• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

I just wish Alonso hadn't lost out in 2010 as it means they'd all be on three championships each.
I think if Hamilton finished in Monza and Singapore he would've won that championship or if McLaren knew how to attach a fucking wheel in Hungary. Either way I'd prefer if Vettel had one less championship as well.

Dr.Phibes

I think if Hamilton finished in Monza and Singapore he would've won that championship or if McLaren knew how to attach a fucking wheel in Hungary. Either way I'd prefer if Vettel had one less championship as well.

Why though?
It was a rather classic "excellent driver in the fastest car" thing, much like Alonso and Hamilton.

The only reason I somewhat tolerate Vettel is that he's driving for Ferrari. And like I said last week when he crashed with Stroll, I just can't take his shit anymore. I really can't do it. He needs to shut the fuck up for the rest of the season and drive the shit out of the car, if it lets him.

How can you even blame Vettel for that thing last race?

Why though?
It was a rather classic "excellent driver in the fastest car" thing, much like Alonso and Hamilton.
I think Hamilton and Alonso had better "our cars are shit, but lets make the most out of them" years than Vettel. You put either of those two in the 2014 Red Bull and I think they would've done a better job than Vettel.

How can you even blame Vettel for that thing last race?

For the accident with Stroll? That seems pretty easy to do it now and even then at the moment, I didn't care if he crashed into Stroll or of Stroll crashed into him. He's in these bullshit situations way too many times. Baku, Singapore and now this. And he's always complaining, just like Grosjean. I cannot hear his shitty whiny voice anymore. I just can't.

I am still mad about Baku. He has been a fucking idiot.

The one season where Ferrari is keeping up in the development race, and still they manage to throw it away. Amazing.

This is particularly why I'm ok with Hamilton winning the title. Vettel is showing cracks. He seems like someone who cannot calm down mentally. When Riccardo was troucing him in his final season with Red Bull he did this too. Just dumb decisions.

I think Hamilton and Alonso had better "our cars are shit, but lets make the most out of them" years than Vettel. You put either of those two in the 2014 Red Bull and I think they would've done a better job than Vettel.

I agree. I don't rate Vettel as high as Hamilton or Alonso. Alonso nearly won the title with a so so car at Best.

Also, when everything goes right, Vettel is really difficult to beat. He's amazing but I think both nando and ham have done noticeable better job when put in tougher situations.

It's always the same story. That people don't get bored repeating them for years, Alonso trashtalks his team everytime he thinks he doesn't deserve it and Hamilton shared telemetry data to prove that Button got the better deal or Mercedes would favour Rosberg.

spuckthew

It doesn't even have to be that complicated: if his tyre didn't blow up in Spain on the penultimate lap he'd have been champion. 2010 was a fucking close season.

I agree. I don't rate Vettel as high as Hamilton or Alonso. Alonso nearly won the title with a so so car at Best.

Also, when everything goes right, Vettel is really difficult to beat. He's amazing but I think both nando and ham have done noticeable better job when put in tougher situations.
Imagine Vettel in the 2009 McLaren...my god.

He already lost his shit in the Ferrari last year, would have a legit breakdown in the 09 McLaren.
He'd probably just be on the radio randomly babbling and cursing in German. He's never had a car that bad, granted the car won two races, but it must not have been an easy car to drive.

Kalor

I finally got round to the 2001 Malaysian race and it's way crazier than I expected. I hope they put out other old races as it's a good excuse to watch them.

chadskin

"Wrong direction"

DLa15ROW4AA2FYZ.jpg

Mohonky

W8 seems to take longer to get right. Wet track means less opportunity it tweak accordingly.

Yeh I dunno that Merc have the fastest car this year, Monza was an obvious outlier, but otherwise the Ferrari has seemingly routinely been the car to have as its just great everywhere.

Vettel should really be leading this championship if it werent for him being such a cucumber......

Yeh I dunno that Merc have the fastest car this year, Monza was an obvious outlier, but otherwise the Ferrari has seemingly routinely been the car to have as its just great everywhere.

Vettel should really be leading this championship if it werent for him being such a cucumber......

Hamilton and Bottas wouldnt have so many poles if the car isn't at the top of the game.

John_B

Hamilton and Bottas wouldnt have so many poles if the car isn't at the top of the game.
Ferrari threw the pole away in Belgium and Malaysia. Since Hungary the Ferrari is clearly the faster car. It was nowhere at Monza but had a massive pace advantage in Hungary, Singapore and Malaysia. The Mercedes was even behind Red Bull in two of those races.

Vettel is definitely in the right car to turn things around.

Jezbollah

I think that Merc is the fastest car out there, but I think it requires a lot of work to extract that performance. And I think Mercedes performance at a weekend is based upon the sim work and work during practice to get the speed out of the car.

Zaru

But is he the right driver? His rage in Baku and lapse of judgement in Singapore cost him the lead in the championship at least as much as technical issues. I'm afraid he'll do more fuckups as the season draws to a close.

Lego Boss

Ferrari threw the pole away in Belgium and Malaysia. Since Hungary the Ferrari is clearly the faster car. It was nowhere at Monza but had a massive pace advantage in Hungary, Singapore and Malaysia. The Mercedes was even behind Red Bull in two of those races.

Vettel has lost it. He just cruises around hitting things in a permanent state of red mist.

I am going to generalise here, but do Lolberg and Vettel really think that driving like Schmacher is the way to win championships? They all seem to have the same mentality where if they can't win, they crash into everyone else.

DBT85

Vettel has lost it. He just cruises around hitting things in a permanent state of red mist.

I am going to generalise here, but do Lolberg and Vettel really think that driving like Schmacher is the way to win championships? They all seem to have the same mentality where if they can't win, they crash into everyone else.
Hey hey hey. Just refusing to turn in to a corner is a viable tactic, apex are overrated anyway. Even if you do it by accident on purpose twice.

Mohonky

Bottas had gearbox replaced, so 5 place grid penalty is looming

I was going to say Hamilton and Merc need him to out minimise any potential point loses or even help Hamilton spread more of a lead, but then I realised he hasnt really been anywhere for awhile now.

Vettel could be alot closer in the championship if he'd just let Verstappen through in Singapore. That was not a sound tactical decision he made.

It's been done to death anyway. Under normal circumstances Max would have backed out, but obviously he had no-where to go because of Raikkonen's start.

Staab

Bottas really hasn't been performing so great these past few races, and it seemed to be purely on raw pace.
Wonder if he's struggling with set up, seems to have complained a couple of times about tyres not working.

Top Bottom