• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grug

Christian Horner and Paul Di Resta both stating that Vettel would have got in front of Kimi on an undercut as well. What would they know though right?

Wow, the first hour was awesome! The Test Punch completely sold me on ARMS!

The second hour, with some cars driving around some streets, was pretty awful.

John_B

If we don't count the start or the safety car situation then we only had Perez trying to overtake Kvyat and that went poorly.

I might have felt some enjoyment if Raikkonen had won it. Not sure why Ferrari thought they had to use him as a guard against the desperat undercut attempt from Verstappen. It landed him in traffic and cost him the win.

Also Magnussen is weirdly unlucky. Two races in a row where he has to pit from a strong position with a puncture.

Lach

I mean i love the c4 coverage but the ad breaks every 5min are grading. I'm thankfull for no ad breaks during the race though.

Mastah

If we don't count the start or the safety car situation then we only had Perez trying to overtake Kvyat and that went poorly.

We had much more than that, but useless tv director missed almost all of it. There was passing and repassing between Perez and Stroll, Palmer, and Kvyat and we only saw one move on Kvyat. I think there were at least 5 overtakes involving Perez.

mclem

Well on the bright side, Canada is next and that's usually a good race.

L2LNMzO.jpg

"I'm Red-shouldered blackbird, and I approve this message"

Ninman

Wehrlein left the door wide open allowing Button up the inside, he then looked at his mirror and shut the door. It was his fault 100% - those blaming Button need to look at the onboards again.

Button is a gentleman and a scholar.
Wat
You can make the same argument for the Pérez/Kvyat clash. But and Per deserve a penalty.

Upinsmoke

Amazing argument, well-articulated.

Why bother articulating when your straight out wrong. The fact you have two manufacturers that are competing with each other at the top for the first time for what, 6 plus years? Means it cannot be the worst for years.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
L2LNMzO.jpg

"I'm Red-shouldered blackbird, and I approve this message"

Those 90 minutes were more entertaining that pretty much any dry Monaco.

Why bother articulating when your straight out wrong. The fact you have two manufacturers that are competing with each other at the top for the first time for what, 6 plus years? Means it cannot be the worst for years.

Sure, if you're interested in the change of WCC points in a spreadsheet at the end of each race, then this season is spectacular. If you're interested in watching the cars race each other then this is shit.

The battle in the WDC has been more interesting in most of the last few seasons, if numbers are your thing.

I mean i love the c4 coverage but the ad breaks every 5min are grading. I'm thankfull for no ad breaks during the race though.
Well, that's funny. Just when C4 went on an ad break, I switched to Sky, only to see that they're on a break, too. Happened twice now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wehrlein left the door wide open allowing Button up the inside, he then looked at his mirror and shut the door. It was his fault 100% - those blaming Button need to look at the onboards again.

Button is a gentleman and a scholar.

Oh sod off, Wax. Seriously, we can do without your shitposting.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Maybe Button just overestimated the acceleration he would get from stepping on the gas.

BigAl1992

Maybe Button just overestimated the acceleration he would get from stepping on the gas.

Button's problem was that he went for a gap that was always going to disappear. Trying to overtake on Monaco is always going to be difficult, but he misjudged it big time on that corner.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Oh sod off, Wax. Seriously, we can do without your shitposting.

McLaren should install Wax into one of their cars. His superior spinning might make the car competitive again. Although the torque might be too much to handle. His motivation would last longer than two races, though.

Theorry

Either him or Sainz. Who else is there to get at this point?

I would assume Perez, Sainz and Leclerc are the three biggest in contention.

Leclerc is not gonna happen. Doesnt have experience at all. Sainz is possible. But to "young" for Ferrari still. So Perez is the obvious choice or Grosjean. His whole reason to go to Haas was for the Ferrari shortcut.

Aiii

So not worth it
Leclerc is not gonna happen. Doesnt have experience at all. Sainz is possible. But to "young" for Ferrari still. So Perez is the obvious choice or Grosjean. His whole reason to go to Haas was for the Ferrari shortcut.

He has 3 years of F1 experience by then. That is enough for Ferrari.

kiyomi

I agree Leclerc is unlikely but it's always sounded like they really, really rate him. So idk.

Sainz has enough experience by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom