• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forespoken probably doesn't have Denuvo anymore !!!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
And Im one of them :messenger_beaming: I had a blast playing through it. Perfect podcastc/checkbox game and the most fun traversal since Infamous. The demo was a shit way to introduce people to how the combat flows, but once it clicks naturally during a playthrough it's super fun. I dont regret paying full price and I enjoyed it more than a handful of other heavy hitters this year.

And questionable writing aside, Frey is infinitely more likable to me than pretty much every other major female protag currently in games . Frey > Ellie, Abby, Aloy, Croft etc
Frey is surely very flawed but she is relatable. She is too stubborn for a bit too long but she has a character arc. (btw, I really like Abby as a character. I might just like flawed characters)

Love this background track when exploring. I need to get the dlc still but I've got other stuff to play. Studio is closed so they won't mind if I will wait with the dlc anyway...

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Frey is surely very flawed but she is relatable. She is too stubborn for a bit too long but she has a character arc. (btw, I really like Abby as a character. I might just like flawed characters)

Love this background track when exploring. I need to get the dlc still but I've got other stuff to play. Studio is closed so they won't mind if I will wait with the dlc anyway...

Whenever the DLC drops a few bucks in price and I have a clean slate to knock something out that isnt too long, Ill definitely be all over it

Kataploom

Gold Member
Im playing Sekiro.

Probably a lot better than this turd of a game
Come on, I haven't played Forspoken and the dialogs really pulls me back (I'll give it a try tho), but Sekiro is literally one of the best games ever, of course barely any other game can compete lol, unfair comparison. The people that liked Forspoken don't say it's a GOTG or even GOTY, just that it's a pretty enjoyable game.

It's amazing that the first post in this thread is from rabid xbox fanboy, the same fanboy who simped for high on life in another thread just yesterday

Goes to show that a great majority of the hate this game gets is due to pure fanboyism. The game might not be the best, but calling it trash is ridiculous.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Frey is infinitely more likable to me than pretty much every other major female protag currently in games . Frey > Ellie, Abby, Aloy, Croft etc
Tbh she looks like she bears all of the annoying tropes of modern diverse writing. Girl boss, strong and independent female who's aggressive towards men just because they have a penis, Black Lives Matter poster child for girls (because boys already had Miles Morales), and most likely gay.

I can't be sure, though. It would be really nice if this wasn't the case.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Tbh she looks like she bears all of the annoying tropes of modern diverse writing. Girl boss, strong and independent female who's aggressive towards men just because they have a penis, Black Lives Matter poster child for girls (because boys already had Miles Morales), and most likely gay.

It isnt. At all.

Kataploom

Gold Member
This is not a good game. It's also not the worst game of the year.
And it's pretty much dead now, with an insignificant player base. Even for a single player game.
It also doesn't help that Square keeps it's price rather high.

C2YsxXi.png
Doesn't matter people can't enjoy it if it fits their mood, tastes or whatever 🤷‍♂️

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I mean it's a really simple motivation. Not sure why everyone expects every game to have some grand top level story telling.
maybe because .......... IT'S A SQUARESOFT RPG :messenger_grinning_sweat:

But best story in the world cannot overcome the bland shallow gameplay loop.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Oh, thank FUCK!

Finally, Forspoken can cast aside this unfair public notion that it's a shitty game because of Denuvo implementation and finally take it's hard fought and earned Place as just a regular shitty game!

A.Romero

Just a couple of days ago I saw the PS5 version selling for about $20 on the equivalent of Gamestop of my country. Just as a reference, Bloodborne for PS4 is about $25.

I've never seen a PS5 physical release selling for that price.

Doom85

She actually gets criticized for focusing too much on what she needs a certain male character to help her with and not paying enough attention to his health issues and how it affects his daughter. She loses a friend as a result and has to learn from this.

There is also a suggestion she might be suffering from suicidal depression at the beginning, which explains why she isn’t as thrilled to be looked at as a potential savior throughout the game (people praising you doesn’t magically cure mental health problems).

Romance was never brought up. She’s basically homeless in her world, and she’s kind of focused on either getting home or stopping the bad guys in the fantasy world.

I’m not saying she’s a brilliantly written character by any means, but I don’t think she was that bad at the end of the day.

consoul

I didn't like the demo, but recently picked up a cheap used copy on PS5, and to be fair, the game in its current patched state is not bad.

It suffers from a slow start, but once your abilities open up, it's good. I'm guessing the patches have done a lot of heavy lifting, because this game is not the trash everyone said it was at launch.

Really mod, you're gonna delete my post with the reason I need to "learn to handle different opinions"? Pointing out that those opinions are by people who haven't even played this game isn't "learning to handle different opinions", those posts are trash and contribute nothing aside from needless off-topic bashing.

Drizzlehell

Banned
She actually gets criticized for focusing too much on what she needs a certain male character to help her with and not paying enough attention to his health issues and how it affects his daughter. She loses a friend as a result and has to learn from this.

There is also a suggestion she might be suffering from suicidal depression at the beginning, which explains why she isn’t as thrilled to be looked at as a potential savior throughout the game (people praising you doesn’t magically cure mental health problems).

Romance was never brought up. She’s basically homeless in her world, and she’s kind of focused on either getting home or stopping the bad guys in the fantasy world.

I’m not saying she’s a brilliantly written character by any means, but I don’t think she was that bad at the end of the day.
At least they didn't try to force a gay romance on her, which is already a step in the right direction, I guess.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

YTeah the game is not woke at all.
The only weird sus part is that EVERY IMPORTANT character is a woman(all bosses too). The only guy is a dying crazy old man

Top Bottom