• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Aiii

So not worth it
I hate the Merc qualy mode, I really wish they would find a way to stop people tuning up engines over one lap.

DBT85

1:27.8. Whew.

Have to wonder why they'd take that much out of the tyres though. Would taking it easy and hitting a 1:29 not be easier on them and give him longer at the start of the race.

I hate the Merc qualy mode, I really wish they would find a way to stop people tuning up engines over one lap.
Have only one engine mode for the dry is the only way. And there no way it'll happen.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

I don’t get this opinion - Ferrari has this too.

Also, Hamilton didn’t use it for Q2.

John_B

Ferrari also has a qualifying mode, albeit not as effective. Red Bull is completely without such a mode. It looks squarely between Hamilton and Vettel this qualifying.

nekkid

I have no idea why Mercedes always does 2 runs in Q2. Ferrari and Red Bull often park it and save a set of tyres.

Presumably they think they can improve the quality of the race tyre. It always comes across as somewhat humble, to me.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I wonder how much resources are teams moving on 2018 projects

Ferrari also has a qualifying mode, albeit not as effective. Red Bull is completely without such a mode. It looks squarely between Hamilton and Vettel this qualifying.

Renault will bring it in 2018

Lender

McLaren are a lunch of idiots. Why not let stoffel in front of Alonso allowing him to try gain more places on the grid since Alonso already has a penalty?

Aiii

So not worth it
They have literally no need to do so, and doing so takes more out of the engine. They'll use it when required only.

I guess Sky is wrong then when they say customer teams “only”get it in Q3. And Hamilton is always just so much faster between Q1 and Q2.

DBT85

1:27.3. Ouch

I guess Sky is wrong then when they say customer teams “only”get it in Q3. And Hamilton is always just so much faster between Q1 and Q2.

Have you considered that Merc can run at 7 in q1, 9 in q2 and 11 in q3? The car is just fast.

Sloane

Banned
McLaren are a lunch of idiots. Why not let stoffel in front of Alonso allowing him to try gain more places on the grid since Alonso already has a penalty?
Difference was like 0.02 s or something, hard to plan this...

Nice to see that Mercedes is back.

Aiii

So not worth it
1:27.3. Ouch

Have you considered that Merc can run at 7 in q1, 9 in q2 and 11 in q3? The car is just fast.

I have considered that Merc has more than one mode they run seperately in each qualifying.

I have not stated their car isn’t fast, I have also not said Lewis isn’t quick, just to get ahead of that one.

nekkid

I have considered that Merc has more than one mode they run seperately in each qualifying.

I have not stated their car isn’t fast, I have also not said Lewis isn’t quick, just to get ahead of that one.

I feel like your argument essentially boils down to “I wish Mercedes weren’t so good at their job”.

Yagami_Sama

Great job by Hamilton. Bottas scored the second position,which was kind of a surprise.Roo bad he will lost 5 positions.

I think that now Hamilton have a pole positions in all tracks of the current F1 calendar.

Isn't this part of the established pattern from Kimi? Dies mid-season, shows up for a few races either side of the break to get a new contract and is back to being miserable the rest of the season?
If you are a team/driver that qualifies behind a McLaren then you need to have a long hard look at yourselves.
The car has never been terrible. It's mostly the engine.

Jibbed

They only run the car in quali mode in Q3.

Q1/2 is essentially the race mode.

Top Bottom