• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Splinter Cell Director Joins Ubisoft’s Revamped Editorial Team

Mista

Banned
splinter-cell.jpg

Joining that restructured editorial team is Maxime Beland (via VGC). Beland’s LinkedIn profile shows that he has rejoined Ubisoft, after having spent a few months at Epic Games (whom he joined after a long stint at Ubisoft in the first place).

During his first stint at Ubisoft – which lasted over 20 years – Beland worked on various big projects, including the likes of the first Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry 4, Far Cry Primal, and Far Cry 5. He was also the creative director on several major projects – Rainbow Six: Vegas, Splinter Cell: Conviction, and Splinter Cell: Blacklist – while he also co-founded Ubisoft’s Toronto studio.

Roni

Gold Member
I didn't like Beland's work all that much in Conviction, but he did redeem himself with Blacklist.

He said the more conventional SC stuff was missing from Conviction due to time and that it would comeback in Blacklist and that's pretty much what happened.

Hopefully, he can continue SC from where he left off with Blacklist...

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Great move, he’s been a part of a lot of awesome games. Really looking forward to see how the company moves forward after two serious let downs in Ghost Recon and The Division 2

Strider311

It’s really simple Ubi. Just make more Splinter Cell like Conviction and Blacklist. No gear scores and open world filler.

cHaOs667

I would love to see a new Splinter Cell SP Game with all the bells and whistles of the next gen (Fog, Lightning, Water) but I doubt that Ubisoft is interested in a adult and action oriented game.

...and while I wait I replay Conviction - with a bit of a distance from the series I kinda like it (after 10 years or so).

Last edited:
Top Bottom