• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former GameTrailers Crew Announcement 03.21.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing i ask is that they need to embrace youtube or twitch a little more this time.

They didn't embarce it before because they were force to not do it. They would've been one of the first media sites to do that if it weren't for Viacom, so now I think is fair to say they will make them part of their strategy.

utlcawg.gif
Perfect lol

LifEndz

Glad to hear they're doing something. Hope it has a podcast. I discovered GTTime about a month before they closed. Loved the mostly to the point games talk.

it's really weird how much influence GT has on my gaming... I've pretty much left the gaming scene since GT closed. Really excited to hear about what's coming up next with them!

farisr

Glad to hear they're doing something. Hope it has a podcast. I discovered GTTime about a month before they closed. Loved the mostly to the point games talk.
Streams and podcasts are some of the easiest things to do, they're mainly a time investment. Whatever their funding structure is like, these are likely to be the first things on the agenda. So they will likely be there even if the funding only reaches the minimum amount required.

This is how I expect the funding thing will probably work out:

----Minimum funding goal----
Streams
Podcast
-
-
Shows (Final Bosman, Huber Hype, Mandatory Update)\
-
-
-
Reviews
-
-
-
-
-
-
Retrospectives
---Highest Funding Goal---

jett

D-Member
A complete sausage party.

I wonder what their plans are. Seems like there are too many people involve for them actually make a living off something like Patreon.

sora87

Instead of full reviews for every game, they could do a weekly show where they discuss the games that came out and call it "Everything Gets a 10 (Except Resident Evil 6)"

Socivol

Can they Kickstart a new site? I have never supported a Kickstarter campaign but I am totally interested in helping them get back to creating great content.

sora87

Can they Kickstart a new site? I have never supported a Kickstarter campaign but I am totally interested in helping them get back to creating great content.

Brandon said a site isn't high on the priority list, I imagine they'll be focusing on a youtube and twitch channel

Instead of full reviews for every game, they could do a weekly show where they discuss the games that came out and call it "Everything Gets a 10 (Except Resident Evil 6)"

I think stuff like this would be nice as a separate podcast. GT Time was always more of a topical show and less about what they have played lately, so a podcast about what they have played lately and their thoughts on it would be nice. I don't really want to sort through every Lets Play or whatever they do on twitch to gather that. For instance Giant bomb has quick looks for nearly every game that comes out but they still dive deep in the Bombcast about what they have played recently. Which is perfect for me because I don't necessarily want to watch an hour of SFV to get Jeff's thoughts on SFV.

KRaZyAmmo

Please let the e3 coverage, final bosman, GT time, and rest of the show come back in some form. I miss them being part of my daily routine. My hype level is Huber Hype level right now especially since I saw those teases last night.

Man, this is still the best news I've heard all day. There's still a little piece of me that feels empty whenever a new game comes out/big news happens and I can't hear about it on GTTime.

Just give me a spiritual successor to GT Time. My Thursdays haven't been the same since it went away.
They gotta keep the past bets going too. Especially now that we know the NX is coming out this year.

Hopefully this draws parallels to the Kojima leaving Konami situation. They coming back more driven and happier than ever.

Wish you guys the best and I'll be there to support the crew.

I'm very pleased to see that they are getting this together so quickly. Hopefully they can get things rolling smoothly enough to capitalize on E3.

And most importantly, bring back Buttons.

Yesssss!

Please let the e3 coverage, final bosman, GT time, and rest of the show come back in some form. I miss them being part of my daily routine. My hype level is Huber Hype level right now especially since I saw those teases last night.

Yeah, I miss these so much. Really happy they are getting something together so swiftly.

I need me some GT time too. Keep the concept, just change the name. Oh, and we can't have E3 without E3 bets!

This. I'd added GT Time to regular listens and ofcourse their build up to events with stuff like the bets.

Hoping for E3 (and general gaming announcement) coverage, team playthroughs interrupted with HOT TAKES, and Bosman and Huber yelling at each other.

With these three things I will be happy.

Yeah I hope so too. I wish they could pull someting off like the German guys of Rocketbean.tv. Their website and TV show was also shut down so they started a twitch channel where they play games and stream their shows (not only games but also talkshows, shows about movies, sports, doing their own gameshows and stuff). When not live they just replay some old stuff. It's like a TV channel. And it seems to work pretty good.
But they were also pretty popular in Germany and I don't think GT has quite the iconic status like they do.

They didn't embarce it before because they were force to not do it. They would've been one of the first media sites to do that if it weren't for Viacom, so now I think is fair to say they will make them part of their strategy.

I hope .

huh? didn't most of their stuff go up on youtube and didn't they stream nearly every night?
Most of the gametrailers content weren't available on youtube i believe. Only part of it.
Their player wasn't good witch killed my will of watch their content.

jbluzb

I am so happy the crew is coming back together.😄 will show my support too as how can you hire so many people

sora87

Most of the gametrailers content weren't available on youtube i believe. Only part of it.
Their player wasn't good witch killed my will of watch their content.

That was true for many years, but the past 2 or so they've uploaded everything they make to their youtube channels, most times even before it's on the site.

That was soooooo gooood!

Wait. If he can't keep the show's title, doesn't that mean Huber Hype and ManUps are both untouchable? So if this new GT thing brings back those guys to do their shows, they'll all have to be done with different titles?

I thought this would be obvious to anyone. Defy is just going to sit on those things as they are all owned by Defy.

Mikey Jr.

The fuck does Defy want with the Final Bosman lol.

The site is about to implode, and the only people actually saving videos are the fans. Are Defy such assholes? Zero notice that they were being let go, ohh and "fuck you, you can't take anything with you, k thx bye."

The fuck does Defy want with the Final Bosman lol.

The site is about to implode, and the only people actually saving videos are the fans. Are Defy such assholes? Zero notice that they were being let go, ohh and "fuck you, you can't take anything with you, k thx bye."

This is standard operating procedure for corporations, its sad that its normal.

I still am subscribed to GT time, vainly checking it once a week even though I know it will never update again... I cannot wait for these guys to come back^^ E3 without them would feel so empty.

I was wondering if they'd be able to keep the names of their shows. What wankers Defy truly are.

What about "Huber Hype"? Will Mike be sued soon for using that when he's on Twitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom