• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

This season he has been a tool this season. He doesn’t deserve to win for his shenanigans.

He lost it at Baku and has just imploded since Monza. Singapore was a shit show and WTF went on in Malaysia.

I am not sure he would have won it even if he had kept it together, but a lot of this season’s failure is on him buckling under pressure.

He was leading most of the time despite only having 4 wins whle Hamilton has twice so many wins. He was pretty consistent, so that's quite the weird rewritten history.

Alonso not being in a top car is extremely frustrating. He should be fighting for race wins, I wish Mercedes had allowed him that open seat after Nico's retirement.

I've been rewatching the qualis and races from 2007, and F1 really needs a Lewis vs. Fernando part 2.

Is it untrue?

What is untrue? That drivers aren't getting 100% of the possible points? That would be true for all drivers in the field. Just looking at the amount of "lost points" I don't think Vettel actually left more points on the table than Hamilton for throughly non technical DNF (or what happened with Hamilton's headrest in Baku)reasons.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Spark plug issue appeared in out lap to the grid, but Ferrari ran out of time to replace it on the grid.

kiyomi

I'm so tired of seeing Raikonnen and Massa drive. What is Massa even bothering for next year, he retired last year.

Massa has been piss poor since 2010. Not sure why he's still employed other than "he's nice" and "he was fairly fast once, in 2006". Always been a bad wheel-to-wheel racer and one of the worst wet-weather drivers I've ever seen.

Zaru

LOQfPy0.jpg

Stroll to the future

Breakage

Ferrari are useless. It's over for them this year.
I wonder if we'll see the emergence of a no-fucks-given Vettel in the last few races.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
In what sense? Not had a chance to watch the notebook yet.

Maybe I did not selected the right word - I have got a feeling that he was trying to tell us that Renault made a mistake with dumping Palmer. Especially with the part questioning past statements from Renault team boss.

Plus "if STR needs a driver for Austin, well there is Palmer free now"

Aiii

So not worth it
Maybe I did not selected the right word - I have got a feeling that he was trying to tell us that Renault made a mistake with dumping Palmer. Especially with the part questioning past statements from Renault team boss.

Plus "if STR needs a driver for Austin, well there is Palmer free now"

He just correctly pointed out that he lied a lot.

British TV channel is allowed to be a bit miffed about a British driver leaving the sport, btw, nothing wrong with that.

Jezbollah

So from last week's manifold issue for Raikkonen, to this week's spark plug issue with Seb.

Nice to see Italian worksmanship is up to standards.

DBT85

So from last week's manifold issue for Raikkonen, to this week's spark plug issue with Seb.

Nice to see Italian worksmanship is up to standards.
Didn't see as I was asleep, but did anyone post the appropriate itsaferrari gifs during the race?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
British TV channel is allowed to be a bit miffed about a British driver leaving the sport, btw, nothing wrong with that.

It is for the first time in modern F1 that there will be only one British driver on the grid.

He just correctly pointed out that he lied a lot.

They really have no reason to be miffed about this unless they think that Joylon Palmer is a good representation of British race drivers. Of course, you'd prefer to have more drivers from your country in your sport. But in case of Palmer, he's more of an embarrassment rather than something to be proud of.

Jezbollah

I wouldn't say he's been an embarrassment (that's a little harsh..) but he's clearly not shown anything that would warrant him keeping his seat.

There have been a fuckton of embarrassing F1 drivers in recent decades, Palmer doesnt get anywhere near that (nor do any others in the current field). Even Kvyat.

I wouldn't say he's been an embarrassment (that's a little harsh..) but he's clearly not shown anything that would warrant him keeping his seat.

There have been a fuckton of embarrassing F1 drivers in recent decades, Palmer doesnt get anywhere near that (nor do any others in the current field). Even Kvyat.

You're right, that was too harsh to describe Palmer. Being so bad that you get kicked out in the last 4 or 5 races of the season is embarrassing, though. I still don't see a reason to be miffed about him leaving the sport. If there was an Italian driver on the grid performing like Palmer and getting the boot, I wouldn't shed a tear either.

BigAl1992

I can understand British TV being a little unhappy with Palmer leaving, but the key reason myself and others were hard on him was because he never showed any signs of progression in his race craft and skills on the track. He got two points finishes in the last year and a half for Renault. Two. Now if that was a car that was welded to the back of the grid constantly I'd feel some sense of pity for him, but Hulkenberg this year has shown that the Renault can finish in the points consistently, which Palmer seemed unable to replicate. Now him being booted off the grid before the season is over does suck for him and I don't really enjoy seeing that happen to a driver, but Formula One is a cold business to be in and the onus was on him to deliver, and in the eyes of Renault's bosses he didn't do that.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Wow. Haha.

Props to Lewis for admitting he just removes his seatbelt. Haha.

“Maybe Sebastian should keep his on” haha.

Grosjean, though - what a swat. Lewis did well to not say “the fuck...?”

Fox Mulder

Ferrari are useless. It's over for them this year.
I wonder if we'll see the emergence of a no-fucks-given Vettel in the last few races.

Maybe it would be different if they didn't have a worthless #2 car each race. The Ferrari is good enough be on the podium even if vettel drops off. Same with the Merc.

useless #2 drivers. Another year with Kimi, lol.

DBT85

“Maybe Sebastian should keep his on” haha.

Grosjean, though - what a swat. Lewis did well to not say “the fuck...?”
Lol yeah. Though I think he only asked because Lewis asked about sebs steering wheel. I think a few drivers smirked when grosgean asked.

DBT85

Sebastian Vettel is one reprimand away from a Formula 1 grid penalty after being punished for missing the national anthem ahead of the Japanese Grand Prix.

The Ferrari driver skipped the pre-race ceremony to remain by his car, as mechanics worked to address the spark plug problem that would put him out of the race.

But as attending the national anthem ceremony is mandatory, Vettel was investigated by the race stewards for a breach of the rules.

Seems a bit petty. Wasn't the mandatory thing only brought in because of Russia?

DBT85

Nah it's been around for a couple of years now by memory.
Had a quick look, seems it it's only been mandatory since this year, and surprise surprise, Bernie was the one who put it in the sporting regulations.

The requirement that all drivers attend the pre-race national anthem ceremony was written into this year’s sporting regulations after pressure from former commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

valkyre

I still cant fathom how Ferrari managed to fucked things up right when they were supposed to be the strongest.

Effectively they ruined this season....

Top Bottom