• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaru

At least there's over taking, close sprints to the finish and is reliant on the ability / skill of the rider not the piece of equipment the team provides them with.

They still try to find advantages though, like that guy who got caught with a hidden motor or that team using a teflon-coated low-friction chain. High tech finds a way!

Aiii

So not worth it
At least there's over taking, close sprints to the finish and is reliant on the ability / skill of the rider not the piece of equipment the team provides them with.

While the last part isn't completely true, of course, you just described about two minutes of action in a 5 hours event, I'm not yet convinced.

Mastah

Jezbollah

By mid 2009 it was hard not to make that comparison.
Came in 2nd in their rookie season. Became #1 driver and nabbed the title from a Ferrari driver late into their second season. Sudden drop-off in the third season, despite staying on the same team.

It's only 2010 where their paths diverged, much to Hamilton's benefit.

I'd say that Villeneuve drove better in his third season than his first two - he was in a worse car (the first Newey-less Williams), with inferior Goodyear tyres (the Bridgestones had done a much better job adapting to the new grooved spec) and customer year old Renault engines. He still put that car on the podium in Hockenheim. That was something else.

DD

Now just imagine the samurai quotes if Fernando had moved to Mercedes, only to find out that now Ferrari is faster...

Got my tickets for USGP in order, can't wait to see the new cars in action first hand! Last year was a blast thanks to Spider from Mars hooking it up with some awesome seats. I ended up getting a flex pass so I can see everything from different vantage points throughout the weekend.

We should do a meetup for F1GAF since it sounds like Drew and Danny aren't going this year.

tomtom94

Ah, Turkey.

I just discovered that Vettel managed to set the fastest lap time in all of free practice in his second free practice session (2006 Turkish GP). And got fined for speeding in the pitlane.

Grassy

Jesus Christ.

I've spent HOURS today trying to get some of my old PC racing games like NR2003 or Race07 to work as I fancied a bit of a play, but absolutely NOTHING works for me on Windows 10.

Gave up in the end and just went back to F1 2016 on PS4 instead.

For Nascar Racing 2003 you need to download a no-cd exe, and run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP as administrator.

Mods/tracks etc - https://www.mediafire.com/folder/gf129guz052lr/NASCAR_Racing_2003_Season_(Public)#gf129guz052lr

Graphics tweaker - http://bigdonlinemotorsports.com/NRgtweak.php

Zeknurn

Coulthard has made his way over to Formula E and will be presenting it today.

And here are the UK times (GMT+1)
Formula E – Mexico City (online via Channel 5’s social media channels and YouTube)
01/04 – 14:55 to 15:55 – Practice 1
01/04 – 17:25 to 18:10 – Practice 2

Formula E – Mexico City
01/04 – 18:30 to 20:30 – Qualifying (Spike)
01/04 – 22:30 to 00:15 – Race (Channel 5)

ramparter

Banned
https://wtf1.com/post/fernando-alonso-just-announced-his-retirement-from-f1/
Breaking! Alonso retires, Crashtor returns!!

PS: I lost it at the secret meeting image lol
8646e12c9db2bba6fd07efe5d2a1068b.jpg

Zaru

Not an april's fools joke: The recent FIA meeting about the future of power units ended with the explicit goals of using simpler/cheaper engines with better noise and less "going easy on the engine" (last point is my translation of "allowing drivers to drive harder at all times")

Now they have to figure out HOW, and it won't happen until 2021. Stay tuned.

BigAl1992

Not an april's fools joke: The recent FIA meeting about the future of power units ended with the explicit goals of using simpler/cheaper engines with better noise and less "going easy on the engine" (last point is my translation of "allowing drivers to drive harder at all times")

A return to the V8s would be nice for a start off :). But seriously, the main reason behind these engines being so quiet for the last 3/4(?) years is because they got more efficient in how the IC within the engine is being harnessed and transferred into the wheels. I think it was a jump of high 20% to mid 50% or some crazy figure like that, hence why the engines were so loud as the heat energy was mostly turning into noise energy prior to these new hybrid engines.

I'd like the noise to return thank you very much, but they'll have to either ditch the hybrid engines or increase the revs for the engine and increase the no. of engines they can have for a season, as those engines will be lowing up like fireworks otherwise.

Here's an idea, let teams decide if they want to use turbo charged or NA engines.

DBT85

Here's an idea, let teams decide if they want to use turbo charged or NA engines.

And when they all pick turbo because it's so much more efficient with a wider power band? The only way anyone would pick NA is cost.

The engine manufacturers will take some persuading to go back to NA.

Standardizing parts of the PU could make them cheaper, but I don't know how they want them to get louder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom