disgaea 5 demo
Minecraft
Mario Kart 8
Arms Testpunch
Zelda
Wonder boy
Puyo puyo demo
VOEZ
Graceful explosion machine
World of Goo

Is that just hiding it from the home screen?

Answered but yeah, archiving keeps your save data and game icon on the home screen but removes game data. You can instantly redownload a game by clicking on its icon.

It's great because I can keep space whilst still feeling like I own the game. I always hated how on other consoles removing a game would remove it from your library. I would constantly forget what I owned, so it's something I'm glad to see Nintendo rectified.

Played a bit of Zelda and that's it. Few hours. Haven't really touched it since Persona 5 and I just don't want to play it (Zelda) on public transport to/from work. Doubt I'll get back to it until winter now.

I do have SFII on order and interested in Splatoon 2, so I'll get some more use out of it soon.

Putosaure

I considered going digital for games like MK8D, but they really should consider not selling their games full price. I guess you're paying for the convenience of having everything on the go ?

JCX

It's pretty great. Not a huge change for me though since I was 95% digital on Vita and about 80% digital on 3DS. The convenience factor is huge. Only downside is not getting preorder discounts on new games like Amazon does with physical ones.

sfried

Surprisingly the 32GB is carrying me along well. I still don't have a microSD card yet, but hopefully those would drop in price by the time my memory starts to get full.

Beth Cyra

It's okay, lack of Cloud saves though make me uncomfortable.

I don't any game cards after selling Zelda and will likely keep it that way until MARIO while I continue to purchase stuff digital.

Will be getting more when certain titles go on sale later down the line like Isaac and Setsuna.

So thus far 5.5/6 for me. Will junk to 8 when I got Cloud Saves.

Top Bottom