• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Did Ferrari collectively just said “fuck it” in the last few races?

Embarrassing...

To be fair, if Vettel could jus control his temper in Baku, not crash out in Singapore and definitely have fucked something on his car with the weird stroll crash,, the WDC would still be wide open.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
To be fair, if Vettel could jus control his temper in Baku, not crash out in Singapore and definitely have fucked something on his car with the weird stroll crash,, the WDC would still be wide open.

Yeah I’m not following the “Ferrari have ruined poor Vettel’s chances” thing I keep seeing.

Dr.Phibes

Yeah I’m not following the “Ferrari have ruined poor Vettel’s chances” thing I keep seeing.
I definitely remember some salt from Hamilton fans last season, I mean #blessed himself even pushed the conspiracy narrative against his own team. Doesn't get any lower than that IMO.

Jezbollah

I definitely remember some salt from Hamilton fans last season, I mean #blessed himself even pushed the conspiracy narrative against his own team. Doesn't get any lower than that IMO.

It happens in motorsports a lot - the most hardened of fans drag themselves lower. And it puts the rest of those drivers. Happens all the time in MotoGP too with Valentino Rossi fans.

valkyre

How did you come to the conclusion that i implied that Ferrari ruined Vettel’s chances? Read more carefully... i said Ferrari “collectively”. Vettel is part of Ferrari and he fucked up in Singapore and then Ferrari reliability went haywire...

They, all of them, fucked it up, which is why they started making changes within the team.

Ps: i dont give a shit about Vettel. I am a Ferrari fan. Dont care much who is behind the wheel (with few exceptions) Vettel in particular is not someone i ever liked as an individual/professional. All i care is Ferrari winning the WC.

RSP

Anyone counted how often Nico checked if his mic was on? Has to be at least a few dozen times 😆

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
How did you come to the conclusion that i implied that Ferrari ruined Vettel’s chances? Read more carefully... i said Ferrari “collectively”. Vettel is part of Ferrari and he fucked up in Singapore and then Ferrari reliability went haywire...

They, all of them, fucked it up, which is why they started making changes within the team.

Ps: i dont give a shit about Vettel. I am a Ferrari fan. Dont care much who is behind the wheel (with few exceptions) Vettel in particular is not someone i ever liked as an individual/professional. All i care is Ferrari winning the WC.

While I can understand Vettel starting to crack a bit under the pressure of this year's WC, hence Singapore for example, I can't understand how the team have single handedly managed to fuck up so badly with their engines in the last week.

Kimi missing Malaysia, Vettel having an engine go and needing a new one also and now Spark Plug problems with his basically brand new engine?

Spark plug problems? Seriously? This isn't a dodgy 1980's Alfa Romeo we are talking about here. Even when Mercedes had reliability issues in 2016 it didn't result in anything like this.

It's a shame because it has ruined a really competitive season. And while I think Hamilton would have won the WDC without these last 2 races turning out the way they did, this just kills any real chances of drama in the last races.

Par Score

Forza Ferrari! Grazie mille! Grazie grazie grazie!

Ah, it warms my heart to watch the boys from Maranello suffer. Bonus points that it's German Jesus they're fucking over in the process.

Hopefully nothing happens to make the rest of the season interesting and Lewis can bring it home nice and easily.

Theorry

eh8zqtlmexskdkubg5qpwizska.jpg

After the obviously 5 top drivers I don't even know what the assumed next upcoming tier of super talent is supposed to be for 2019+. Kimi holding that seat at Ferrari for, what, almost 5 damn years now, is holding up the line. He's not even been a good #2 this year, always slower and having zero answer to Bottas cementing the WCC for Mercedes. Massa un-retiring and now wanting to stay for 2018 is another bottleneck. Hulkenberg and Perez in the midfield are in a weird position because they've been consistent in bringing home points over multiple seasons so you can't possibly justify getting rid of them, but are they stuck there forever?

Hamilton needs to win the next race and Vettel to finish lower than fifth and he has the WDC in the bag.

Another fun-fact: Hamilton got 118 points since the summer break, Vettel got 45.

#NeverTrustFerrari

Dilly

Banned
I'm so tired of seeing Raikonnen and Massa drive. What is Massa even bothering for next year, he retired last year.

DBT85

Useful points for Lewis, shame to see no fight between him and Vettel yet again.

He lost one to reliability last year so he's getting the luck this year.

To think, this could be his 4th wdc and could so easily be his 6th.

Zaru

Useful points for Lewis, shame to see no fight between him and Vettel yet again.

He lost one to reliability last year so he's getting the luck this year.

To think, this could be his 4th wdc and could so easily be his 6th.

I count 2007, 2010 and 2016 as seasons he could have won with just one race each going differently in terms of reliability or strategy faults. So really his 7th.

After the obviously 5 top drivers I don't even know what the assumed next upcoming tier of super talent is supposed to be for 2019+. Kimi holding that seat at Ferrari for, what, almost 5 damn years now, is holding up the line. He's not even been a good #2 this year, always slower and having zero answer to Bottas cementing the WCC for Mercedes. Massa un-retiring and now wanting to stay for 2018 is another bottleneck. Hulkenberg and Perez in the midfield are in a weird position because they've been consistent in bringing home points over multiple seasons so you can't possibly justify getting rid of them, but are they stuck there forever?

To be fair aside from Verstappen Kimi has lost most points without his own fault (Bottas crashing him out two times, vettel one time and then that Malasya DNF without even starting). Hopefully next and his final year will be more hassle free.

itsgreen

I'm so tired of seeing Raikonnen and Massa drive. What is Massa even bothering for next year, he retired last year.

But than again, I had that feeling when he left, and when he came back he was great in the Lotus.

But that is probably in comparison to his teammate, and his teammate now is pretty good.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The GP2 sprint race in Jerez is delayed because the Safety Car is having issues. Wonder if it's a Ferrari.

Theorry

Kimi just needs to stop. Ever since he is back at Ferrari its nothing anymore.
I loved Lotus Kimi. That was old Kimi still. Relentless and fast.

jey_16

Banned
I count 2007, 2010 and 2016 as seasons he could have won with just one race each going differently in terms of reliability or strategy faults. So really his 7th.

in that case, I guess Alonso is a 4xWDC considering 2010 and 2012. Massa could have won in 2008, Michael could have won in 2006 and so on....

a lot of the championships have been decided by luck, it's not always going to go their way but both Hamilton and Vettel have benefited in the past as well not to mention have ridiculously dominant cars

sad that the last time we genuinely had multiple competitive teams for an entire season was 2012!

Ark

Good race. Loved Rosberg as a pundit, he needs to stick around the paddock.

Bottas desperately needs to step up, otherwise he's going to be replaced pretty quickly. Kimi and Massa need to go. The two Red Bull guys are once again brilliant.

Septimius

Fucking piece of shit. Been sitting here watching an hour of pre-race. The race show proper starts. They ran into Mo Farah on the grid, and Nico and Martin were so excited. Then they show him again before the parade lap. So I figure I'm just gonna google to see who that is.

"Lewis Hamilton celebrates win in Japan with 'the mobot'"

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Zaru

in that case, I guess Alonso is a 4xWDC considering 2010 and 2012. Massa could have won in 2008, Michael could have won in 2006 and so on....

a lot of the championships have been decided by luck

Of course they're decided by luck, but we're talking about championships that could have gone differently by one whim of fate in one race that are not the driver's fault. It helps put into perspective where that driver really stands. Schumacher could have had 10(!). Hamilton 7. Meanwhile I'd say that Vettel was on the "luckier" side to get 4 instead of 2 titles. He was able to capitalize on all his realistic chances unless you stretch 2009.

DBT85

a lot of the championships have been decided by luck, it's not always going to go their way but both Hamilton and Vettel have benefited in the past as well not to mention have ridiculously dominant cars

sad that the last time we genuinely had multiple competitive teams for an entire season was 2012!

Nobody said anything other than "could easily have been". No need to be quite so defensive.

Well Renault's problems seem to be finally sorted, next season Renault Peter P rocketship domination for thousand year confirmed. Book it!

Of course they're decided by luck, but we're talking about championships that could have gone differently by one whim of fate in one race that are not the driver's fault. It helps put into perspective where that driver really stands. Schumacher could have had 10(!). Hamilton 7. Meanwhile I'd say that Vettel was on the "luckier" side to get 4 instead of 2 titles. He was able to capitalize on all his realistic chances unless you stretch 2009.

Outside that Vettel suffered the most technical DNFs in these close years.

So it's always silly to argue "the one whim of fate". If Hamilton would have lost the title this year one could argue that he lost the title in the two races where he was nowhere while Bottas won them for example, now the technical problems of Vettel are now playing into Hamilton's hands. Can't be helped.

Lego Boss

Vettel didn't deserve this ;____;
Guy had the potential to top Micheal Schumacher. Hope he can still bag 2 more.

This season he has been a tool this season. He doesn’t deserve to win for his shenanigans.

He lost it at Baku and has just imploded since Monza. Singapore was a shit show and WTF went on in Malaysia.

I am not sure he would have won it even if he had kept it together, but a lot of this season’s failure is on him buckling under pressure.

Top Bottom