• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes Contributor, 4chan - First leak suggesting Xbox Series X may be LESS powerful than PS5. 12.6 Teraflop PS5?

GHG

Not this shit again. Please close this crap

3ktsmn.jpg

base

Banned
What mistake?
Pro was needed to boost VR performance.

All the 4k checkerboarding stuff was just an extra for regular games because the extra power was available and used as PR to sell the Pro to the masses.
4k was an addition? But still it was advertised as 4k gaming console.

base

Banned
2 birds, one stone. The biggest difference between base PS4 and Pro is noticeable when you play VR.

But yeah, your last sentence is what I said as well.
You really think Sony would give up 4k if they knew about Xbox one x coming? Don't think so.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
what are you Talking about? That’s why Xbox one X is currently the most powerful console? Doesn’t make any sense.
Also Sony is shifting to services as well - same as MS.
You will see MUCH LESS single player AAA exclusives nextgen. Sony already confirmed it.
What they said is that Sony will spend more time if needed and put more funding into their biggest exclusives but some of their MP titles will also release on PC

Single player AAA exclusives are still Sony's specialty and they will still have some 3P exclusives

Hobbygaming

ALL currently active insiders are saying XSX is more powerful. 🦾❎
Let's do a roundup of what people close to the industry have heard or said

Jason Schreier: Said both consoles are very powerful
Colin M: Heard PS5 is more powerful
Kleegamefan: Said PS5 is more powerful
Tom Warren: Thinks XSX is more powerful

What have others said?

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
There’s a whole other thread for this sort of babble, and yes, I know it’s hard to swallow for some, but the general info right now is they the SX>PS5, but only slightly, and that doesn’t matter when it comes down it.

But let’s keep pushing the PS5 being this beast compared to SX narrative, that’s fun. They are both the same, near as damn it, that’s bloody great news.

Psykodad

Banned
You really think Sony would give up 4k if they knew about Xbox one x coming? Don't think so.
Dunno, but we do know that Xbone X is a reaction to Pro.
Also, no idea what that has to do with the Pro being intended more to boost VR performance and in turn PSVR sales, so they could build a installbase for VR.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
As the months to the launch of the new consoles diminish......Much more valid leaks will take spot.....I realize all the 9TF planted FUD has now been expunged from the atmosphere and some people are feeling a bit uneasy as more probable leaks seep through....

mejin

As the months to the launch of the new consoles diminish......Much more valid leaks will take spot.....I realize all the 9TF planted FUD has now been expunged from the atmosphere and some people are feeling a bit uneasy as more probable leaks seep through....

some people just want to be delusional. xbox won't be more powerful and cheaper than ps5. ps4 situation is not happening again.

some people just want to be delusional. xbox won't be more powerful and cheaper than ps5. ps4 situation is not happening again.
Yea they want ms to recreate that scenario for ps5 . The Sooner they realize it’s not happening , the happier they will be . Seems that experience took a toll on them and they run to Albert penello and Tim dog and proelite and Xbox discord fans to seeks that redemption and confirmation . atleast they will get good poems from Colbert about his love for Xbox . That counts for something 👀😂

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
And why is that? It's not like Sony is not in better position this gen or MS for that matter? Why kind of special condition were in 2013, that they are not now, what changes? I am not talking about advantage of MS, just when it comes to both HW manufacturers...

And why is that? It's not like Sony is not in better position this gen or MS for that matter? Why kind of special condition were in 2013, that they are not now, what changes? I am not talking about advantage of MS, just when it comes to both HW manufacturers...
Ms focused on entertainment side of things like Kinect and tv so less focus on gaming power and gpu . But both are not doing that. both are focusing on these as game platforms . Last time Sony only focused on ps4 as gaming device .

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Ms focused on entertainment side of things like Kinect and tv so less focus on gaming power and gpu . But both are not doing that. both are focusing on these as game platforms . Last time Sony only focused on ps4 as gaming device .
Sure, but if I understand the post right, he implied, that situation with 399$ modestly powerfull console is not happening from either vendor. So I wanted to ask why. Because i don't see that huge change in IT landscape when it comes to power/price ration over the announcement of the current gen consoles, if anything things improved, whn it comes to memory prices, CPU prices and storage spaces. SSD in 2012/2013 was fucking astronomical.

So maybe I misread that, but that's how I understand the post, I reacted to.

JaffeLion

Banned
Why is Sony not revealing it then? They know how powerful the Xbox series x will be. Microsoft confirmed it.
Why not tell it then, if PS5 is more powerful?

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
will still be weaker than my PC 🤷‍♂️

i don't care which is more powerful. i'll buy whatever one has games i can't play on PC...that's looking like PS5.

i really have to laugh at people getting so worked up about consoles specs. it's still a console and if you really care about how powerful the parts are and how good performance/graphics will be then...wtf you doing buying a console anyway?

wolffy71

Banned
How can so many people with literally zero first hand knowledge argue about which rumor is correct? Its all just a guess. Is one rumor likely to be more accurate? Maybe, but its just gonna be by coincidence.

Aion002

lol

console owners: "i want 4k!" "i want 60fps as standard" "i want 120-240fps!" "i want raytracing" "pls sony don't make the PS5 sound like a jet engine!" "i want super fast 2TB SSDs!"

sony: "ok, it'll cost $500"

console owners: surprisedpikachu.jpg
People are weird. Just buy a PC for that. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I will never understand this mentality of "creating the most powerful hardware" that Sony and MS have..... PC will always be ahead. So in no way I am gonna spend 500 dollars on a video game, while my pc does everything better... Now 400 or less? Sure. I like trophies and console exclusives.

Yeah... it's just 100 bucks more. But naaah... I am good. I will wait a price drop... That will sure come as your console fails hard like the PS3 or the One. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

I think the thing that Nintendo wishes more right now is that the Ps5 and the Series X to be extremelly powerful to cost 500 plus dollars.... :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
There’s a whole other thread for this sort of babble, and yes, I know it’s hard to swallow for some, but the general info right now is they the SX>PS5, but only slightly, and that doesn’t matter when it comes down it.

But let’s keep pushing the PS5 being this beast compared to SX narrative, that’s fun. They are both the same, near as damn it, that’s bloody great news.

We would rather not have the type of commentary in this thread bleed into the OT, hence why this honeypot is staying open.

Someone who just can’t help themselves tried drumming up old drama in the OT, and earned a lengthy time out for it.

thelastword

Banned
I love how some gaffers flatout refuse to accept anything other than the 12 vs 9 tflops narrative in favor of MS

If PS5 turns out to be more powerful, the meltdown will be glorious.
If you think that will be exciting, I raise you the possibility of Series X at 9.2TF vs PS5 at 12.6TF...…...That would be meltdowns on cosmic and epic proportions.....I don't know if GAF would survive it.....I'm already seeing big issues and deflection at 12.6 vs 11.8TF....Anything less for the green team and there will be heat...….Some people have been so convinced that "MS will not concede any power to the competition, that just won't happen ever again"

Citations: Albert Penello, Lying 101, Page Ass117....

Hobbygaming

I love how some gaffers flatout refuse to accept anything other than the 12 vs 9 tflops narrative in favor of MS

Yep. I honestly don't mind if PS5 is less powerful because the devs working for Sony would still make unbelievable looking games, but I would like to see the meltdowns it would be entertaining

VAL0R

Banned
There is just too much smoke implying XSX is more powerful to have come from nothing, imo. That combined with Phil's emphasis that XSX will be the leader in power (a leaked internal doc says "undisputed leader" in power), makes me think it's very unlikely Sony pulls it off. And then there is the enormous resource disparity between the companies in favor of MS. If Sony pulls it off though and PS5 takes the power crown I will be very impressed and take my hat off to them. MS is going to great lengths to avoid that outcome. MS is seeing this 2020 XSX/XCloud launch as a rebirth of the brand and it looks like they are sparing no expense.

HolyTruth

Banned

huh? The thread is the exAct opposite as you can see here.
I mean it’s so pathetic, they even take 4chan leaks for real. 😂

Javthusiast

Banned
How many freaking rumours did we have now where one day the xbox is more powerful and the other the ps5? Tired of this shit.

PocoJoe

Banned
I hope not. I will not pay 500 bucks on a video game.

Well then dont buy old rare nintendo games etc that cost 500?

current gen fames are around 70 so why would they jump up to 500 per game, madness.

if you meant console, then write console.

Top Bottom